Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rainbow Dash Element Of Loyalty = Best Girlfriend?

Bendy

(edited)

I'd hate to categorize Rainbow Dash's personality into a box, but the fact she is the Element Of Loyalty may make her the best choice for you to have as a girlfriend.

Because being the Element of Loyalty might mean she would never ever cheat on you, especially if you were a good boyfriend/girlfriend. Not saying, the other Ponies would cheat on you, but if Rainbow Dash has her canon personality in whatever dimension of the MLP FIM universe you somehow ended up in, it's pretty much guaranteed she would be loyal to you.

Now if you were to cheat on her.... Oh may the Gods take pity on you. If you cheated on her, she would HATE YOU and probably break your jaw before she goes off to cry in secret in emotional pain for the fact you betrayed her.

On the downside if you were in a relationship with her she would probably make you do lots of exercise to keep you fit and might be a little bossy. 

And if somepony has a hatred for Humans and beats you up for the mere fact you're a Human. May the Gods take pity on the Pony who attacked you.

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 19

This thread appears to be discussing MLP:FiM in some way, shape or form. Thus, it has been sentenced to Show Discussion.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

No she is not. Diamond Tiara clearly is Best Girlfriend, She would give you all the money, I want the money, Mooooonnnnnneeeeeyyyyy.....Yeah I am a gold digger so?

• Brohoof 5

She would be great, I mean she is the most awesome pony in Equestria! I also have no doubt that she would be loyal, only problem is if she would make you do exercises. Being bossy would be fine and I guess doing exercises wouldn't be that bad. She would probably be protective, so it would be awesome just walking down the street filled with human hating ponies (if that exists in Equestria) and she would just be like "come at me bro". So I agree, she would be the best girlfriend.

rdblush2.gif?1322745622

Her reaction to this thread..

• Brohoof 8

Rainbow Dash is a very good potential girlfriend but I think that she needs to work out some very deep seated insecurities before she will be able to open up. She is afraid to show emotion for fear of seeming vulnerable or "uncool" and is afraid of showing her more feminine side for much the same reason. We do know that if you are patient and she trusts you enough though that she may open up to you but this may take a bit longer with her than with the other ponies with exception of Fluttershy. And she has shown some improvement in this as she did open up to Scootaloo in Sleepless In Ponyville. Once you had gained enough of her trust to open up though she would be loyal and possibly a bit protective and somewhat possessive, I could easily see her as being the jealous type.

Whether Rainbow Dash would be the best girlfriend or not depends on both opinion and compatibility. Someone might be a good girlfriend but might not be right for you and this can be the case even with Rainbow Dash. I could see a relationship between me and Rainbow Dash working as we our similarities to each other are as profound as our differences, so in a way we might actually balance each other out. Her dating me would be almost like dating a human male version of Applejack I say almost of course because I have almost as much in common with Twilight Sparkle as I do with Applejack.

I think that Rainbow Dash is definitely a good candidate for being a great girlfriend. So, giving her a chance is definitely worth it.

20859.png

Nothing more to say. laugh.png

At the end of the day, loyalty is still only one element of a person, though. It -is- a key factor for a relationship, but Dash's attitude, personality, haughtiness, and, well, just about everything else about her could be the exact contrary to a 'perfect' girlfriend, for some people. It all depends on their preferences. So, no, I wouldn't call her the best or perfect girlfriend. The most that can be said for certain is, that Dash's core element, Loyalty, is an important part of any relationship.

That said, all of them kind of are...loyalty is just the no-brainer of the group smile.png You want a girlfriend that isn't kind? Or that isn't honest? Doesn't have any sense of humor? Isn't generous? The Elements are all ideals that all individuals should reflect, in and out of relationships.

