Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Girls accentuated my fears for Season Four

Commander_PonyShep

I know I've complained about it already, too many more times than I can count.  But still, I have too much steam to vent out, and I just want to vent it anyway.

You know why I feel Equestria Girls accentuated my fears for Season Four?  Because the movie had her enter the mirror alone and resort to cheap rip-offs of her friends who aren't even her friends, thus implying that Season Four will have Twilight deliberately abandon her friends and do everything on her own with her god-like alicorn powers, just like Goku did when he threw away his friends from the first Dragon Ball for anyone who's a saiyan, like Vegeta.

I believe in companions actually catching up with the hero and working together with him, because if you're going to give the hero companions, make them motherbucking USEFUL!!!  Otherwise, if they're dead weight who are given unique powers but don't do anything useful with them, then all you're doing is pissing off your audience who might want to see the hero accept help from friends, rather than do everything alone, which I feel makes the hero lonely.  After all, the show's subtitle is Friendship is Magic for a reason; even with alicorn wings, Twilight will still have to rely on the combined powers of her friends to overcome difficult odds.  And unfortunately in Equestria Girls, she deliberately FAILED in that regard, and instead used five girls who are not her friends, despite looking like, acting like, and sharing the same names as her friends.

Eventually, however, Season Four will deliberately abandon its own core essence by turning Twilight into the Mary Sue she was portrayed as in Equestria Girls (yes, I said it), while her friends gain less and less significance until they might as well not even exist.  Soon, Hasbro and DHX will put themselves into a corner by their own products and writing, respectively, and MLP will cease to exist, because it went from promoting friendship to promoting individualism and loneliness.

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

img-1635577-1-Phoenix_Sweating_1.gif

Except, you know, Goku's friends were still very important, at least until the Buu saga(Tien and Piccolo in the android saga particular come to mind)

For like the gajillionth time, EQG is supposed to be non-canon, a spin-off. Meaning, it could've happened, it could fit in the canon, but at the same time could  be easily ignored, just like the DBZ movies or the Pokemon movies, or DBGT

And it's fine if you dislike McCarthy's writing style, there's still other writers that could still have the same style we're used to in season 1 and 2

I swear, there's just no pleasing you is there?

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 5

EQG is a Spin-off. Are thou saying that Ash from Pokemon, due to having at least 15 spin-offs, and always saving the world on his own, is a gary sue? Twilight is not a Mary Sue. Just look at her at the library scene in EQG with Cheerilee and the CMC. She was humiliated. What about the time when she freaked out over Smarty Pants? Just because she's a princess doesn't make her a Mary Sue. 

Also, we were worrying over S2. We got Luna, Discord, and a bunch of other stuff. We worried about S3. We got Trixie, Discord, and another badass member of the CMC.

• Brohoof 9

Wat...

EQG has as much canon relevance as you want it to have.  If you want to ignore it, then ignore it.   The humans in the movie btw were technically her friends, but in a different dimension.  Just because she entered the mirror alone doesn't mean she's going to do everything alone from now on.  There is no real reason to worry about this, as it was just one "non-canon" instance.

EQG is a Spin-off. Are thou saying that Ash from Pokemon, due to having at least 15 spin-offs, and always saving the world on his own, is a gary sue? Twilight is not a Mary Sue. Just look at her at the library scene in EQG with Cheerilee and the CMC. She was humiliated. What about the time when she freaked out over Smarty Pants? Just because she's a princess doesn't make her a Mary Sue. 

Also, we were worrying over S2. We got Luna, Discord, and a bunch of other stuff. We worried about S3. We got Trixie, Discord, and another badass member of the CMC.

Then why weren't her friends there to defend her when she was embarrassed by videos of herself adjusting to being a human?  Yes, I'm perfectly aware that she was defended by her friends' human-counterparts, and not her real friends themselves.  But really, they're cheap rip-offs who will never be up-to-par with the original Pony Five

You have got to be actually kidding me. As Shift said, Equestria Girls a spinoff. Whatever happens in a spinoff does not at all affect the plot of the main series. Did the plot of, say, Sonic and the Black Knight affect the plot of Sonic Colors up to Sonic Lost World? No, because it's a SPINOFF. It's not directly related to the main thing, man! Therefore Equestria Girls most likely will NOT affect MLP:FiM. Chill yer butt.

