Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A couple questions about Fallout: Equestria (SPOILERS)

tm2dragon

JUST finished reading this epic story, and while I certainty loved every moment of it, the last few chapters left me slightly underwhelmed, and with a few questions!  Hopefully, someone here could point me in the right direction of some answers?  Warning, I'll try to be vague, but I may let loose a few details from the fic for anyone to understand my questions!

It seems to me that the author lost a LOT of steam during the end run of the story, introducing multiple characters without having any time to explore them (what the heck is Lion and Mouse's story?  How did they meet and bond?  They came out of nowhere!).  Also, we never discovered the final fate of one of the Mane Six, OR the identities of two ponies needed to run the Gardens.  Velvet and Homage seemed to be going to look for them.......then we got a timeskip and no real answers.  How was our "tree" rehabilitated?  I feel that such prime unexplored questions would be RIPE for someone to dive into.  Does the author have any plans on every going back and doing so, or have any other authors attempted to address these or other unanswered questions?  I'm aware that there are dozens of fanfics OF this fanfic, but they all seem to follow totally different stories, utilizing the world that was built, but not focusing on the story of the main fic at all.

Secondly, I'm now listening to the audio book!  It appears to stop after chapter 22, and doesn't seem to have been updated in months.  Does the actor putting out the audio books plan on releasing more, and if not, has anypony else taken up the mantle DJ Pon3 style?  Thanks for any help you folks can offer!

• Brohoof 1

The questions you have will never be answered unless you read some side fics. Some of the side fics try to explain what happened but many fail to have the same magic as FO:E has. Though one I suggest you to read is Project Horizons, it's one of the best FO:E side fics out there and certainly one worth to read.

(edited)

I felt the exact same way when I came across the final chapters. I've read the fic 2 times and I'm also listening to an audio book.

By the way, the audio book on Youtube posted by Scorch238 goes to 25 chapters and hasn't been updated in a long time, so I'm going to assume you meant that one. There are other people who have read the whole story for their audio book, so you might want to look them up.

I don't know if Kkat "ran out of steam", or just kind of skipped some details to not overstay the fic's welcome, seeing as it's already pretty long.

(Also whee 200 posts)

Edited by PinkiePai

The questions you have will never be answered unless you read some side fics. Some of the side fics try to explain what happened but many fail to have the same magic as FO:E has. Though one I suggest you to read is Project Horizons, it's one of the best FO:E side fics out there and certainly one worth to read.

Can you point me too any that answer any of the following questions:  Whatever DID happen to Rainbow?  How were the last two elements found, and who did they belong to?  What misadventures did Homage and Velvet get up to when they set off traveling together at the end?  How did the Enclave finally fall?  What happened to Xenith at the end of the story?  Finally, what role did Wonderbolts play after being freed?  Felt these things should probably have been covered in the main fic, but were cut for time or something. ^_^;

Can you point me too any that answer any of the following questions:  Whatever DID happen to Rainbow?  How were the last two elements found, and who did they belong to?  What misadventures did Homage and Velvet get up to when they set off traveling together at the end?  How did the Enclave finally fall?  What happened to Xenith at the end of the story?  Finally, what role did Wonderbolts play after being freed?  Felt these things should probably have been covered in the main fic, but were cut for time or something. ^_^;

Well, there really isn't anything that can answer your questions because the answers don't exist, it's up to you to make up the answers yourself. Though you can ask the original author to get the most accurate one. I suggest you read Project Horizons to get more insight but I can't say anything without spoiling some parts.

Sorry for being so vague, just trying to avoid all the spoilers >.<

Any suggestions on who I should look to for a good, COMPLETE audiobook reading?

Well, there really isn't anything that can answer your questions because the answers don't exist, it's up to you to make up the answers yourself. Though you can ask the original author to get the most accurate one. I suggest you read Project Horizons to get more insight but I can't say anything without spoiling some parts.

Sorry for being so vague, just trying to avoid all the spoilers >.<

I understand completely, and THANK YOU!  I'm kinda of a stickler for remaining unspoiled. :P   As for "Project Horizons", was it ever completed, and if not, is it even still updating?  The last post for it on EQD was well over a year ago, and there are few things more painful than an unfinished book!

Any suggestions on who I should look to for a good, COMPLETE audiobook reading?

I understand completely, and THANK YOU!  I'm kinda of a stickler for remaining unspoiled. :P   As for "Project Horizons", was it ever completed, and if not, is it even still updating?  The last post for it on EQD was well over a year ago, and there are few things more painful than an unfinished book!

It's not completed and as far as I know the editor of this hub (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1D6PJA5lrE0OzzS-ZC2kbf-4piyyuUdF-zniVqUs79uM/edit?pli=1# ) passed ownership to Somber, the writer of Project Horizons.  

It hasn't been updated in a while and I doubt if there is ever going to be a part 58 or not. But at least there's a whole lot to read about.

If you want more answers I guess the wiki can help you out quite a bit too, just don't forget that it contains spoilers.

http://falloutequestria.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout:_Equestria_Wiki

Fallout Equestria was heavily based on the TV show Babylon 5, and uses a very similar writing style. So, in true B5 fashion, it ends with a boatload of unresolved plot threads and questions with no answers. The point of this is to create an air of mystery about the world. If the reader is still pondering the secrets of the storyline even after the credits have rolled, then you know the story has staying power.

Another reason is to encourage derivative work that expands on these questions. Kkat wants sidefics that explore who the other two elements are, what happened to Rainbow Dash, where the other statuettes are, all that stuff.

However, a few of your questions were answered by the story. Lion was one of Luna's guards before the war (hence the batwings), and Mouse was the Canterlot Dragon that Pip and the crew shrank. "Tree" was healed by Xenith and her zebra magic, and the Enclave fell because they lost the cloud cover and all of their power over their citizenry.

Kkat has also presented a headcanon concerning Rainbow Dash, but by her own admission, it isn't actually canon.

Finally, Scorch's audiobook cuts out at chapter 25, but CrazedRambling did all the book. Here it is.