• Brohoof 5

I'd love to have Rainbow Dash as my girlfriend. I've had a crush on her for a while now, and I think she'd definitely be a great girlfriend. Not only is she loyal, but I think she'd be a lot of fun to be with too. She's always exciting, and every time hanging out with her would probably be a great time. She is also a very sensitive pony deep down, and seems to build walls over her true self that are impenetrable. I think if we got really close, she'd let those walls down and express her soft side with me. This may sound kind of strange, but I've always wanted to see Rainbow Dash truly cry. Since she's always acting tough, it's pretty much impossible to see her express herself that way, and I think it'd be really sweet to see that. Oh yeah, I think she'd also be a great girlfriend because she's ALWAYS there for those whom she cares about. I think she'd always be there for me, like I'd always be there for her. I'd treat her well biggrin.png

• Brohoof 2

I'd love to have Rainbow Dash as my girlfriend. I've had a crush on her for a while now, and I think she'd definitely be a great girlfriend. Not only is she loyal, but I think she'd be a lot of fun to be with too. She's always exciting, and every time hanging out with her would probably be a great time. She is also a very sensitive pony deep down, and seems to build walls over her true self that are impenetrable. I think if we got really close, she'd let those walls down and express her soft side with me. This may sound kind of strange, but I've always wanted to see Rainbow Dash truly cry. Since she's always acting tough, it's pretty much impossible to see her express herself that way, and I think it'd be really sweet to see that. Oh yeah, I think she'd also be a great girlfriend because she's ALWAYS there for those whom she cares about. I think she'd always be there for me, like I'd always be there for her. I'd treat her well img-1607932-1-biggrin.png

Holy crap you took the words right out of my mouth. Everything you said is exactly how I feel about Dashie.

Dash's attitude, personality, haughtiness, and, well, just about everything else could be the exact contrary to a 'perfect' girlfriend

Well all Dashie has to do is maybe cut back a bit on the attitude and she will be perfect :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh, I never said it would be perfect. Realistically, fights do break out in relationships.

I really, really, do love the mane six though. I'd say all of them would be loyal to you relationship wise. 

Edited by Rush
  • Brohoof 1

Well yeah, especially seeing how very few people are loyal in relationships this day, and not to mention you will never meet someone as cool as RainbowDash img-1607328-1-img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png  she is both best pony and best waifu

Well, I think considering the kind of morality the ponies of Equestria live by, I think it's pretty safe to say that just about everypony is loyal to their special somepony. As far as Rainbow Dash is concerned, Everything in the OP is more or less true. Given that her defining trait is loyalty, we can be fairly certain that she would be fiercely loyal to her special somepony. Whether or not that would lead to a stable relationship is another matter. No cheating definitely gives reassurance, but there's a lot of other factors to consider. EarthbendingProdigy brought up a good point about Dashie's emotional barricade and putting on a tough façade in front of others so that she wouldn't appear uncool in front of them, but if you manage to press all the right buttons and become close to her, she'll reveal a soft side to her that I can't help but find really cute >.>

Rainbow Dash/Loyalty does not make the best girlfriend, rather the Mane Six do.

You: ???

The best girlfriend embodies all the elements. She is indeed loyal, but also kind, generous, honest, funny, and at times simply magical. wink.png

• Brohoof 2

but if you manage to press all the right buttons and become close to her, she'll reveal a soft side to her that I can't help but find really cute >.>

True, but as to what buttons those are what is the right time to push them is a bit difficult to determine. You will have to befriend her first but that is the case with quite a few potential mates before they are willing to take the next step. The question also is since it is likely for her to be the jealous type is how best avoid or minimize this in the relationship a little jealousy is normal but too much and you got problems.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

True, but as to what buttons those are what is the right time to push them is a bit difficult to determine. You will have to befriend her first but that is the case with quite a few potential mates before they are willing to take the next step. The question also is since it is likely for her to be the jealous type is how best avoid or minimize this in the relationship a little jealousy is normal but too much and you got problems.

