Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Jeric

Troblems

This is some truly rotten news, I've been staring at my screen wide eyed and just stunned, my sincerest condolences to the family and friends as well, No doubt this is a loss that will be felt deeply by many.
I owe Jeric a unique debt of gratitude as one of the most influential people in my life, Funny and kind but also stern enough where needed, Jeric has been an inspiration, a guide and a good friend, I wouldn't be who I am without them.

It was a privilege to have met Jeric in person at Bronycon 2019 among many other wonderful forum members and I will continue to cherish the memories made there.

Damn it all. I'm gonna miss you Jer. may you rest in peace.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

I did not know Jeric very well beyond being a major fixture here on the forums, but I’m deeply shocked and saddened by what happened. God bless you, Jeric and your family. You will be missed but I’m glad you’re in a better place now.

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

I did not know Jeric. But what I did know was that he was definitely someone to look up to. To me, he was the face of the forums, he was everywhere, probably the most interactive of the staff. I also interacted with his wife Jessi a couple of times who helped me with my psychology assignments back in my High School years. 

This is a great loss to the forums, his family and all those he touched. May he rest in piece, having accomplished a lot in life~

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

I didn't know her too well personally but I had many interactions with her here. I didn't always agree with decisions she made but she definitely cared about this place. Hard to believe she's gone now and at a young age, and from something terrible..... Rest well friend. 

• Brohoof 4
  • Hugs 1

Now that I have had time to think about Jeric, I'll give a more proper reply here. Jeric was an admin on this site for many years, way before I joined. He was a totem pole of leadership, in those days. While him and I disagreed with each other on a lot of things, I'll never forget the one time that he said that he was proud of me. I had a brief voice chat with him over Discord, one time. I wish I had gotten more of a chance for interaction. If what is said here is actually true, then I find myself in the position of facing someone that I once knew being gone forever, and that is something that is surreal to me that I don't know what to do with. 

I wanted to believe he was infallible, I wanted to believe he could lead us all to a greater future. Sadly, everyone is mortal. Everyone is flawed and we'll all pass into the next life one day. So this is a lesson. If you have something you want to say to someone, better do it sooner than later. There is no going back. There are no second chances with this.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

Jeric was an awesome person and excellent community administrator, I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I was shocked to hear this news, so it took me awhile to fully take it in. I've been on these forums since 2018, and I've known Jeric for awhile, though not personally. He's given much to these forums, and I admired him for his contribution and his excellent performance as administrator.

• Brohoof 5
  • Hugs 1

I would like to extent my gratitude to @Sparklefan1234 for providing our community with a banner in memory of our longtime admin and friend @Jeric

Today I am in a bit better shape so let me share few words. I don't know where Jeric is now, but I sincerely hope she's at peace. I hope she sees us all here happy and active, keeping the spirit of this community alive. I did not agree with Jeric on literally everything, but she was always a friend of mine and will be missed. She listened to me even when what I had to say was not in line with what she thought and I will never forget that. 

Let's all strive to continue making this community into beautiful place of love, friendship and joy just like Jeric would've wanted us to. 

What we witness now is heartbreaking. But there's no better way to honor a person like Jeric than by spreading smiles and generocity around... 

• Brohoof 8
  • Hugs 1

Given how wonderful Jeric was, take a moment for moments of loss like this.  Do some kindness.  Open that door for someone,  smile at some person who maybe seems, like the world ignores them, and if someone is short a few bucks,  help them out.  Do those acts of kindness, and spread it, even beyond a name or a person.  Hell,  save a bug in your house!  And maybe when you do, remember this person,  smile on the good and bad times,  and take a moment to breathe. 

• Brohoof 6
  • Hugs 1

Jeric was honestly always sorta the face of the forums to me, she just came off as a truly kind and patient person who really put in so much love towards both the site and the people around it. Finding out she passed, and so suddenly, was and still is a very surreal experience to comprehend. I just really wish I would have spoken to her more and gotten to personally know her better while I had the chance. I have nothing but love and sympathy towards her close friends and family and I hope the grieving process is as gentle and kind as it can possibly be. As for Jeric herself, I hope she is at peace. 

• Brohoof 5
  • Hugs 1

I... wow. I'm sorry to hear about this. I echo everyone else's statements, and I send my condolences to Jeric's loved ones.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

I don't even know where to begin.

