Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fanfic: A Puppet to her Fame

Kaidan

I wanted to share a story I just finished:

A Puppet To Her Fame

My unicorn parents called me a worthless mud pony. They pushed me every day to overcome my lowly status. When I woke up one morning with my cutie mark, I thought they would love me. I couldn’t have been farther from the truth.

It was not destiny or enjoyment that lead me to discover the cello and composing. My parents made that decision, deciding before I was born I would continue their family legacy of famous musicians.

They did not realize what that decision would cost them.

89729.jpg?1362964067

Ohai ther Kaidan! :3 Srs though, I love this story. It's weird that I never really liked darker stories until I discovered MLP. I love this story so much that it's in my top 3 best fanfictions after only the first chapter! It hits the darker tone without being rediculous, and holy hell can it be brutal. Octy's parents are just amazing in how ridiculous they are, and the entire thing can be thought of as an aligory for childhood stress and heavy expectations.

First off I LOVE that cover picture...which really says more about me than I like...

Anyway I'm gonna put this at the top of my to-read list. I think I'll be able to read it tonight.

I just finished reading your story, I really loved it. It's the first story that I favorited and turned the email updates on. I have two things I'd also like to state, the first is that Octavia's relationship with her parents is now part of my "dark head canon". The second is that I wish I could write like you.