Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Jeric

Troblems

While currently she’s still alive, Jeric is not going to make it. She had a stroke this morning. She’s in a surgical care unit while organ donees get to hospital. There’s a small group of us in contact with her wife, getting updates where we can. Both Jeric’s son and daughter are with her, as well as her wife and other assorted family. 

Jeric has affected me more than I could ever hope to express. I know many of you feel the same. While many of the old guard are no longer staff, know that we all still care. 

My DMs on Discord are open if you want to reach out. (petite.crow) Jeric’s Discord account is now in the hands of his wife, so I ask that nobody to bother her. She’s already going through enough. 

Being here right now is honestly too painful. I won’t be checking this thread. I again ask to reach out to me via Discord and not Jeric’s account.

Thanks all.

• Brohoof 3
  • Sad 2

This is absolutely awful news. Though I regrettably can't say I knew Jeric on a personal level, I always recognized Jeric as an incredible contributor to this site. She will be greatly missed, I wish only the best for her family during this terrible time. 

• Brohoof 3

My heart goes out to Jeric, Jeric’s family and friends during this time. 

Thank you for letting us know Troblems. We’re here for you. *hugs*

• Brohoof 3

Heartbreaking, she really did a lot to turn the site around and make it a much more enjoyable experience. My heart goes out to her family 

• Brohoof 3

Terrible news. :( My condolences to her family and friends. While I may not have known her quite as well as some others did, I know her contributions to the community were very significant, and the interactions we had were good. She won't be forgotten!

• Brohoof 3

14 hours ago, Troblems said:

While currently she’s still alive, Jeric is not going to make it. She had a stroke this morning. She’s in a surgical care unit while organ donees get to hospital. There’s a small group of us in contact with her wife, getting updates where we can. Both Jeric’s son and daughter are with her, as well as her wife and other assorted family. 

Jeric has affected me more than I could ever hope to express. I know many of you feel the same. While many of the old guard are no longer staff, know that we all still care. 

My DMs on Discord are open if you want to reach out. (petite.crow) Jeric’s Discord account is now in the hands of his wife, so I ask that nobody to bother her. She’s already going through enough. 

Being here right now is honestly too painful. I won’t be checking this thread. I again ask to reach out to me via Discord and not Jeric’s account.

Thanks all.

wow... this really hurts to read and process. If you can, let Jeric know that I'm grateful for everything they have done for me over the years even if the past few years I've been on and off. Without them, I wouldn't be where I am today in a way.

• Brohoof 4

Just giving the update; she has officially passed. My heart is shattered and I just can barely cope atm; can only imagine what the family is feeling.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

• Brohoof 2
  • Sad 1

I don't even know how to react to this. Is this real... 

I mean, I know it is, but... it's so sudden... 

I'm sorry... I feel shattered by it. I just saw Jeric on BABScon this year. Now she's gone...

She'll be missed... 

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, Ashen Pathfinder said:

Just giving the update; she has officially passed. My heart is shattered and I just can barely cope atm; can only imagine what the family is feeling.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

:-( Rest well, Jeric

• Brohoof 3

Jeric was a figure of high importance for many years and to think that Jeric has just passed away, if it is really true...is something I cannot comprehend. 

• Brohoof 3

This has really caught me off guard.

I've only had the pleasure of speaking to Jeric a couple of times here and there on the forums briefly in the past. Sort of staring at this message box trying to think of the words to say at the moment. It doesn't feel right just to read and move on without at least posting something here. Only thing that really comes to mind is something that I've always personally believed when I've lost a friend or acquiantance like this. Although people die, the love and friendship that we carry for them and that they carried with them during their time, that never dies. It's their piece of immortality and through that, they never really leave us. Just think of them and they're right there with you again.

No matter what, Jeric will always be here with us.

That's what I believe anyway. I'm not really articulate with my words right now. But I'm hoping I've managed to do some sort of right by this post.

• Brohoof 3

I'm disappointed in myself for not at least coming back earlier, I could of at least said farewell to them before they passed.

I'm sending my condolences to their family and closest friends.

• Brohoof 3

I don't think we ever interacted, but it is still sad to lose such a valued member of the forum.  I send my deepest and most sincere condolences.

• Brohoof 4

I can't hide that I am utterly devastated with this news. Jeric was someone whom I remember from my earliest days in this community, and was a continuous source of inspiration and positivity throughout my years here both on and off the mod team. I don't think it's an exaggeration for me to say that MLPF would not be what it is today without all the love, time and effort he put into it. I'm so glad I had the opportunity to meet him in person a few years ago, and I hope that his memory can be carried on far into the future by the lives he touched and inspired.

I'll miss you dearly, Jeric. I hope you and Jessi are together again at peace.

Until we meet again.

• Brohoof 4

I'm not going to lie, this is very difficult to read and process. Jeric's clearly touched this entire community, but I am glad to say she wasn't just a fellow staffer or mentor for me, but a dear friend. I will probably have more to say than this, but for now, I pray that Jeric's wife, children, and loved ones - including all of her friends here - are getting the love and emotional support that they need.

Rest in peace, my friend. You were one in ten million, and I pray that you and Jess have been reunited.

A song, for those who may need some uplifting right now

• Brohoof 5