Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So... Socks?

Jinx

I've heard from a reliable source that people have a fascination with ponies in socks. This is the best digital art I've completed thus far. So how does it look?

tcJOfoT.png

• Brohoof 7

This pony reminds me of a hot chocolate with whipped cream. Like when you dunk the whipped cream under the hot chocolate, and the two mix... idunnolol

The shading could have been executed a bit better. The left two legs' socks are left completely in 2D. However, I honestly don't even know how you would go about shading them with the two tone style you used for the entire project.

I don't know how this pony is but holy cow is he aesthetically pleasing. I would personally use a softer shade of green for the eyes, but that's just a personal preference.

I love the fact that you did make the socks ridiculously tight to the point in which it looks like a high school girl wearing yoga pants, like some of the socks art that I've seen.

b-but it's not like i think this is good or anything

d-... don't get the wrong idea

1358359982915.gif

• Brohoof 1

The socks seem a bit odd to me...it's their outline. It makes them so bold, that they stand out and take away attention to who is wearing them. but it is nice other than that. I would eprhaps either go with a lighter color, or soften them to blend it in better.

@,

Yeah I wasn't too sure about the shading on the socks, but it still turned out being better shaded than the rest of my art has been. The good comments I've gotten have been that it's highly aesthetically speaking. It's what I wanted out of it, and I like the color scheme I chose to use. I love how the hair and tail turned out especially.

@,

I'll modify it in the future, it's still very much a work in progress. It might even work better with the dark brown of the socks as the outline.