You have got to be actually kidding me. As Shift said, Equestria Girls a spinoff. Whatever happens in a spinoff does not at all affect the plot of the main series. Did the plot of, say, Sonic and the Black Knight affect the plot of Sonic Colors up to Sonic Lost World? No, because it's a SPINOFF. It's not directly related to the main thing, man! Therefore Equestria Girls most likely will NOT affect MLP:FiM. Chill yer butt.

How is Equestria Girls even a spin-off?  To me, it feels more like a one-hour movie than an actual spin-off.

So what you're also saying is that I can just declare this non-canon and just wait for MLP Season Four?

How is Equestria Girls even a spin-off?  To me, it feels more like a one-hour movie than an actual spin-off.

So what you're also saying is that I can just declare this non-canon and just wait for MLP Season Four?

Yes, I am saying that. And yes, it is a one-hour movie. A one-hour movie spinoff! Everyone considers it a spinoff, dude. I have yet to see the actual film, but from a simple search through Google of "Is Equestria Girls a spinoff," every single one of the results, believe it or not, calls Equestria Girls a spinoff.

But most importantly, as I ALREADY said, it has barely anything to do with the series, and that is the one factor that tells whether something is a spinoff or not.

• Brohoof 1

@@Commander_PonyShep,

Correction: One hour movie that IS a spin-off. Do you even know the definition of a Spin-off?

You have been making threads like this for a while now, plus, you get the same responses every time. You're out of ammo. 

• Brohoof 1

Twilight's one of my favorite characters so I'm praying she doesn't become a Mary Sue. That would just suck. Also, Twilight's problems were interesting. She had to use the power of friendship with 5 people she has technically never met. Sure they look like, and act like her friends. But they are from another world. They are not her friends. Twilight may have thought of them as her friends in human form, but they aren't. She may look at them as her best friends, but I don't think they would look at her the same. She's a weird new kid who claims to be a pony princess, with a talking dog. Weird!

(edited)

For like the gajillionth time, EQG is supposed to be non-canon, a spin-off. Meaning, it could've happened, it could fit in the canon, but at the same time could  be easily ignored, just like the DBZ movies or the Pokemon movies, or DBGT

And it's fine if you dislike McCarthy's writing style, there's still other writers that could still have the same style we're used to in season 1 and 2

This. Like he said, Equestria Girls IS NOT canon.

Also, she went in alone because Celestia told her not to. Why do you think that means she's going to abandon her friends and just God-Mode herself? She also probably did it with her alternate friends, because, I dunno, they seem like something familiar in a place that was completely foreign to her? Hell, without her alternate friends, she probably wouldn't have gotten very far at all. So they're not useluss.

And don't call them the Mane 5. Just don't. Please?

P.S; You woke me from my Forum Hibernation.

You never wake me from my Forum Hibernation. >: (

Edited by Sketchi Inktip Quillwing

Well, it is a spin-off and Hasbro has directly said that it won't affect season 4, as others have said.

Anyways, her friends wouldn't be useless, from my experience.

For one, would you watch a story with just one character? I certainly wouldn't.

For two, she couldn't have accomplished whatever it is she did without them. (Still waiting for a substantial time when I'm home alone to see it)

Here's a good example; Take Commander Shepard, hero of the Mass Effect series. Although a majority of the decisions were up to him, he could have never even gotten close to defeating the Reapers without his friends and crew.

post-10951-0-13385600-1373460157_thumb.jpg

Sorry for fanboying out there.

Meghan Mcharthy once tweeted that THE ENTIRE MOVIE IS A SPINOFF!

Seriously, all you do is complain about how the movie will kill FiM and how Twilight will abandon her friends, outright GOING AGAINST THE PRINCIPLES OF THE SHOW and saying your logic is flawed is like saying VY Canis Majoris is a little bigger than the sun. You didn't even do your research!

So next time you decide to, pardon my language, mods, shitpost your whole "WAH WAH EQG WILL RUIN FiM" again, save yourself the trouble and leave right now. You wouldn't have to worry about the shipwreck you so fear will happen.

• Brohoof 1

Sorry to try to correct you but, the movie is a spinoff. Which we all know that it is, basically the movie is not related to the upcoming Season Four of the show. The movie won't ruin the show if, they are both differently associated with one another. If the show is not related to the movie besides the name, then technically it isn't connected to the movie. Sorry, but your wrong.

