Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Kingdom Hearts: Alt Mix OOC Thread

Grace Braid

Sorry I've been absent since this RP started. As soon as I got home from college, my computer decided to konk out on me. Still having issues, but its relatively stable for now. Unfortunately, my father also has to be using up the internet connection with netflix right now, meaning even just browsing this forum takes a fricking age. I'm going to try to read through what has gone on in the game thread, and then draft a post if I'm able to.

• Brohoof 3

well honestly, i have to say the one thing i like the most is the diversity of characters. I know it should obviously be this way, what with the "they come from different worlds thing, but in other KH Rps iv followed and participated in the other posters liked to pull a lof of things from the real world instead of coming up with their own or using worlds from their favorite books/movies and such. Another thing i like is that there actualy are a few of us not using keyblades. I probably would have gone with a non-keyblade master myself, but i had recently designed a few keyblades and wanted to use them. I am currently in the process of making wooden reblicas of mine. If anyone wants to send me a picture to base it on i might be able to make them. it just depends on the details in the picture.

NOTICE

Hey, I've sent a message to RollPlay asking his permission to have something happen with his character. Until I get a response, I ask that you do not have your characters interact with his character's unconscious body. Feel free to post anything else, though.

...............................Wait, what??!  Serah, what in the world are you planning inside that labyrinth of a brain of yours?  I think you are becoming a bit like Key Gear AKA Scootacool. ;)

NOTICE

I have received permission and made my post. Proceed as usual.

...............................Wait, what??!  Serah, what in the world are you planning inside that labyrinth of a brain of yours?  I think you are becoming a bit like Key Gear AKA Scootacool. wink.png

Nothing so devious as Key Gear. XD I'm just trying to keep things interesting, is all.

And please, call me Legendary Emerald. My current username and avatar is this way to make things more clear in the RP which player-character I'm controlling. Whenever I decide to have her show up again, that is. ;)

(edited)

@LeJAKoJAK

I just want to call attention to your latest post, and make something clear to both you and the other players.

The post in question - http://mlpforums.com/topic/58012-kingdom-hearts-alt-mix/page-2#entry1427234

In this post, you have your character speak to almost every person present, asking for names, directions, and what not. But by doing this all in one post, you are not giving any other character a chance to respond. This is a "time-bending" trap which other players are going to fall into unless I clarify this RP rule right now.

No one can interrupt your character's actions in a post you have written. So if you write your character as speaking to many people in turn, other players cannot re-write history (ie: your post) to include their character's responses.

To make this clear, I will provide a segment of your post as if it were your entire post, and then some fake responses that are examples of what is not allowed

Post 1 - Allan: Hey dude, I don't think I ever caught your name," he points at Akari, "I don't think I caught your name," Allan finally points at Marcon, "And I sure as heck didn't catch your name. However, we can finish introductions later." He jerks his thumb over his shoulder in the direction that the mysterious woman jumped off to. "I think we should go and find the magical Zippo lighter first. We can learn more about the monster situation. " He scratches the back of his head. "My problem is that I don't really know where district three is," Allan directs his attention back to Sam, "And you know a way there. Would you mind leading us the way?"

Post 2 - Akari: blah blah blah Someone asked her for a name. "My name is Akari." After receiving an answer, Allan directed a question towards Marcon. (THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, because it contradicts LeJAK/Allan's first post)

Post 3 - Allan: He heard her name. "Ah, Akari. What a name." blah blah blah... (THIS IS NOT ALLOWED, because Allan is responding to Akari as if Akari was the last person he'd spoken to)

Post 4 - Marcon:  blah blah blah The question was directed at Marcon. "Me? The name is Marcon." Allan then turned his attention back to sam and asked if there was a way out. (THIS IS  NOT ALLOWED, for the same reason as post 2)

Post 5 - Sam: "Sure, I know the way. It's just past Disney Land on the left side of Applecore street. Can't miss it. (THIS IS ALLOWED, because Sam was the last person spoken to in LeJAK/Allan's first post.

Post 6 - Akari: Sam answered Allan's question. Akari turned her attention to Allan. "Hey, that was rude of you to ask my name and then not wait for an answer. It's Akari, by the way." (THIS IS ALLOWED, because Akari is not contradicting what was written in LeJAK/Allan's first post, and mentions how she was given no natural window to answer.)

/examples

Edited by Serah Anastos
  • Brohoof 1

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT:

Hello, Legendary Emerald here. I've been asked to give you all a warning based on some of your posts. Some players have broken a few of the rules, and it is important to tell you all now before it can become a bigger problem.

First, please pre-read your posts. Perfection isn't called for in this RP, but a certain level of quality is expected. If Skyman or I notice your spelling and writing getting lazy, you will be warned, and if it continues, you will be removed from the RP.

Second, speaking Out of Character in the non-OOC thread is strictly prohibited. This is a forum-wide rule, and is a reportable offense. All OOC text must be kept to this thread, and no exceptions will be made.

Lastly, a reminder/clarification of the player's ability to effect the storyline. As a player, you are obviously free to have your character make any decisions they want. And you are also free to spawn minor (one or two heartless) enemy encounters, as well as interact with unimportant NPCs which you write into existence. However, actions such as those are suited more for gameplay downtime, when a character is by him/herself or there is a considerable lull in the plot.

For example, if everyone is enjoying lunch and sharing information about themselves, it'd be a distraction to spawn a heartless in the picnic basket. It is also unnecessary to create openings for other players to come in. Do NOT write (for example) “someone bumped into a glass of water” with the intent of another player character being that “someone”. You are not allowed to control other character's actions, and other players can decide where they want their characters to be.

That is all.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Okay guys, I'm sorry for the delay, but now Sam is moving out to lead the group through the Second District to reach the Third District.  Feel free to start the train again.  Well...  Except for Cranium's character who is a little KO'd right now.

@,@@RollPlay, @@Grace Braid, @@MagicalStarRain, @@LeJAKoJAK, @@Cranium Tyranus,  

Also, we need to get each other's Skype names.

Edited by Sam Avalon

I just think that it would make things easier communicating on Skype than here on the forums unless we all start subscribing here and the RP thread or mentioning the others in the RP to get their attention.  Skype is free and easy to install really.  just google it.

I do have a skype, however, my computer is currently compromised and I can only post on my nook. Also, I've been slammed with school work for exams and right after I graduate, I'm heading off to work at camp,. So if we do something with skype, it will be harder for me to RP. I apologise for not posting recently due to the aforementioned schoolwork I will have a post up soon.

(edited)

Is anyone going to make a new post? It seems kinda dead, and I really want to see how things turn out. So i hope someone will come back soon.

Edited by RollPlay