That's pretty much true for any of the mane six. In fact it's true for just about anyone irl for that matter. It's a matter of getting to know her first before taking any further steps. And yeah, she would be the jealous type given her nature to seek acknowledgement from others, which may be what encouraged her to be the best flier in Equestria. Should she feel like she's not getting as much attention as others, that could be an issue. That being said, tho, I don't see her going full on yandere, if you know what I mean. I can totally see Fluttershy going there tho tongue.png

Edited by Freedan
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I think considering the kind of morality the ponies of Equestria live by, I think it's pretty safe to say that just about everypony is loyal to their special somepony. As far as Rainbow Dash is concerned, Everything in the OP is more or less true. Given that her defining trait is loyalty, we can be fairly certain that she would be fiercely loyal to her special somepony. Whether or not that would lead to a stable relationship is another matter. No cheating definitely gives reassurance, but there's a lot of other factors to consider. EarthbendingProdigy brought up a good point about Dashie's emotional barricade and putting on a tough façade in front of others so that she wouldn't appear uncool in front of them, but if you manage to press all the right buttons and become close to her, she'll reveal a soft side to her that I can't help but find really cute >.>

That's my point, who doesn't like TsunDere's, they act cold and emotionless on the outside but when they start opening up to you it feels all the more rewarding laugh.png  And the only oother problem with her is the fact that if the opertunity to join the wonderbolts came and she had to choose between them and a relationship i think it's safe to say she would choose the wonderbolts, it is her life dream after all.

• Brohoof 2

Loyalty is an important factor, but I can't catagorize Dash as being the perfect, or best girlfriend. Don't get me wrong, I think she would make a good GF, (I even said she was the most attractive is the "Most Attractive Pony?" thread.) but she has alot of flaws like everyone. She can be egotistical and such, but that doesn't mean she will be a bad GF either, just not the best one.

(edited)

That's my point, who doesn't like TsunDere's, they act cold and emotionless on the outside but when they start opening up to you it feels all the more rewarding img-1608484-1-laugh.png  And the only oother problem with her is the fact that if the opertunity to join the wonderbolts came and she had to choose between them and a relationship i think it's safe to say she would choose the wonderbolts, it is her life dream after all.

Just because she joined The Wonderbolts doesn't mean she would just leave you. You won't see her as much, but to go as far as leaving someone she loves for that? Unlikely.

Edited by Rush

That's my point, who doesn't like TsunDere's, they act cold and emotionless on the outside but when they start opening up to you it feels all the more rewarding img-1608484-1-laugh.png  And the only oother problem with her is the fact that if the opertunity to join the wonderbolts came and she had to choose between them and a relationship i think it's safe to say she would choose the wonderbolts, it is her life dream after all.

Why not both? It's not like her career option to join the wonderbolts would ever interfere with her potential romantic life in any way. The only thing that might entail is for her and her special somepony to move to Canterlot, and that seems rather simple in the world of Equestria compared to moving to a different city irl.

You might be thinking about the choice between her friends and the shadowbolts back in ep 2. If it had been the wonderbolts instead, I doubt her decision to decline their offer would've changed and she would've still chosen her friends. To me, this shows that if she had to choose either between friends or wonderbolts, she'd choose her friends. Let alone somepony she loves. IMHO.

• Brohoof 1

You know, I think you may be correct. Rainbow Dash's loyalty has no boundaries and she would always stay by your side. First, of course, you'd have to win her heart, and that may take a while, and once you do, it has to be an actual romantic relationship that she is willing to make work and understands so that she would not be bossy.

Once you've achieved that, she'd be a great girlfriend. img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png

• Brohoof 1

As I watch and re watch episodes one thing I have noticed is that the mane 6 all have traces of each of the elements of harmony in them, I think they are a particular element not because they don't have the others but because the particular element they are the bearer of is the one that is the strongest in them which makes them all great choices for potential girlfriends. For me though I think the best choice based on my personal preferences would probably be either Applejack or Twilight Sparkle who seem very different from each other and are but I believe have a lot more in common than many people realize.

Loyalty is a very good trait to have in a partner, but its not the only thing to consider, and some people look for different things in relationships. Some people may not like Dash's arrogance and how self centered she is, or lack of femininity, or any number of things that arent part of the whole thing about loyalty. You cant just look at a single part of a personality and judge entirely on that, you need to look at them in total