Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Important message regarding spam attacks!

~Master~ Button Mash

http://www.everypony.com/forums/showthread.php?7494-Coloholics-Private-Message-spam

Remember that person yesterday who tried tricking people into playing his Java game with a Trojan in it? Well, that same outfit is also likely responsible for a new spam scam (hey that rhyms XD).

But seriously. While Equestria Forums, another site I frequent, was not targeted by Rainbow Crasher, they were targeted by this Coloholics trap. The fact that this occurred so close to the other attack makes me think they are linked.

SO LISTEN UP:

If you receive a PM from an unfamiliar member, and they have a link to share, don't click it. Same for any threads that pop up that look suspicious. Also always check for the real URL to a link before clicking it, as it might be a fake title.

They might be back here again trying this, so stay frosty everyone.

• Brohoof 8

I guess not every spammer goes for the prince of Nigeria angle or the one about making your penis bigger with a magic pill. It is a good rule to follow in general not to click a link from someone you don't know regardless of where it came from.

http://www.everypony.com/forums/showthread.php?7494-Coloholics-Private-Message-spam

Remember that person yesterday who tried tricking people into playing his Java game with a Trojan in it? Well, that same outfit is also likely responsible for a new spam scam (hey that rhyms XD).

But seriously. While Equestria Forums, another site I frequent, was not targeted by Rainbow Crasher, they were targeted by this Coloholics trap. The fact that this occurred so close to the other attack makes me think they are linked.

SO LISTEN UP:

If you receive a PM from an unfamiliar member, and they have a link to share, don't click it. Same for any threads that pop up that look suspicious. Also always check for the real URL to a link before clicking it, as it might be a fake title.

They might be back here again trying this, so stay frosty everyone.

Thanks for telling us this. I would have never known and might have gotten another virus which would have cost money to get off. Thanks. :)

Thanks for the heads up ABC. There's a lot of weird shit going on at the moment-our email got hacked a couple of days ago-sent itself to everyone on my addy list.

I wish nothing but venereal diseases on the sons of bitches responsible.

Thanks for the news.

I hate when people do that when their trying to infect other people's computers with a virus.

I always check at every new site to see if their safe or not.

Any who thanks again!

• Brohoof 1

How do we know this is not a spam attack right now o.O...i'm kidding thanks for the information and update on it just gotta stay aware

(edited)

Thanks for the announcement! I'll keep this in mind from now on so I don't fall victim to this threat. I had trojans before, I surely don't need any now. It does make me sad however that somewhere in the world some low life scum is actually trying to infect other people's computers with viruses.

Edited by SmartyPants

Hey,

Thanks for reporting this to us, however we've already been plagued by Coloholics before. :(

Well over a year ago I wrote an add-on for the community which would read private messages and automatically ban anyone it thought was from coloholics due to the amount of spam they kept sending to our members. :)

• Brohoof 2