Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord 4 season four?

Polo Hipolito

So if discord comes back for season four what would you like to see 

me id like to see him kinda be just a normal character kinda like zacora i dont know lol i just hope he is in season four.

Well, unlike some Discord fans who are so obsessed with the villainous Discord, I'd like to see him continue from where he left off, and just be a supporting character in Canterlot or Ponyville.

(edited)

I have absolutely NO doubt that Discord will appear at least ONCE in season four.

When he was released in season three, there was no reason whatsoever to have that happen in a story standpoint.  It was just something that happened.  Granted, it could've just been a side thing like many of the episodes were, but you don't make a side thing with a very large and widely known character from the series!

The thing is, what will they use him for?  That's what's got me curious. I'm taking a guess that he'll be used for something actually important.  Not just a simple thing, or it'd be a major waste of potential to a character.  Sure, it'd be nice to see him just screw around in an episode, but ultimately, I'm expecting something of importance from the guy.

Edited by Hazardus_Havard
  • Brohoof 7

I just want something to wrap him up nicely. He's too powerful to be interesting for me as a goodie so make him sacrifice himself/leave for whatever reason or become evil and be defeated for a final time.

Since they've already made him 'good', I'd rather they continued with this and make him sacrifice himself/his powers.

Granted, I'm most likely in a major minority who doesn't particularly like his character (not VA) and just wants him out ;)

• Brohoof 1

Well, DeLancie made some "suggestions" at LasPegasus Unicon.

That Discord reappears, too of course; but also that there may be a song.

A duet with Celestia and an Episode about him being bored because he thinks he's useless now would be fun.

Or an Episode where he is actually th one who saves the day. "Anti-hero" style, you know. Maybe he was not the last Draconequus and has to stop another one who appears. And that new one represents another "negative" concept/aspect.

• Brohoof 3

He'll probably be in at least one season 4 episode. Would just be weird if we didn't see him. I really hope Celestia's purpose for him will be explained. "Keep Calm and Flutter On" really left us with more questions than answers.

(edited)

It would be nice to see him again, but as his usual chaotic, troll-ish, funny ways. But at the same time being on the good side. It'd be even better if the make a whole episode on his adventures, or what it'd be like on a daily basis with Discord wink.png

Edited by Rainbow Dash Loyalty
  • Brohoof 2

It would be good for him to be reformed like Luna, but a part of me wants him to break out of his new self and be chaotic again. Chances are he won't be perfect as hinted when he said 'most of the time' and to back that up, celestia did give twilight the elements of harmony just incase (although that could be just to set up MMC). Well have to wait and see what he does. But either way, he will probably be mischievous.

Pretend that Keep Calm and Flutter On never happened and retcon it out of continuity? That's what part of me hopes for, but of course that won't happen.

Eh, I personally think that would be the worst thing to do. I don't understand why people want him to be "evil" anyway. It was established Discord would be good "most of the time".

I think it'd be best if the writers could expand on Discord and his connections with someone like Cestia. They do share a past with each other.

Eh, I personally think that would be the worst thing to do. I don't understand why people want him to be "evil" anyway. It was established Discord would be good "most of the time".

I think it'd be best if the writers could expand on Discord and his connections with someone like Cestia. They do share a past with each other.

Because in Return of Harmony he was a truly powerful threat that really pushed and screwed with the main characters, and now that aspect of his character is completely gone? 

Unless "mostly good" characters do something like screw with the minds of six ponies mostly for the lulz (remember, he could have zapped their minds like he did with Fluttershy, but manipulating them was just more fun) that part of Discord (which I *loved*) isn't there anymore.

• Annoying Celestia
  • Trolling with Luna
  • Trolling Celestia with Luna
  • Reminiscing with both Celestia and Luna about the old days, when they first encountered him and fought (flashback plz)
  • Annoying Twilight and repeatedly warning her to not become a stingy 'Fun Police Pony' like Celestia, now that Twilight is a princess, too
  • Bumming around with Fluttershy and amusing her with tricks
  • More indirect abuse of Angel
  • Creating a handsome statue of himself to replace the one he broke out of in Celestia's garden, only to take it past that, and transform her entire palace garden into various Roman-styled statues of himself
  • Singing (De Lancie hinted to this being a possibility in S4, too)
  • Troll the hell out of the next upcoming villain or returning villain

All I can think of at the moment :3 Any of the above is fully appreciated.

• Brohoof 4

You have no idea how much I want to see this guy again. It would be a mistake to not bring him back. He has so much potential as a character. Even when he was a villain, he didn't give the impression of being actually evil. No, he's simply a troll given access to God Mode. Now that he's supposedly "reformed," I'd like to see him as a prankster. In fact, I wouldn't mind an episode with him, Rainbow Dash, and Pinkie Pie pulling pranks on ponies. It would be glorious. Moreover, we might even see him as a "background draconequus," if he stays in Ponyville! 

I also want to see what use Celestia has for him. If they decide to pull the twist that Discord was merely pretending to have changed, I'd still be fine with that. Either way, Discord must come back. HE MUST.

And, I know I've said this before, but there simply has to be a Mariachi band. It would be a waste of John de Lancie without it. 

• Brohoof 1

I have one thing, and one thing alone to say in response to this topic... my avatar. That must happen. If I don't see cheese changelings I'm going to have to spam email Hasbro about such a travesty.

No, but seriously, I'm perfectly fine with Discord being a good guy, just so long as I get to see him trolling some random ponies and new bad guys. Also, a Discord song would be glorious. I'm almost certain that, were one to exist, it would rocket to the top of my favorite songs list based exclusively on the fact that Discord is in it. Discord makes everything awesome.