Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Kingdom Hearts: Alt Mix OOC Thread

Grace Braid

RP Thread

Your world is not alone.

Existing in the oft-theorized Realms of Light, the various worlds that make up the whole of existence have been at relative peace for eons, separated from one another by barriers ever since they split apart. Unaware of one-another’s existence, those who live on the worlds are unaware of the greater universe they are part of.

That peace shattered when the Heartless appeared.

Hailing from the Realm of Darkness, the Heartless invaded the worlds and began to greedily consume them, leaving nothing more than a handful of refugees, who would spread throughout the Realm of Light and, if they were lucky, chance upon a new World to live in. But with more worlds being consumed every day, there will soon be no place for life to escape to.

Not all hope is lost, however. King Mickey, of Disney Castle, spends his days seeking out the ‘how’ and ‘why’ of the Heartless’ entrance into the Realm of Light. Perhaps if more is known of the Heartless, the devoured worlds may yet be saved. But even if such a thing were possible, it would take more than one royal mouse to turn the tide of genocide.

Hope lives on in an unlikely world: Traverse Town, known for its sizeable refugee population, may be the new home of several individuals who are capable of changing the tide of battle.

Would you count yourself among them?

------------------------------------

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts: Alt Mix!

This RP is, quite obviously, a Kingdom Hearts-based one, set during the time of the Heartless Invasion in Kingdom Hearts 1. Your characters are refugees from worlds consumed by the Heartless, left with nothing but memories of those places and a desire to fight back. Banding together is the only way to survive and potentially stop the invasion; however, not everything is as simple as it seems on the surface, and there are those who will stop at nothing to make sure that all of the worlds are consumed in darkness.

------------------------------------

Rules:

This RP is joint ran by Legendary Emerald and Skyman. These are the rules that have been agreed upon.

General Writing/Posting Rules

• This is an Advanced RP, which means that you will have to put more effort into your posts.

• Time-bending is strictly forbidden. Time-bending refers to the act of ignoring part of a player’s post in order to respond to events that are no longer taking place.

• For example, if character A says something to you, and then immediately leaves to talk to character B (with both actions taking place in the same post), you cannot respond to character A unless you first recognize that his character has already left and is engaged in conversation with someone else.

• Time-bending check:  

• Having your character watch actions that have already taken place, and verbally or internally react to events that have passed in the RP, is not time bending.

• Having your character interrupt actions that have already taken place, in such a way that they contradict other player’s posts, is time bending.

• You don't have to know that much about Kingdom Hearts to join as it differs significantly from the canon universe, but some basic knowledge would be appreciated. For those who need more information, we direct you to the KH Wiki, or to me - I would be glad to explain anything that you want to know.

• For major, named characters from the Disney worlds or the Final Fantasy characters, it shall be LE and I controlling them. However, for things such as generic townspeople, they are fair game and can be used in the story by anybody to help move the story forward.

• Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. Minor typos won’t be punished, since that’s just flat-out draconian, but if you make consistent and moderate to major mistakes, even after we have warned you about your grammar/spelling, then we WILL kick you out of the RP. You have been warned.

• Posts must be, at bare minimum, a full paragraph in length, with two or more being preferred. Stretch your writing muscles, and don’t be afraid to write a over a page in one post if you feel it is necessary to get an idea or action across.

• Due to the slower pace of this RP, rapid posting is going to be limited. After your first post, you will not be able to post again until at least two other players have posted. This will continue for the duration of the RP.

• If it has been one day, however, and only one other person has posted, you may post again.

• Those two rules above may vary depending on the amount of people active in the RP, and so we’ll keep you notified if we decide to change it.

• Speaking of activity, you must post at least once every two weeks. If you have not posted in that time, then your character will be kicked out of the RP and your spot will be vacated for new players. However, if you post that you’ll be gone for a while, then we’ll automatically double the activity check timer to four weeks, or longer if you specifically designate how long you’ll be gone (although we won’t go above six weeks, since that’s just reaching the point of ridiculousness).

Character guidelines

• We will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post, it does NOT mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, one of us will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until we say so. If you are not accepted, one of us will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.

• No godmodding, Mary-Sues, etc. See The General Guide to Roleplaying for the big no-nos in more detail.