During my first year as a fan of the show, I came to this site out of pure curiosity; I never had delved into such a fandom before, and felt lost in a sea of posts, comments and other errata.  It was exceedingly intimidating, and I felt as though it was all far too much for me to process.

Enter Jeric.

This was someone who not only reached out to me, but took me by the hoof and led me into the wild and woolly world of Bronydom; he got me involved in a number of chats, and always seemed to have time for me - whether it was a serious question, a light suggestion or even just general tomfoolery... and I was NEVER told that I was being too much, something that still worries me to this day.  Jeric always seemed to find everything I PM'ed important enough to respond to, and he & I became fast friends... so much so that the lil' booger actually got me to volunteer for staff, which I did for a few years.

THAT was where I got to see the sorts of things Jeric stood for, when it came to the fandom; he championed what was RIGHT, as opposed to what was easy - and that position wasn't always seen in the best light by others there, but he continued UNAFRAID, which I always found inspiring during my time on staff, and helped me find my own truth as to what I would and wouldn't tolerate.  Through the bravery and determination of this particular soul, I found my own courage to take the stands that I needed to and involve myself where I was needed in turn.

During that time, Jeric actually managed to change my mind about Rarity, a character I once found insufferable... but now, has become one of my favorite of the Mane Six, due mostly to Jeric's observations about her pure generosity... and fabulousness, of course.  He brought me to a new respect for the alabaster mare... and I could see that self-same generosity within that individual as well.  Maybe that's why I changed my mind - Jeric and Rarty were so very similar in nature.

During my time on staff, there was a Christmas where I was unable to give them any sort of Christmas Dinner - we were so poor, all I had was a can of green beans and a can of cranberry sauce.  Then, just as I was starting to cry over it, a knock comes at my door - and it turns out to be a delivery from Kroger's: A full four-course meal, including tea and dessert.  This had come from three people on staff - the ringleader being Jeric.  That Christmas was a MIRACLE to my family, and I will never forget that direct and sterling example of generosity.

For my 40th birthday, I nearly cashed in my own chips; my family was stuck in a ghetto hotel, my kids had barely remembered enough to draw me some quick pictures and my wife was exhausted from her constant work schedule.  It felt like nobody even CARED I existed, and I was in one of the darkest moments in my life.  Before I chose to try to end myself, at the very last moment, I reached out to Jeric... and even without me saying so, it was like he KNEW where I was mentally, and he proceeded to stay up WAY past his bedtime to talk to me, comfort me and help me get my head back on straight.  If it hadn't been for his care and huge heart, I wouldn't be here today.

Admittedly, I've been absent from here for a bit - such things happen, though my love for the fandom still stands (again, mostly thanks to Jeric).  When I heard the news, it crushed me.  Out of EVERYONE I'd met in this fandom, his influence and heart was what exemplified the words friendship is magic to me, and it will always be a warm, fuzzy thought in my heart to know that I was blessed enough to have met, known and experienced such an individual... and I will be eternally grateful that I was deemed good enough to have been worthy of Jeric sharing his presence with me.

I only got to meet him once - The Last BronyCon.  And even though we didn't get to spend a lot of time together, the memory that I actually got to hug him and thank him profusely for being who he was will always sit with me as a highlight of my life.  And seeing him dressed as The Great And Powerful Trixie was an absolute hoot, bringing a smile to my face whenever I saw the outfit.

Jeric, we didn't deserve such a fine and wonderful person as you in our lives... but again, that trademark generosity kept you from holding back, as you always wanted to share your heart with the world.  I will carry your words in my head, your laughter in my soul and your love for everyone in my heart.

Excelsior, my dear friend.  Here so briefly, gone so soon, yet leaving a trail of love, warmth and courage that will fuel those you reached out to for the rest of our lives.

"And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make."

If that old Beatles line is true, then the amount of love Jeric takes with him is immeasurable by humankind.  Goodbye, my dear, sweet friend... and thank you.