(edited)

You know why I feel Equestria Girls accentuated my fears for Season Four?  Because the movie had her enter the mirror alone and resort to cheap rip-offs of her friends who aren't even her friends, thus implying that Season Four will have Twilight deliberately abandon her friends and do everything on her own with her god-like alicorn powers

it went from promoting friendship to promoting individualism and loneliness.

A) Equestria Girls implies literally nothing about the fourth season of MLP.

B) Individualism isn't exactly a horrible thing to promote.

C) ...Where exactly is loneliness promoted at all in anything MLP-related?

Edited by Xanatos

Equestria Girls had the exact opposite effect on me, it eased a great deal of my fears and tipped the scales enough to change me from opposing twilicorn to being neutral. I still have some lingering concerns but since Equestria Girls turned out far better than I anticipated I will reserve any further judgment until I see season 4 for myself.

• Brohoof 1

mlfw7567-tumblr_m8rf1eEzb41r84295o1_500.

Ok, I gotta vent.  Ponyshep, are you really still hung up over this?  Seriously chill out!  Everything's going to be just fine!

If Twilight was really such a 'Mary Sue', then she wouldn't have needed help from the 'Human 5' in the first place.  Yes, I know it's not really the 'Pony 5', but it doesn't have to be.  The characters were still the same.  The mannerisms were still the same.  They WERE the same!  It is still the same 5 friends, acting the same way they always do in an entirely new setting.  Do NOT overthink that!  For the 70 minute movie, it was fine just to have Twilight crossing over to fix what had become a broken friendship between the five human counterparts.  Plus, if EqG is really supposed to be a spinoff separate from FiM, then it's important to keep the two worlds apart as much as possible.  So just have Twilight and Spike cross over once, and that's that.

However to address the main point here, the fact that the Twilight was "abandoning" her friends throughout all of this or they may feel left out...

mlfw9091-29529__safe_twilight-sparkle_an

If you had been paying attention for the past 3 seasons, you should know that Twilight can't do much of anything without her friends, and it is her love of her friends that ultimately lifts her and her magic to a whole new level.  How did Twilight get out of her depressed state in 'Return to Harmony' or 'Magical Mystery Cure'?  By remembering how much she loves her friends.  And when she became a freaking princess, who were the first ponies she thanked?  Not Celestia.  Not her family.  The first ponies she thanked were her friends.  She knows she wouldn't be where she is in her life without them.  Everything that has happened to her, overcoming all those enemies, dealing with any sort of everyday crisis that pops up, and of course becoming a princess, are all thanks to her friends.  There was no way Twilight could have done everything on her own.  She needed Applejack.  She needed Rainbow Dash.  She needed Pinkie Pie.  She needed Fluttershy.  She needed Rarity.  And she needed Spike too.  She needed ALL her friends, and she needs them now more than ever as she takes on the responsibilities of being a princess.  Twilight's friends won't ever be cast aside because without them, Twilight would still be that asocial recluse unicorn from the very first episode.  

There's no way Twilight would ever abandon her friends.  I mean seriously, LOOK AT THEM!!!

Twilight_friends_S1E02.png

A_big_group_hug_S1E23.png

Pinkie_Pie_group_hug_S1E25.png

Rainbow_Dash_missing_element_animation_e

Main_6_coronation_group_hug_S03E13.png

You really think that after ALL that, that things would change after Equestria Girls?  Would the 'pony 5' REALLY be mad at Twilight for reuniting their human counterparts?  Hell, they would be depressed knowing that they hated each other over there at first.  And even IF there was a bit of jealousy involved with all of this, I think its safe to say that Twilight would be forgiven.  After all...

Remastered_Main_Six_Photograph_Opening.p

...no matter what form it takes...

Equestria_Girls_main_cast_cheering_down-

...the magic of friendship never changes.

Oh yeah one last note, the name of the show is My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic!  I think it's important to keep THAT in mind.

• Brohoof 6

I'm not normally this blunt but I think this is nonsense. For one thing this is a movie that was separate from the series and all indications thus far is that it wont affect the main series. Heck we have confirmation that Flash Sentry wont be in season four. Really Equestria Girls seems like the DBZ movies are in relation to the show. Non canon movies made so they can fit in continuity with the show but don't ever effect the show and are not cannon. In other words just fun side stories. In this case a pin off movie with potential for a spin off series.

