Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2 questions - this message (below) and adverts?

Lupus

I got this message that said I could not reply to it

"Your group promotion given during your last donation has expired. You have now be demoted to a different user group. Thank you for supporting this forum."

What does it mean?

Also, I am seeing adverts of the top of the screen and a message telling me to register to not see them, and of course I am registered. I use wifi in pubs and cafes and adverts screw with the bandwidth so I chose not to let them display, but they are displaying

Confused

Lupus

For the first question, I believe it is referring to the fact that you have lost your donor status, so you don't have the benefits related to having donated to the site. I know you've donated atleast once due to your element of generosity rank thing.

As for the adverts idk, if you want to make sure adds don't show you can go to your profile and turn them off, but I personally like to support the site and keep them on.

I believe that what the [demoting] implies is that your rank [element of generosity], will be taken off, since the period of time it was granted for your use has ended/expired. It simply means that your rank will change to the indicated one, depending on the amount of posts you have made.

However, for the second question, I cannot help you with that.

Thanks. I guess I didn't realise there WERE benefits that i have now lost.

I had my settings in my profile set to ads off, and I haven't changed that. I don't know if someone else did? I have tried to find how to actually alter it, but so far it has defeated me

Regards

Lupus

I agree with @Zygen's answer to your first question.

As for your second question: are you sure you were logged in when you saw that message?

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

This is closing in on a month of being open. The problem should have been solved by now, so Im gonna go ahead and lock this up. If you are the OP and are continuing to have the same problems, please PM myself or one of the other Support staff for help.

For now, this is locked.

• Brohoof 1