Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Removal of Green Brohoof Counter in Profiles

NavelColt

75 users have voted

1. 1. What to do with the brohoofs?

• Keep it as it is.
    • Remove them entirely
    • Keep them, but remove the counter on the profile

Seems to me more people are fine with my idea than not. Because it would seem that many people knee-jerked 'no', because they thought that we'd no longer have a counter for recieved brohooves at all, which isn't the case, it's just be relocated to elsewhere on the profile that makes far more sense.

Still saying we go for this, @ :3

• Brohoof 1

I just like it for some reason ._. it shows how much well, likes you've gotten on your profile.

I just like it for some reason ._. it shows how much well, likes you've gotten on your profile.

Click the photo, then it will make sense c:

post-26063-0-34168900-1397621271_thumb.gif

.. Why can't we have both? *insert that picture*

Some people can choose to keep it, others don't. Just like people have the right to show/hide their friendlist or the last 5 people who saw their profile.

• Brohoof 1

.. Why can't we have both? *insert that picture*

Some people can choose to keep it, others don't. Just like people have the right to show/hide their friendlist or the last 5 people who saw their profile.

Technical prowess, time and effectiveness has never been our strong suit x) 'Let's just make a technical solution so that everybody wins' is an ideal, but often difficult way to go.

• Brohoof 1

Here's a way to put it:

>People brohoof things that they think are cool, funny or things that they agree with.

>Everyone want's brohoofs

>Brohoofs = Popularity 

>Therefore everyone tries to make good posts

>Therefore less shitty posts

>If you were to remove the counter no-one would give a damn about trying to get them

>Therefore more half assed shitty posts

Don't you see! The counter is practically a shitty post filter!

I don't even care anymore. Just keep the green box. Being able to customize the box color would be cool too.

Edited by Rivendare

Putting this topic, which has been bouncing to and fro across the Feedback section for months, to a rest, guys.

Soon anyway.

The capability to remove that green box is pathetically simple, come to find out. It's got its' own button in the ACP. Though I'd personally say 'Deal with it', if there was little move to keep it, because there's a distrubingly high amount of people who need their bragging fix, Lavo's going to be investigating a way to toggle the box on and off for individual users. Users who toggle it will see the green box on profiles, including their own, and people who toggle it off will see it nowhere. For users who toggle it off, Brohooves recieved are now listed down where post count is listed down by post count and the other info. It'd look far better over in the Stats tab, like I already explained in the OP, but Lavo says its' most likely not possible, so we'll deal.

So await. People who agree with me in the box's ugliness can soon relish and not having to deal with it, if all goes well :3

• Brohoof 4

• 1 month later...
(edited)

I like it, even though I have twice as many posts as brohoofs. (Well, now more than twice as many.)

lol nerd

Personally, I like displaying the number of brohoofs - just not so prominently on one's profile. I think it should be down there beside the post count, because, in my honest opinion, brohoofs count no more than posts do.

Yes, I just spitballed a post so I could call myself a nerd :V Sue me.

(That's really how I feel, though :D )

Edited by A ghostie Makusu2

I'm still getting used to Brohoofs/Likes in general. On the original forum I came from (Tech support Forum) There were no likes till recently, and it was very rarely used. I can see both Yays and Nays for it So I will take a neutral position on it.