Her friends were useful in the film. One of the main themes of the film was coming together to accomplish your goals as well as to embrace and except our differences. Without her friends in the other world she never would have made it back with or without the crown. Your problem that they weren't her friends from Equestria seems completely superfluous seeing as in every other aspect they are her friends. They have the same personality, habits, color schemes, names, voices, and even the same relationship to the elements. They may not be her friends from Equestria in experience, but in essence the are. They are Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, just from another world. If anything this seemed to be kind of a revisit of the first episode thematically. Heck her friends seemed to be just as useful as they were in any other two-parter. If you consider them useless here I find it odd you consider them useful anywhere else. Not to mention the entire ending theme and lesson of the movie was that the magic of friendship exists everywhere not just in Equestria, but everywhere. Twilight's greatest strength is recognizing the strength of unity not strength in herself.

You used the "mary sue" word. So what definition out the various vague definitions are you using to define that word? Really what we see of her in the film seems to go against the traditional meaning of the word. The first thing Twilight does upon finding her new form is flip out. She demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the world and of an aspect of the element she wields. She fumbles around said world and makes a fool of herself. Twilight loses to Rainbow Dash really badly in a challenge. She has doubts about herself, whether her friends will accept her true nature. Twilight actually has to earn the respect and trust of the human mane 5. Most importantly Twilight relies on her friends, working together with them to help win the crown and win in the end. If Twilight were a Mary Sue she wouldn't have needed her friends for much, would have been mostly calm and cool, wouldn't need to do anything to earn respect or admiration, would have little to no doubts, and at the very least performed adequately against Rainbow Dash. 

You seem to always jump to the worst conclusion first constantly worrying about the show for one reason or another. To the point that you were trying to bring up problems with the movie before you had actually watched it fully. If you spend all your time worrying your not going to enjoy the show at all. You are going to have an extreme negative confirmation bias. Heck it seems this post may very well be a symptom of it as I seem to recall you posting things of a similar nature after Magical Mystery Cure. You seem so caught up in worrying that you've missed the themes of the film.

• Brohoof 3

I'm not normally this blunt but I think this is nonsense. For one thing this is a movie that was separate from the series and all indications thus far is that it wont affect the main series. Heck we have confirmation that Flash Sentry wont be in season four. Really Equestria Girls seems like the DBZ movies are in relation to the show. Non canon movies made so they can fit in continuity with the show but don't ever effect the show and are not cannon. In other words just fun side stories. In this case a pin off movie with potential for a spin off series.

Her friends were useful in the film. One of the main themes of the film was coming together to accomplish your goals as well as to embrace and except our differences. Without her friends in the other world she never would have made it back with or without the crown. Your problem that they weren't her friends from Equestria seems completely superfluous seeing as in every other aspect they are her friends. They have the same personality, habits, color schemes, names, voices, and even the same relationship to the elements. They may not be her friends from Equestria in experience, but in essence the are. They are Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, just from another world. If anything this seemed to be kind of a revisit of the first episode thematically. Heck her friends seemed to be just as useful as they were in any other two-parter. If you consider them useless here I find it odd you consider them useful anywhere else. Not to mention the entire ending theme and lesson of the movie was that the magic of friendship exists everywhere not just in Equestria, but everywhere. Twilight's greatest strength is recognizing the strength of unity not strength in herself.

You used the "mary sue" word. So what definition out the various vague definitions are you using to define that word? Really what we see of her in the film seems to go against the traditional meaning of the word. The first thing Twilight does upon finding her new form is flip out. She demonstrates a lack of knowledge of the world and of an aspect of the element she wields. She fumbles around said world and makes a fool of herself. Twilight loses to Rainbow Dash really badly in a challenge. She has doubts about herself, whether her friends will accept her true nature. Twilight actually has to earn the respect and trust of the human mane 5. Most importantly Twilight relies on her friends, working together with them to help win the crown and win in the end. If Twilight were a Mary Sue she wouldn't have needed her friends for much, would have been mostly calm and cool, wouldn't need to do anything to earn respect or admiration, would have little to no doubts, and at the very least performed adequately against Rainbow Dash. 

You seem to always jump to the worst conclusion first constantly worrying about the show for one reason or another. To the point that you were trying to bring up problems with the movie before you had actually watched it fully. If you spend all your time worrying your not going to enjoy the show at all. You are going to have an extreme negative confirmation bias. Heck it seems this post may very well be a symptom of it as I seem to recall you posting things of a similar nature after Magical Mystery Cure. You seem so caught up in worrying that you've missed the themes of the film.

