Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can anyone help a forum newbie?

Fanboy_Of_Things

Greetings everypony,

I am the Fanboy_Of_Things, I have never used a forum before. I plan to correct that oversight with this site as it seemed fitting with my admiraton for the show and the fandom itself. My interests revolve mostly around cartoons, comics and video games (usaully fighters and rpgs). Though I am always looking for new things, any suggestions of media or activity would greatly appreciated.

I am currently live in New Brunswick, Canada working as pizza boy to earn money for my university bound ambitions. I don't have many people in my group of friends that share my enthusiasm for MLP that allows for deep discussions.

Here is to a more internet social version of myself.

Thank you to anyone whom responds. 

• Brohoof 1

Hey, welcome to the Forums!

Unfortunately I'm on my phone, so I can't give you a better greeting. But you've found a great community where you'll make lots of friends.

If you need help finding your way around or anything, let me know. I love to help new friends. :)

- Kolth

Hai and welcome to the forums! :3

Hmm, never used a forum before, huh? I know that feel and actually not too long ago since this is only my second forum ever. Small basic things to know, quote allows you to quote people, which, will get their attention and notify them of you doing so. Multiquote allows you to quote multiple people by hitting them on the posts you want to quote. Report, as it says, reports things. Just select what rule the post is breaking and send it in.

I'm guessing you've already seen the rules, but just in case, here ya go. http://mlpforums.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Umm, posts count everywhere but in Cloudsdale Colosseum and Roleplay World. With more posts you get a higher badge, but don't worry about it too much as it means nothing really. Post quality is better than quantity. You can click the badge under your name or someone's elses to see all the badges and what post number they are achieved from.

Uhh...Going into the subforums, General Discussion is for anything at all that can be discussed, Sugarcube Corner is for  pony related things, Octavia's hall is for artwork, both pony and non pony related and the Forum Lounge is for anything silly with no real point. Forum games and such. Umm, I think I got most of the areas. Well, There's also Canterlot Castle which are posts made by the staff regarding changes and whatnot to the forum. You need to pay attention to that area at all times in case of something important happening.

And I think that's it mostly.

If I did a horrible job of explaining all of that (which I probably did cause Im no good at explanations), then have this guide as well: http://mlpforums.com/topic/13005-ultimate-mlp-forums-posting-guide/

And one on proper ways to report posts as well: http://mlpforums.com/topic/13006-guide-to-proper-reporting-etiquette/

Im thinking I got most of the basic stuff.

Either way, I hope you do enjoy yourself here! :3

Skullgirls, Blazblue, Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Smash Bros, Street Fighter and Persona 4 Arena when I can get a copy.

As for RPGs the more story the better.

Cool, I most of those as well (Skullgirls, Blazblue, Smash, Persona 4). I also play a bit of Arcana Heart 3 and tried to get into Guilty Gear.

There's some threads for Skullgirls and Blazblue but I guess there aren't many fighting game fans on this forum because the threads are pretty slow (read: dead). Here they are if you want to take a look/post (revive):

That Blazblue thread

Skullgirls

It's been a while since I've picked up a new RPG. I'm more into JRPG than WRPG. I'm waiting for the new Disgaea and Tales of Xillia.