Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your thoughts on Twilight Sparkle and The Crystal Heart Spell?

Commander_PonyShep

(edited)

So I have read the book, and while it was a short and simple story, it was still good. I liked the way that, even as alicorn princess, Twilight still had to depend on her friends, only this time for political decisions.

Though, I remember a Deviantart user named MetalFable, who thought Princess Twilight meant her friends were now useless. I disagreed with him, because Twilight is still not all-powerful or immortal, and therefore reliant on her friends as always.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

I dislike both. If MetalFable is correct then you can obviously come to the conclusion of how everything will end.
And if the series come to where everything is political, it would shackle the story line for the rest until it ends. The depth of the show would be dumbed down a considerable amount and the entertainment would be cut in half. Nonetheless it would be better than the other outcome.

The plain and simple truth is that making Twilight an alicorn was a bad idea, regardless of what comes out of it. I don't have faith in the writers to make things better. However I am not going to beat myself up about it or complain. I will watch it and decide for myself and if it crashes, then oh well. It was a good run and I'll always remember how it used to be.

Theory: What would of happened if Twilight became a princess and Celestia's successor (like Faust wanted) but didn't become an alicorn? How would people react to that? How would it affect everything else?

I like the idea of Twilight succeeding Celestia but what is the point in getting wings?

• Brohoof 1

I dislike both. If MetalFable is correct then you can obviously come to the conclusion of how everything will end.

And if the series come to where everything is political, it would shackle the story line for the rest until it ends. The depth of the show would be dumbed down a considerable amount and the entertainment would be cut in half. Nonetheless it would be better than the other outcome.

The plain and simple truth is that making Twilight an alicorn was a bad idea, regardless of what comes out of it. I don't have faith in the writers to make things better. However I am not going to beat myself up about it or complain. I will watch it and decide for myself and if it crashes, then oh well. It was a good run and I'll always remember how it used to be.

Theory: What would of happened if Twilight became a princess and Celestia's successor (like Faust wanted) but didn't become an alicorn? How would people react to that? How would it affect everything else?

I like the idea of Twilight succeeding Celestia but what is the point in getting wings?

Sethisto, head moderator of Equestria Daily, actually thought Twilight with wings was actually adorable.

And again, I disagree with metalfable, even if everything he said would be true. Twilight is NOT all powerful or immortal, even as an alicorn princess. That means that she will still have to depend on her friends, like for making decisions as a leader in CHS.

Also, metalfable still considered Twilight's friends useless because he was looking at the book in the context of a save-the-world story, when it was technically and obviously a slice-of-life story. Allies do not have to be equally strong to the main-hero to be useful; sometimes, they can also provide new ideas, moral support, or their own unique skillsets for the protagonist. For example, a mage does not have to be as physically strong as the warrior to provide magical artillery support or healing magic.

I'm very interested in this book, largely because it's the only post-MMC thing we have to go on, even if, so far as I know, it isn't canon. I'm going to try to pick it up somehow. I hear we get some of Cadence's backstory.

Sethisto, head moderator of Equestria Daily, actually thought Twilight with wings was actually adorable.

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to the conversation. His thinking they're adorable isn't more valid than my thinking they're a bit creepy.