• Your character should have a Kingdom Hearts specific background. This means that their character fits nicely within the Kingdom Hearts universe - which generally means that so long as they're human or human-like, they should be fine.

In addition, please place the following fields in the “Other” portion of your character sheet:

Weapon Type: Note: You CAN in fact have a Keyblade; however, it is NOT required that you do. You can do just fine without one, if you decide that you don’t want one.

Weapon Design: Self-explanatory. Just give the overall design of your weapon; if you can manage it, a picture would suffice instead of a written description

Combat Specialization: Magic, Physical Combat, Defense, Healing, etc. If your character does not necessarily have a specialization, putting down “General” works too. This specialization may change over the course of the RP.

Canon Deviations:

In case you couldn’t tell, we’re going to be doing a few changes from the canon of the actual games. Many supporting cast members from the original game will be present, though perhaps not in the same way. Other cast members might be replaced or have no representation at all. All of this is done to provide the players with a focused storyline that contains plenty of new surprises, rather than being a beat-for-beat retread of the original game’s story.

---------

Character List:

1. Skyman: Grace/F/26

2. Legendary Emerald: Serah/F/20

3. Alex_Night: Sam/M/18

4. LeJAKoJAK: Allan/M/20

5. Half-Note: Reserved(HURRY UP)

6. MagicalStarRain: Akari/F/16

7. Kyoshiro: Alexander/M/19

8. Cranium Tyranus: Marcon/M/26

Edited by Skyman
  • Brohoof 2

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/selune-darkeye-r3037

Could this OC work? I have watched a lot of stuff about Kingdom Hearts (at first i watch a playthrough of the whole first game, somewhat of the second, chain of memories, birth by sleep, but then decided to watch a whole 1 hour video explaining everything... and even though i cant say i am an expert on every piece of Kingdom Hearts i guess i have the nessecary knowledge?) I remember myself rp-ing on Skype in a "Kingdom Hearts" version of MLP but it was more... "free" so you cant count it as experience. However the universe of Kingdom Hearts always fascinated me and although i've never really played much i can say i know something. Anyways... awaiting a response and will see what i can do.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/selune-darkeye-r3037

Could this OC work? I have watched a lot of stuff about Kingdom Hearts (at first i watch a playthrough of the whole first game, somewhat of the second, chain of memories, birth by sleep, but then decided to watch a whole 1 hour video explaining everything... and even though i cant say i am an expert on every piece of Kingdom Hearts i guess i have the nessecary knowledge?) I remember myself rp-ing on Skype in a "Kingdom Hearts" version of MLP but it was more... "free" so you cant count it as experience. However the universe of Kingdom Hearts always fascinated me and although i've never really played much i can say i know something. Anyways... awaiting a response and will see what i can do.

Thank you for showing interest in our role play game. Unfortunately, your character does not suite the needs of this RP at this time.

While the abilities your character has are unique and well suited for play, the "personality" section of your character sheet lacks focus and does not paint a picture of a consistent character. The "backstory" section is a block of text, which is nearly unreadable. Proper paragraph structure is a must for this RP, and you've unfortunately made a bad first-impression in that regard.

You will have one more opportunity to submit your character sheet after making changes to it, if you wish. But if you choose to, be aware that a new rule has been added to the rule list, which specifies that each character sheet have a new/modified backstory that will specifically allow them to exist in the KH universe.

• Brohoof 1

Alright, so here's my character. If there is anything I should fix on him, please tell me. His name is Allan Johnson, a student teacher.

Hmmm i will answer and make my modifications once i have seen this one's admission or not. And by the way... sorry... about the mess, i will try to make it better. I am just looking for an example to see how its done. Well i am from Greece afterall and english is not my native language. Do not worry... i am not intending on copying  anything or anyone.

Alright, so here's my character. If there is anything I should fix on him, please tell me. His name is Allan Johnson, a student teacher.

Accepted.

I may be interested in joining. I do like kingdom hearts, and we could explore new (possibly non-disney) worlds.

Reserved. You'll have two attempts in order to submit an application that we find acceptable before you have to wait a little while(like, a couple weeks or something) to apply again, if you want to. This goes for everybody.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting. I absolutely love Kingdom Hearts.

My OC? Look up WindWaker on the character database...

Thank you for showing interest in our role play game. Unfortunately, your character does not suite the needs of this RP at this time.

