Academic work on MLP?

Patrick Cox

Hi All!

My five year old son and I are both fans! We've seen seasons 1 and 2 numerous times on Netflix. Numerous. I think my wife is a litte jealous.

I'm PhD candidate in Childhood Studies at Rutgers where I study, well, American Childhood in Children's Media and Culture. I'm also chair of the Children and Childhood Studies area of the Mid-Atlantic Popular and American Studies Association and I'd really like to have a panel of academic papers on MLP at our next conference in beautiful Atlantic City, NJ! 

I'd be interested in work on fans, bronies, animation, kid's media...just about anything! If anypony here does any such work, that's great! If not, I bet somepony here knows somepony who does! Please let me know!

The conference is Nov 7-9 and proposal deadline is June 14. You can find more into about the conference and our complete CFP here: http://mapaca.net/

Thanks!

Interesting!

First of all, welcome to the herd! And I'm sure you will have a ton of laughs on here, I am!

What subject matter specifically are you looking to present?

I cannot promise anything myself, being in my situation and all (here one day, gone the next) lol but I am more than willing to try and provide something on the side if I can

/]img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

Thanks MilBrony!

I actually wouldn't present on this panel. As the guy organizing the area, though, I get to have some influence on what does get presented, and I like My Little Ponies so I want hear some papers about it! There's not much published about the show so it would be a unique panel and draw a crowd.

What I'm hoping to find is three other people who can each present, each discussing something about the show. But I have nothing more specific in mind than that. 

That seems like wonderful Idea to me! We would certainly need some more positive attention if you ask me :)

I would help, but I'm stuck here in Sweden right now so it would be a little hard.

I guess you could go ask about this on another section on the forum(maybe sugarcube corner or everfree forest) as this is only for welcoming threads and you're probably going to find more people that are interested somewhere. 

I wish the best of luck to you and your project :)

Hello there!

It's nice to know you are getting your son in on MLP as well! I hope he enjoys if as much as you do. :)

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you have a great time here! ;)

Welcome to the form! Thats awesome that your son got you into ponies. I wish i could get my dad into it(I have tried :c). But because of school I won't be able to help you sorry.