I'm not saying that the Human Five aren't useful.  All I'm saying is that I wished that Twilight's friends were to enter with her, while their human counterparts are pretty much nonexistent.  That way, all six girls play their parts, rather than one of them plus five cheap knock-offs of them in humanized form.

If anything, I might as well say that Twilight's friends were more useful in Crystal Heart Spell than they were in Equestria Girls.  In that book, the girls were helping Twilight Sparkle figure out the qualities of a true leader, namely by offering her advice on how to lead Equestria.  Twilight didn't resort to alternate-universe imitations of her friends, but rather the real deals!

I'm not saying that the Human Five aren't useful.  All I'm saying is that I wished that Twilight's friends were to enter with her, while their human counterparts are pretty much nonexistent.  That way, all six girls play their parts, rather than one of them plus five cheap knock-offs of them in humanized form.

If anything, I might as well say that Twilight's friends were more useful in Crystal Heart Spell than they were in Equestria Girls.  In that book, the girls were helping Twilight Sparkle figure out the qualities of a true leader, namely by offering her advice on how to lead Equestria.  Twilight didn't resort to alternate-universe imitations of her friends, but rather the real deals!

The real deals?  Seriously?  Ugh, why are you still arguing this?  Is it really THAT big a deal that only Twilight went?  Is Equestria REALLY gonna collapse because the other five couldn't join her?  Is it really so horrible that Twilight made five new friends... oh wait, I'm sorry, they weren't really "new friends" since TWILIGHT ALREADY MET THEM BEFORE!!!!  

First of all, you can't call the human counterparts "cheap knockoffs" at all because they're the exact same characters!!!  As hard as it may seem to understand, you can have two separate versions of the same characters in two different worlds.  Besides, if we are establishing Canterlot High School for future stories, then we NEED to see the human versions of the Mane 6.  The ponies won't get mad at Twilight for helping their human counterparts.  

Second, the story was perfect for the movie as it already is.  Sunset Shimmer broke the 'Human 5' apart and Twilight got them back together.  They all rediscover the magic of friendship and they ultimately save the day.  For the purpose of this story, we only needed Twilight to make the jump.  Having everyone else join her would have not only 'disrupt the balance between the two worlds' but it would have also made the movie way more messy and complicated to follow, leaving too many loose ends that needed to be tidied up.  Most importantly, it also would have taken away from the message of the movie, that friendship never changes no matter what form it takes.  Ponies.  Humans.  It doesn't matter.  Friendship is still magic.  And that magic is EVERYWHERE!!!  That's the point to the movie.

I cant believe you're still hung up about this.  Why is so hard for you to see another side of an issue, or admit that your vision for Equestria Girls was not what Hasbro or DHX had in mind.  Truth be told, there's a trillion ways this story could have been told: The Mane 6 all cross over and get separated and have to find each other again; One of the other five crosses over on accident instead of Twilight; a human crosses over the other way; a monster crosses over into the human world; the list goes on and on forever!  But for the purposes of what Hasbro wanted and the message DHX wanted to get across.  The story we got from EqG was perfectly fine.  Honestly, stop complaining about everything and enjoy the show.

Don't worry that Twilight's friends didn't join her through the mirror, it would have made the movie too complicated if they did.  Besides, all six of them know how important they all really are to each other.  For crying out loud, their friendship survived Nightmare Moon, Discord, Chrysalis, Sombra, and each other (on multiple occasions)!  If you were worried about any jealousy from Twilight's going solo through the mirror, I know they all can survive that too.  

• Brohoof 5

Come on, this was a mlp movie with a pretty cool idea of the mane 6 having an adventure in human form. That's it. And, for practical writing purposes, they just said the humanized mane 5 are from that parallel universe instead of having the originals cross over the portal (but they're basically the same, they aren't "cheap knockoffs"). It was a nice movie, I liked it.

I'm sorry, but you're seriously overthinking and overreacting about this. Again, like everyone else is saying, this is a spinoff; it's not canon, and you can simply ignore it if you don't like it.

(edited)

Here's a comic that sums up my feelings entirely.

