Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Human references in MLP

Klick-Klack

Perhaps this topic has been discussed many times, and sorry if thats the case ;( but anyhoo, I was just pondering about this topic because in the episode where pinky is investigating the party being constructed behind her back in season 1, pinkie wears a detective moustache that features a model human nose. :D

Plus, when pinkie babysits Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake, there's a small doodle hanging above the cot displaying what appears to be a humanoid figure, kind of like a gingerbread man. Does anyone else feel that humans might be mythological creatures of some sorts in the MLP world? :o

(These are more direct references, not indirect ones such as house design, the english language etc etc)

• Brohoof 1

The one that immediately comes to mind is the use of Sherlock Holmes' hat in MMMystery on the Friendship Express, when Pinkie Pie feels in a detective mood. Have they been reading/watching Sherlock? Where would they find out how to correctly don a deerstalker and bowler hat? :)

Another one is Twilight's dress in Suited For Success, pointed out to me by a friend. There's a centaur on it. A centaur is half horse, half human - so they must know what a human looks like.

It would make sense to have human elements to give it familiarity for when you watch it, and i cant believe you didnt metion lyra sitting

Even though the fanon is that Lyra loves humans, her sitting position could just be any old sitting position. It's kinda like this comic:

423299_206062926161339_100002728992044_2

What if the guy in the bottom right is actually sitting the same way as a mythical creature? They wouldn't have thought of that one, it's just a funny sitting position they thought to try. Perhaps Lyra is the same. (I know it's kinda being a killjoy... but it's a thought I had :3)

• Brohoof 3

I have always been curious about Iron Will.  He is a minotaur, which is a creature with the head of a bull on the body of a man.  How does that work in a world where humans do not exist?  Is he just a weird creature with a bull head? 

Edited by Shawn Parks

It's a big question. Is Equestria a land located within the depths of earths history, long before humans, and all of our technology and architecture was passed down form ponies? Is it the opposite, where Ponies exist in a world that has since been devoid of humans, and everything the ponies have has been passed down from us? Or is it a world where humans have never existed? On a side note, it is rather humorous looking at how the ponies use items and tools that require hands and fingers, such as hammers, tooth brushes, cellos, etc.

Now that Equestria Girls is out, I think it's safe to call humanoid creatures cannon in the MLP universe. In the beginning of EQG Celestia says "soon you will know more about this (the human) world than even I do". This suggests that Celestial knows something (however little) about humans, or whatever we're calling those colourful creatures on the other side of the mirror. So it's quite probable that some stories and myths about humans leaked into pony lore over the years. But I don't think that any ponies who have never seen a human would believe in them. To the majority of ponies, humans are likely a fairytale.