Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nothing.

Mlpfan185

I've already donated 40USD earlier this month, and I wish I could donate/bid for this as well. But I barely have a dollar for the rest of the month... so yeah... xD

• Brohoof 2

since it's for a good cause and I missed out on your paintings earlier... $15!!! I'll start I hope one is vinyl scratch though... I'd be super excited. can't wait to see what happens

I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point of donating money so that some guy can go to Bronycon.  It's called save up your own money and not bum off of others.  I know you made this site and I really do appreciate this, but this is YOUR goal.  YOU want to go to Bronycon , YOU make it happen.

• Brohoof 9

(edited)

I'm sorry, but I don't really see the point of donating money so that some guy can go to Bronycon.  It's called save up your own money and not bum off of others.  I know you made this site and I really do appreciate this, but this is YOUR goal.  YOU want to go to Bronycon , YOU make it happen.

My goal is to help those less fortunate than me out. My other goal is to see as many other bronies at bronycon that I can. Is there a problem with either of those goals if one has the means and want to help? Also consider we are buying art not jsut donating freely (on this thread) haha

Edited by MrMammal
  • Brohoof 1

I'll bid $30

but I'm in the UK so you may want to think about the free postage thing unless you intend to put them on a ship (the charity I help do Ebay for is being royally screwed by international postage these days since all the recent price hikes)

Do you have a portfolio or other works I could view? I think this is a great idea, but I personally wouldn't bid unless I thought the quality of work was worth it. I'm by no means an art expert but I just want to know if your other work is aesthetically pleasing to me.

Regardless though good luck and hope this does well and maybe I'll bid.

(edited)

Do you have a portfolio or other works I could view? I think this is a great idea, but I personally wouldn't bid unless I thought the quality of work was worth it. I'm by no means an art expert but I just want to know if your other work is aesthetically pleasing to me.

Regardless though good luck and hope this does well and maybe I'll bid.

He has done several works which can be found in the creative section of the forums. So far he's done Alucard, Fluttershy and has another painting in the works along with this one. Acrylic is quite finicky, you're not only battling with a paint based medium but it dries quite fast in comparison to easier paint mediums such as oil. The faster it dries, the harder it is to manipulate and mix colors on the canvas and thus he's literally fighting against time. Considering these things he's done a good job and I'm sure he has other proofs of work besides the three I linked.

Edit: I dun goofed and found his portfolio of pony paintings, I'm sure he still has more he has yet to show us, yessss frenchrarityplz.png?1

Edited by Accellerant
  • Brohoof 4

I'm just going to leave you with this.

Said by Silver Marcato

"Considering Feld0 only just yesterday turned 18, and is throwing out a couple hundred dollars a month just to keep the MLP Forums and all other sites connected to the poniverse network running, it shouldn't be much of a surprise he doesn't have $2,000 to dedicate to getting to BronyCon.

Feld0's main source of "income" is the hosting he provides for websites and Minecraft servers. Even then I think that's mostly dedicated to keeping his own servers and systems up and running. "

Said by The Amazing Zoop.

"Let's frame this in a slightly different way. Feld0 at present has about 4,678 hours logged on this forum. Of his 2,800 posts, less than 817 are in non 'serious business' areas of the forum. Nearly every moment he spends here is spent on some sort of work related activity, which is supplemented by the many, many hours that he has spent on off-site development and promotion of MLP Forums and the Poniverse in general.

I'll be pretty conservative and say that he's spent 500 hours total on site related work while not logged in on the forum.

With that number in mind, if we think about this fundraiser as Feld0's salary for the last year and change, it comes out to less than $0.40 an hour. But, then the question becomes --- what about subscriptions and ad revenue, right? Surely we profit on that?

No, we don't. All of that money goes toward server costs and other expenses.

Something else to consider: Feld0 is looking at this primarily as a business trip to further promote and spread the word about the forum and the Poniverse concept. Will there be time for happy fun times? You bet! Is that what most of his time is going to be put toward? Nope!"

Well, there is a thing called moderators that will be more than happy to help you keep the site sustained for free.  Like I said before, I am glad that he made this site for thousands of bronies to come together and chat and share our thoughts.  But I do think that he is relying on all of us as a group to cover his trip entirely, which I don't really agree with.  More moderators and a part time job would help him out greatly rather than asking the community for several thousand dollars.  Again, no offence, but this is something that he really wants to do.

• Brohoof 1

that some guy can

This guy is Feld0, and he is a friggin boss. He has created this site, tossed in countless hours making this great forum, and probably doesn't have enough money to go. If he goes to brony con and gets more member and they donate the site could still go on. I would donate, I currently have no money. 

• Brohoof 3

Well, there is a thing called moderators that will be more than happy to help you keep the site sustained for free.  Like I said before, I am glad that he made this site for thousands of bronies to come together and chat and share our thoughts.  But I do think that he is relying on all of us as a group to cover his trip entirely, which I don't really agree with.  More moderators and a part time job would help him out greatly rather than asking the community for several thousand dollars.  Again, no offence, but this is something that he really wants to do.

He's not asking that much of us.  He works really hard on this from what I've heard and seen.  Also, in case you didn't notice, this guy is doing it out of the kindness of his heart.  It's people's CHOICE to donate.  No one is making them.