Notice how the two Pinkie Pies are playing tug-of-war with Twilight as the rope.  Pony Pinkie and Human Pinkie are both jealous of each other for having Twilight.  And, because there is no human Twilight in Canterlot High School, that means the Twilight the two Pinkies are fighting each other over is the only Twilight Human Pinkie and her friends have.  And, if any time she leaves, their lives will be as broken as their pony-counterparts when they watched their own friend and leader cross over into the human world and replace them with their five human counterparts, who will never, ever be up-to-par with their ponified selves!

Edited by Commander_PonyShep

I know I've complained about it already, too many more times than I can count.  But still, I have too much steam to vent out, and I just want to vent it anyway.

You know why I feel Equestria Girls accentuated my fears for Season Four?  Because the movie had her enter the mirror alone and resort to cheap rip-offs of her friends who aren't even her friends, thus implying that Season Four will have Twilight deliberately abandon her friends and do everything on her own with her god-like alicorn powers, just like Goku did when he threw away his friends from the first Dragon Ball for anyone who's a saiyan, like Vegeta.

I believe in companions actually catching up with the hero and working together with him, because if you're going to give the hero companions, make them motherbucking USEFUL!!!  Otherwise, if they're dead weight who are given unique powers but don't do anything useful with them, then all you're doing is pissing off your audience who might want to see the hero accept help from friends, rather than do everything alone, which I feel makes the hero lonely.  After all, the show's subtitle is Friendship is Magic for a reason; even with alicorn wings, Twilight will still have to rely on the combined powers of her friends to overcome difficult odds.  And unfortunately in Equestria Girls, she deliberately FAILED in that regard, and instead used five girls who are not her friends, despite looking like, acting like, and sharing the same names as her friends.

Eventually, however, Season Four will deliberately abandon its own core essence by turning Twilight into the Mary Sue she was portrayed as in Equestria Girls (yes, I said it), while her friends gain less and less significance until they might as well not even exist.  Soon, Hasbro and DHX will put themselves into a corner by their own products and writing, respectively, and MLP will cease to exist, because it went from promoting friendship to promoting individualism and loneliness.

Dude... I don't even know where to begin... mlp-rrofl.png

Okay, first off, Equestria Girls isn't necessarily canon. It was a spin-off.

Secondly, the other world was like a parallel dimension, where there could be the same exact people who act exactly the same. Man, haven't you seen Sliders? mlp-pconcern.png

Now about the Twilight Princess thing... L9WqHHQ.png

Just because she's a princess won't change anything. It changes up the show. And change is a good thing.

Why are people so afraid of change? mlp-dplotting.png

Here's a comic that sums up my feelings entirely.

Notice how the two Pinkie Pies are playing tug-of-war with Twilight as the rope.  Pony Pinkie and Human Pinkie are both jealous of each other for having Twilight.  And, because there is no human Twilight in Canterlot High School, that means the Twilight the two Pinkies are fighting each other over is the only Twilight Human Pinkie and her friends have.  And, if any time she leaves, their lives will be as broken as their pony-counterparts when they watched their own friend and leader cross over into the human world and replace them with their five human counterparts, who will never, ever be up-to-par with their ponified selves!

179550__safe_rainbow%2Bdash_animated_lau

WOW!  That's just so wrong, I don't know where to begin.  First of all if you saw the movie (which now I'm convinced you HAVEN'T), you would have known that Pinkie insinuates that there IS a human Twilight Sparkle around who has a dog named Spike somewhere.  She just hasn't transferred to Canterlot High yet.  

Secondly, that comic was a joke!  Nothing more!  In the movie, the girls know that Twilight doesn't belong in the human world and she and Spike needed to go home, which they did without any sort of drama whatsoever.  The comic was just a silly idea that wasn't meant to be taken seriously.  Leave it at that and move on.      

Thirdly, the human counterparts are not inferior to their pony-selves.  They ARE their pony selves, only as humans.  And at any rate, do you think either set of friends would be mad at Twilight for anything she had to do in the movie?  If your answer is still yes, them you might want to rewatch the show & the movie since you've obviously missed the whole point of both.

Most importntly, like pjsforever pointed out, Equestria Girls is a separate cannon from Friendship is Magic.  It won't affect season 4 at all.  If you really have concerns about EqG replacing everypony, just ignore it and continue watching FiM like nothing ever happened.  Seriously, if you want to create this much fuss about it, just ignore it!  Honestly, complaining about EqG like what you've been doing is desperate, especially if you resort to what's essentially a weak, petty argument.