>boop<

• Brohoof 8
  • Hugs 1

(edited)

Wow, how unexpected and saddening… the forums would not be where they are today without Jeric’s effort. I admired how s(he) was always so dedicated to making sure everything was running smoothly even while busy dealing with so much in real life. And, that Cozy Glow cosplay will go down in history as one of MLPF’s best :,)

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 5
  • Hugs 1

Wow. At first i though this was in regards to Jeric stepping away. I had no idea how much of a turn for the worst things took. Looks like stepping away from running the forums was a good call in the end, if only for the lessening of a burden it brought. I was wondering how we were gonna move on without Jeric, a pillar of our community? But I also thought, y'know, this is just a vacation. Everypony comes back sooner or later. After a long vacation, Jeric can come back and enjoy this site again as a fan. Now, we've got the difficult task of truly moving on, grieving and healing. Truly carrying on this legacy that Jeric helped build. 

I apologize if I sound more pragmatic. I've had a miserable few days of even simple things not going right, cascading into near disasters and only scraping by on the skin of my teeth, all in what was supposed to be a rare weekend of me getting to be an outgoing, functional adult. So after hitting a breaking point for me and needing to be given more objective but still loving advice to give me perspective, I guess I was a bit more prepared to handle this than most. 

Objective but loving advice. That's what I really needed after a weekend of screw ups. Sounds like that's what Jeric offered in spades. They were the type of person to give that kind of advice. Whether it was encouragement or constructive criticism, Jeric told you what you needed to hear. After they were willing to listen of course. That's a person of character. That's what makes a good, no, great admin. That's what makes a forum dedicated to a kids show worth coming back to every day for nearly a decade. Jeric led by example. And I like to think, just like the show that brought us here, Jeric taught us all some valuable lessons. 

I only met Jeric and I believe it was @Troblems during the meet up I suggested for the final BronyCon. My socially awkward self shutting down a bit and just focusing on my meal, not at all acting like my online self. But Jeric was cool. Jeric was patient with me. Jeric did a lot of the leg work for that meet up. Jeric brought us together for the costume fashion show, something that I normally don't go to, but since it was Jeric who was involved, I was up for it. Granted, Jeric and their fabulous Trixie outfit forgot to register and I was gonna hold them to that fashion show! But I guess I'll consider that debt forgiven. After that they got us all together to go on a chick-fill-a run, head back to the lobby of the Lord Baltimore, hijack a lobby and watch both The Perfect Pear and Ponies The Anthology. That was one of the few times I felt like I was actually honoring the spirit of the show. That I was among friends. From these forums. 

I will forever cherish that memory. And Jeric played a big part in that. 

So rest in power my friend. You've earned it. It's not a matter of may your legacy live on. It will live on. Everypony here has been giving something invaluable by you. All of you. Carry that with you onward. From this day to the next. If you're gonna honor Jeric's memory, that's a good way to start. Be the element, the faithful student, that magic Jeric knew we could all be.

We hope you'll be as proud of us as we are of you. 

Thank you, @Jeric 

MLPF1.thumb.jpg.a10932ea49ab8bf233381d3dda88b28a.jpg

@Samurai Equine "Sad to say, I mostly found out about Jeric from the silly, not-at-all-serious game of Blame Jeric for Everything."

;) You're welcome. 

• Brohoof 6
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Denim&amp;Venöm said:

@Samurai Equine "Sad to say, I mostly found out about Jeric from the silly, not-at-all-serious game of Blame Jeric for Everything."

;) You're welcome. 

No, you. :ButtercupLaugh: I just hope my comment was somewhat charming or uplifting, even if just a little.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

This took me off guard. Jeric was always so helpful to me when I first joined the forums back in 2015, being so welcoming and encouraging, praising my forum banners, and taking part in silly jokes. This is such devastating news. So many people's lives were made happier because of Jeric. I can't imagine this fandom without such a caring and supportive person. Rest well, friend.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

I had known of Jeric for a while... I believe we were staff members together, once long ago... but I never really knew Jeric personally... and now I never will have the opportunity to do so. But clearly, Jeric has touched the lives of many here...

A fellow staff-member, a fellow Rarity fan, and undeniably a central pillar of the MLP Fourms community... Jeric, you will be missed more than you can know; more than words can express.

My deepest sympathy goes to Jeric's family, and I hope they will have some solace in knowing that our MLP Forums family grieves as well.

Farewell, Jeric.

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1

I didn't know Jeric personally, but my heart goes out to her family and friends. This news is truly heartbreaking, She will always be remembered for her amazing contribution to the forums <3

• Brohoof 3
  • Hugs 1