• Brohoof 2

No offence, but I don't think you realize how big of a community effort websites such as this require. You're implying that the moderators here are payed when in reality evidence shows that they don't receive a single penny in their name. They are simply here based on the willingness to better the community. Even then I'm willing to bet that many staff members pitch in to help Feld0 support the site, but bandwidth costs for a website such as this can be astronomically high not to mention the security software and other goodies which prevent MLPforums from being DDOS'd like many other FiM sites I've been to. 

Even then, Feld0 has mentioned that this isn't all for fun and games, it's to promote Poniverse to the FiM fandom. In accordance to this, he even stated that if his finances were good, he'd pay whatever was left 

[...] If we fall short, what exactly happens will depend on how much has been raised by then, and the state of my personal financial situation. If enough has been raised that I can reasonably make up the rest with personal savings and still cover my tuition bills, all should still go as planned. But in the unlikely event that we can't even make it that far, the contributions to this fundraiser will be credited back to everyone somehow, probably as site subscriptions.

• Brohoof 8

After seeing your work I'm impressed with what you have done so I guess I will start the bidding off. Also what time of day do you expect to close the 'auction' because if a bidding war starts I don't think it would be fair If someone has to go to sleep or is away from the computer due to prior engagements.

Just my opinion, you can do whatever you want though it doesn't effect me in the slightest.

I (Wonderbolt_Spitfire) wish to bid in the amount of 20.00($USD).

Why are you even in this thread? If your not here to bid then why? Go away no one is forcing you to put money forth. Now I've gone and joined the thread for no reason but to speak against you. Sorry for clogging the bidding thread.

If everyone donated 5 measly dollars this fundraiser would already be done. I've already donated 10, come on people it's five bucks.

Feld0 puts in so much friggen effort into this site it's not even funny.

Anyways I'm  sorry I cannot bid on this because I'm also a soon to be college freshman with major bills of my own.sad.png

• Brohoof 2

Moderators are able to assist in keeping the site sustained in terms of moderation, not costs. Do you know how much it costs to run this forum?

I won't disclose it here, but I DO know how much it costs. For an 18 year old to have enough money to keep this forum running AND get himself to Bronycon would be a miracle. Unfortunately, there is no miracle here, only facts. Feld0 just doesn't have that kind of money yet. Thats why the fundraiser was started, to get an important piece of the Poniverse (Feld0) to Bronycon so he is able to do what he loves and to assist in making the Poniverse what he wants it to become.

Nobody is forcing you to donate, it's completely up to the individual if he/she wants to donate. Don't view this as someone mooching off of the community, he is asking for assistance, nothing more nothing less...and some people are willing to provide that.

As for us covering the whole cost, Feld0 said himself that at most he hopes to raise enough where it is realistic for him to be able to cover the remaining cost with his own money.

Moderators and a part time job would never cut it. to be able to cover this forums cost, his own living cost and any additional spending's that may occur he'd need to have finished University and be working full time, and even then, as this site and the Poniverse grows, the cost will raise, and thats where the Upkeep fund comes in.

The upkeep fund is so people are able to assist in helping to keep the forums and the other sites up and running. Its a completely voluntary donation fund, no one is being forced and if you dont donate, we would never alienate you. Its there so people who are able to donate, ARE able to assist if possible.

I understand that you aren't trying to offend, and I do see where you are coming from...just try to take a step back and look at the big picture :)

• Brohoof 11

Moderators are able to assist in keeping the site sustained in terms of moderation, not costs. Do you know how much it costs to run this forum?

I won't disclose it here, but I DO know how much it costs. For an 18 year old to have enough money to keep this forum running AND get himself to Bronycon would be a miracle. Unfortunately, there is no miracle here, only facts. Feld0 just doesn't have that kind of money yet. Thats why the fundraiser was started, to get an important piece of the Poniverse (Feld0) to Bronycon so he is able to do what he loves and to assist in making the Poniverse what he wants it to become.

Nobody is forcing you to donate, it's completely up to the individual if he/she wants to donate. Don't view this as someone mooching off of the community, he is asking for assistance, nothing more nothing less...and some people are willing to provide that.

As for us covering the whole cost, Feld0 said himself that at most he hopes to raise enough where it is realistic for him to be able to cover the remaining cost with his own money.

Moderators and a part time job would never cut it. to be able to cover this forums cost, his own living cost and any additional spending's that may occur he'd need to have finished University and be working full time, and even then, as this site and the Poniverse grows, the cost will raise, and thats where the Upkeep fund comes in.

The upkeep fund is so people are able to assist in helping to keep the forums and the other sites up and running. Its a completely voluntary donation fund, no one is being forced and if you dont donate, we would never alienate you. Its there so people who are able to donate, ARE able to assist if possible.

I understand that you aren't trying to offend, and I do see where you are coming from...just try to take a step back and look at the big picture smile.png

Thank you for that informative post.  I basically had no money when I was 18, so yeah lol  If I could pitch in, I would but I have my own debts on my end while saving up for moving to college.  All I can say is, Good luck Feld0 and I look forward to seeing pics of Bronycon.

• Brohoof 4

I, Gears of Halo Duty V (can't even type that name with a straight face), wish to bid $35.00.

Let's see how this one turns out. I missed out on your last pieces, so hopefully this time it will be different.

Will you be shipping them outside US/will you need me to pay for the shipping to Finland if I happen to win the auction? Because I'd be really interested in getting another painting of yours :P *looks at the Fluffle Puff painting with glazed eyes*

In that case, I, Jamza, wish to bid $40.00.

I'm pretty sure what the painting is going to be about, and frankly, it's awesome :3 Really looking forward to seeing the finished version.