Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are there two Lunas?!

MyShiningArmor

I was under the impression that the creators at the time wanted an updated look for her to match her sister and then someone over that way came up with the idea that she was just in a weakened state after being nuked by the elements, regaining her full strength by the time she next showed up.

• Brohoof 1

A friend who reads the MLP:FiM comics told me that they address this very issue in the latest...issue of the comic.  Luna has an experience that takes her from the smaller/paler non-glowy mane version to the current version. 

I haven't bought any of the comics myself yet but perhaps someone with less-restricted internet can attempt to confirm this.  ;)

My friends noted that telling this story after the fact reminded them of the controversy over the change the Klingons went through between Star Trek: the Original Series and the rest of the franchise.  No bumpy foreheads...  BUMPY FOREHEADS

• Brohoof 2

I feel that It's a matter of her regaining Powers. As the Princesses become more powerful, they increase in size, mane development, and other aesthetic qualities. As is shown in this Leaked photo from Hasbro

post-14646-0-68224200-1366738263_thumb.jpg

Okay so I was watching Luna Eclipsed right after watching the the first two episodes of season one(I'm on a bit of a Luna kick right now.), and I noticed that there are two completely different Lunas in My Little Pony: Freindship is Magic. Why? 

Because... THAT ISN'T EVEN HER FINAL FORM

tumblr_lwkkateWjN1r8sqzho1_500.gif

NOW YOU WILL KNOW THE HORRORRRRR FREEZZZAAA-

It's physical growth. In season 1 she is just a foal after escaping herself from being Nightmare Moon. In season 2 she grows to be about Celestia's size and stays that way.

...Or it's that.  You should probably pay more attention to that one.

• Brohoof 1

Why are there two Lunas?!

There are actually EIGHT Lunas. Six of them are classified by the U.S. government as top secret. Oh wait, you didn't know that? Neither do most people. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png *X-Files music*

• Brohoof 1

I think its just growth with her being a celestial alicorn (that is to say princess of the moon) she probably grows faster then stops growing whenshe reaches full grown being that she is immortal (again this is all speculation on my part if anyone knows for sure please feel free to correct me

Spoilers for those interested in reading the comics, but read the summaries for the issues starting with issue #5, http://mlp.wikia.com/wiki/My_Little_Pony:_Friendship_is_Magic_%28comics%29  (the following issues are yet to be released, so we'll find out together as they're filled in) to learn how Luna made her transition.

Edited by VelvetDivan