Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Regarding Jeric

Troblems

This is horrible news to hear. I wasn't close to Jeric, but hearing the news about her passing has also caught me off-guard and saddened me. I'm finding it difficult to type because I'm at a complete loss of words at how sudden the news was.

Rest in peace Jeric.

• Brohoof 3

I regret even more missing the most recent BABSCon. I could have made cucumber sandwiches for you again, as I did last time by your request.

Goodby friend. 

• Brohoof 3

rest in peace Jeric. You lived up to your element

Spoiler

large.jpg

and you also left us a silly cosplay to remember you by :P 

since the last one was a bit sad, here's a cute rarity picture for you, pony friend :rarity:

large.jpg

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'm honestly speechless. I've met Jeric twice back in Bronycon and BABScon and she was such a kind, inspiring and wholesome person. It just doesn't feel real and yet I feel really saddened by the news. My sincerest condolences go out to Jeric's wife, children, friends and loved ones. 

Rest In Peace, Jeric. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I’m sorry to hear this and it breaks my heart that one of us has left. Rest in Peace and may your family remain both healthy and safe. I’ll tell Bright Mac, Pear Butter, and all else lost to welcome Jeric and keep them safe. Rest in peace…

Edited by 14Fan
  • Brohoof 3

I’m also struggling to find the right words. My interactions with Jeric were mostly in the Rarity Fan club. She was incredibly kind like Fluttershy and had the generosity that could rival our lovely Rarity. You will never be forgotten Jeric. Thank you for everything you’ve done and for helping build this wonderful community. 

My heart goes out to all of Jeric’s family and friends during this time.

• Brohoof 4

The world lost a fantastic person, today.

Jeric was the reason I came back from my initial leave in 2015 to help behind the scenes and with writing events, the reason many people stayed as long as they did. He had an energy to him that no one could match, and it was contagious. His interest at the time in helping run events and growing social bonding on this site was inspiring. You were even luckier if you, like me and some of the others in this thread, were able to spend time with him in person. He had the charisma of a leader, the wisdom of a seasoned elder, and a wide-eyed love for the world that I usually only see in children. He was also extremely patient and wise, so much so that I saw him as a father figure for much of the past few years. He was so, so good at poking flaws in my thinking when and how it would most help me grow as a person and I've never had something quite like that with someone that close to me. I don't think I was ever able to out-argue him in anything, and not once did they ever start or end from a place of negativity. I will miss it terribly.

This guts me, but I do hope that in light of this tragedy some old connections may find rekindling. All of us felt Jeric's presence to some degree, and it was a warm, tireless presence for years. I'm already seeing faces in here I've not seen in ages, and that touches my heart a lot.

My friend loved Star Wars, so here's my best attempt at providing something of theme for this modest digital memorial.

HD-wallpaper-lego-star-wars-rest-in-peac

• Brohoof 10

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Trying to look for the positive, I know Jeric is free of pain and is probably with Jessi right now. :lookup:

With Jessi?

• Brohoof 2

i've never met her in person, though she'd often say half jokingly and half serious how she'd come for a holiday to greece and we'd meet then, reminiscing the time she did as a youngling, in the end, it was not to be, but tonight there's a light keeping vigil here in her stead. may you live forever in our memories you beautiful soul, you died as you lived, making life around you brighter, that light will be missed

• Brohoof 3

I'm at a loss for words. She did so much for this community and was just such a wonderful person in general.

My sincere condolences to her family. May you rest in peace, Jeric.

• Brohoof 3

Oh man.. I just learned about this  through @Dynamo Pad. Jeric and I had our drama in the past (admittedly it was all my fault), but she was also the one who helped me get unbanned. I really wish I could have gotten to know her better. Rest in Peace.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Man... This came out of nowhere... I can't believe this. :( 

It was a pleasure to work with him, I don't know what to say. e-cocosad.png

Edited by Rikifive
typo ;-;
  • Brohoof 3

I wish I had known Jeric a bit more personally.

Sad to say, I mostly found out about Jeric from the silly, not-at-all-serious game of Blame Jeric for Everything. So the most I knew was that Jeric at least had a good sense of humor at her own expense. If I had any interactions with her, I don't remember them, but I want to believe they were positive. So as I join the rest of you to say goodbye, I feel I am also saying goodbye to the potential friendship we could've had. My condolences to the family; I hope they find the strength to carry on in due time.

RIP Jeric.
🌹

• Brohoof 3

Sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately I never had the chance to interact with them but they sound like a great person to be around. I did enjoy reading their occasional posts here and there whenever I ran across them.

5 hours ago, Batbrony said:

Jeric's clearly touched this entire community

I've come to the same thoughts as well reading how hurt everyone's been because of this sudden loss.

Keep their energy and spirit going. I'm sure they would love nothing more than to know a community like this is kept as a safe and fun place for anyone!

• Brohoof 3

I can't say I knew Jeric personally that well. Unlike quite a few of us here, I never met him in person. And despite working together as staff, my interactions with him there were pretty limited as well. Through the little interaction we did have, I gained a lot of respect for him, and I'd be hard-pressed to name someone who's done more for this forum and this community. My prayers go out to his friends and family.

Rest in peace, Jeric.

• Brohoof 5

Oh no… I just found out about this on accident via a Twitter post.

Jeez… I haven’t even been using the forums lately, so this is a terrible way to come back. But I feel compelled to offer my condolences.

I didn’t talk to @Jeric a lot over the years, but he was always very pleasant when we did chat and the effect he had on the community is incalculable. I’m sorry for everyone that’s really feeling the hurt of this loss and will pray for healing and comfort for them.

• Brohoof 5

…oh, My God…oh, my God. :(

I just found out about Jeric's passing through Pathfinder.

I'm…completely stunned. There are no words to describe how shocked I am of the news.

I remember meeting her at BronyCon in 2019 after communicating with her aplenty online, including here and Discord. She was an outstanding individual. Her Trixie cosplay was absolutely great.

I remember her amazing eulogy for her wife, Jessi, after she passed. Hopefully, Jeric and Jessi are together again.

Condolences to her current wife, son, daughter, her friends, and rest of her family.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

My entire body just froze when I was told what happened. Jeric was actually my mentor of sorts who helped me out when I joined the staff.

To think that I'll never get to see the cosplay that Jeric and I talked about months ago.

I found out through Equestria Daily about three minutes ago via Dark Qiviut.

Edited by Ganondorf8
Fixed a bit.
  • Brohoof 3

I heard in passing that Jeric has had high blood pressure in the past, but I never expected it to take their life so quickly...  I am truthfully just at a loss for what to say. I recall back in my welcoming post how welcoming she was, and how much she and the old guard had helped me through my time as a Staffer. I turned out to be a bit of a dud, frankly speaking; I was quite a foolish child back then in spite of how impressive I tried to appear, but I do truly appreciate Jeric's help and kindness throughout that era all the same. Though their effect on me was limited, and I have known a few people that disagreed with Jeric on many things, her affect on this Forum cannot be overstated, and through thick and thin, they did what they could to keep this place alive and kicking.

Wherever they may be, I hope Jeric finds peace and happiness in the end.

• Brohoof 4