In the future, please be aware that it is common courtesy to link to your character's database in any "searching thread". It's a bit of a hassle for RP mods to search for it themselves, and in your specific case, it took longer to find than to read through. There is not enough information present on your database to give the impression of a well formed character as it stands, and the backstory you've given is not suitable for this sort of roleplay. The rules specify that characters have a KH specific backstory available on their page, even if it is just a slight modification of the character's existing backstory.

You will have one more opportunity to submit your character sheet after making changes to it, if you wish. But if you are truly interested in taking part in this roleplay, I think you would be better off creating a new character that is more than an avatar for yourself.

In the future, please be aware that it is common courtesy to link to your character's database in any "searching thread". It's a bit of a hassle for RP mods to search for it themselves, and in your specific case, it took longer to find than to read through. There is not enough information present on your database to give the impression of a well formed character as it stands, and the backstory you've given is not suitable for this sort of roleplay. The rules specify that characters have a KH specific backstory available on their page, even if it is just a slight modification of the character's existing backstory.

You will have one more opportunity to submit your character sheet after making changes to it, if you wish. But if you are truly interested in taking part in this roleplay, I think you would be better off creating a new character that is more than an avatar for yourself.

Yeah. I think it would be best if I did create a new character. Give me 2 days. Or 1 and a half. Whatever is fine with you...

@, @, It's a human version RP, Nioniosbbbb.  I don't think that there are any pony Keyblade wielders in this one, although don't quote me on it just yet.  You need to talk with the big man in this group for that.

@@MagicalStarRain, I like this guy's work.  Personally, I like the personality and the design of the Keyblade.  Although, I kinda feel that the backstory is a little...  Thin.  Or maybe that's because I practically wrote an entire prologue for my character. XD  Still pretty good.

I'll go ahead and join. Here's the character I'll be using in this role-play. 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/akari-revonoc-r3097

I'm a KH fan and I think this looks awesome! Can't wait to start!

Accepted. However, I echo what Alex said: your backstory is rather weak, so you should probably patch it up.

May i make a question? Does this mean... "ponies" are not allowed? Or perhaps anthro? Thats what you mean by "human-like"? What if they became human or their anthro version?

Ponies in any form are *not* allowed, at least as they exist on Equestria. Other anthros, such as something like a beastman, however, would be fine.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dennis-hackett-r3037

There... i took more time than usual in thinking a story that fitted him. If i am rejected then so be it... i am not the one to hold grudges. Sorry for my first bad impression. This time i'm human. I hope i did better this time... once again sorry for my first mess if it annoyed you.

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/dennis-hackett-r3037

There... i took more time than usual in thinking a story that fitted him. If i am rejected then so be it... i am not the one to hold grudges. Sorry for my first bad impression. This time i'm human. I hope i did better this time... once again sorry for my first mess if it annoyed you.

This is a very big improvement, but still not quite enough to be accepted into this particular RP. Your character is fine, and there are parts of his backstory that we like, but your grammar and prose isn't quite meeting the high level that Skyman and I are setting for this RP.

There are plenty of RP games on this forum and others that will accept you without pause, and I suggest you check them out. You learn more about writing the longer you engage in it, so if you want to improve, the best way is to keep at it.

This is a very big improvement, but still not quite enough to be accepted into this particular RP. Your character is fine, and there are parts of his backstory that we like, but your grammar and prose isn't quite meeting the high level that Skyman and I are setting for this RP.

There are plenty of RP games on this forum and others that will accept you without pause, and I suggest you check them out. You learn more about writing the longer you engage in it, so if you want to improve, the best way is to keep at it.

Yea... thanks. First:English is not my native language, i am from Greece therefore this affects somewhat my thoughts that i try to "translate" to you. I think this is a big problem that isnt easily fixed... still through my fanfic on FimFiction.net i try to do something about it. But sometimes... anyways aint gonna bother you that much i think a proofreader is needed. But i got some questions for you:

1)Since this doesnt involve ponies how come its posted on MLP forums... i mean what made you change your mind about involving them?

2)Could you give me some leads about writting in general? I got great ideas on my head but actualizing them in writting proves more difficult that it should.

Anyways... i didnt expect to actually be in the league with advanced rps but... guess i'll learn? *sigh*