Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Groups

Sky Warden

First, I'm sorry if this has been asked before. I just couldn't find the search button and looked for it. :blush:

I think it would be charming if we can easily find people with the same interest with us. Like if I like writing, it will be easy for me to find another writer, without any need of looking through the Octavia Hall for writing threads (some are made by the same ponies) and people's About Me page.

My suggestion is to make a grouping. If I'm looking for a musician, I can check the musician group. If I'm looking for a proof reader, I can check the proof reader group, etc.

I understand that giving people an ability to make groups is... annoying. I mean, they may make the same kind of groups just with a different name for the sake of being a group leader of the said group. Therefore, I suggest you guys to make official groups like : musician group, digital artist group, traditional artist group, proof reader group, martial art group, and writer group.

What I mean with group isn't a kind of discussion group. Just a list of users, with group profile (showing links to their works, info, etc), and probably rating so that people can look for a decent artist easily. People can rate the artists in that group.

With these groups, people can look for other artists easily. They can PM them to discuss about things, making private requests, etc

Will add more. I'm very forgetful. :muffins:

While I think this is "possible" , It could become VERY messy if left to it's on devices. An easier way may be for YOU to make a thread, asking for people who write,proof read, edit and so on. Then you can record the names of each person into it's appropriate sub heading in the OP. Then you can return to it later to view who does what. This would probably help others looking for the same thing you are, and it doesn't require any work on the development teams side, making it easy,accessible and understandable.

Thats how I view it atleast ^_^

My only concern with that is the post getting buried and lost. Also, in what section should I post that thing? Creative Resources? I think it's for sharing tips, requesting, asking for advices or tutorial, etc. If that does run and ponies join the art groups according to their skill set, then nopony post again, the thread will be buried, and lost. New people will face difficulties in finding the thread again. I think just that, or I have to make "Writing Discussion Thread"? But that's not what I mean. That's too general after all.

So... any idea?

My only concern with that is the post getting buried and lost. Also, in what section should I post that thing? Creative Resources? I think it's for sharing tips, requesting, asking for advices or tutorial, etc. If that does run and ponies join the art groups according to their skill set, then nopony post again, the thread will be buried, and lost. New people will face difficulties in finding the thread again. I think just that, or I have to make "Writing Discussion Thread"? But that's not what I mean. That's too general after all.

So... any idea?

Id say post it in Creative Resources yes, since your gathering a list of people willing to help on certain projects and aspects.

If your worried it will get buried, save the link and put it in your signature or "About Me" , then when you find people to add to the list you can edit your OP, and if people are looking for help, you just link the OP to them, and there you have it, simple,effective and easy way of storing names :D

Id say post it in Creative Resources yes, since your gathering a list of people willing to help on certain projects and aspects.

If your worried it will get buried, save the link and put it in your signature or "About Me" , then when you find people to add to the list you can edit your OP, and if people are looking for help, you just link the OP to them, and there you have it, simple,effective and easy way of storing names biggrin.png

The problem is, I'm not that famous. Nopony here wants to look at my About Me page or signature, seriously. :P

Maybe you guys can pin it, so that it won't be buried. That is, if you don't really want to develop a little and make a simple grouping. I understand that people are busy these days. I also don't want to sacrifice my time to add people's name on the list, and I doubt anypony else wants to. I'm just lazy and stuff.

By the way, how did you know that I suggested it to make it easier for looking for artist for projects?

post-10241-0-82040700-1354947732.jpg

The problem is, I'm not that famous. Nopony here wants to look at my About Me page or signature, seriously. tongue.png

Maybe you guys can pin it, so that it won't be buried. That is, if you don't really want to develop a little and make a simple grouping. I understand that people are busy these days. I also don't want to sacrifice my time to add people's name on the list, and I doubt anypony else wants to. I'm just lazy and stuff.

You'd have to ask Moderators to pin it if thats what you really want. But the way I see it, if you keep your eyes and ears open, you can link the list to people who seem to be wanting help. Although creating a pinned list isnt that bad, but it would need to be looked after well, incase people leave the site, you dont wanna keep their names on the list.

By the way, how did you know that I suggested it to make it easier for looking for artist for projects?

A hunch ;)