Count to a million

DubWolf

CTAM after 1 million  

180 users have voted

1. 1. What should happen after 1 million is reached?

• Start over at 1
    • Keep counting to infinity (count to the next million(s))
    • Count back down to 1 (then back up)
    • Other (pm or mention if you'd like)

On 2022-09-01 at 2:48 PM, SparklingSwirls said:

Woona! :yay:

I've been doing alright. Graduated in May, went traveling for a bit, then came back to focus on applying for jobs. I got accepted into a traineeship with the European Union Delegation, but it hasn't started yet, so I've mostly been spending the days hiding from the heat and playing a video game inside :P 

And how about you?

I'm only two weeks late lmao 

I recently looked at jobs with the US Embassy in Ottawa because part of me had fantastical dreams of moving to Canada. Not gonna happen, though, because we just bought a house. So now my wife is obsessing over home improvement projects. My concern is more on the structural side. We've got a couple trees that make me uncomfortable with limbs hanging over the roof. There was one we actually just had cut down. I counted 58 rings. It was massive. Probably 20 or 25 meters tall. Unfortunately, it died after we bought the house. So it had to go. It's a shame. Mature trees are so beautiful and I kinda loved that tree.

Apart from that, I've just been busying myself with work work and yard work. Lots of working. I'm procrastinating right now. I actually have a lot to do....but it's Friday.

But hey, with your events, that's really exciting! So is a traineeship sort of like an internship or probationary position? I'm not too familiar with what the EU Delegation does. I'd take a guess that it's an analogue to the Congress in the US? Where member states vote for people to represent their interests to leadership in Brussels? As an American here, I only know just enough about the EU to know there is a whole lot about the EU that I don't know! I could look it up, but I think it's more fun to talk to people about what they actually do lol And I am really excited for you! 

And yeah, about that heat.....we just came off from a slew of 40 degree days in July and August. Lately it's been between 30 and 35 or so degrees, which has been nice. It's even rained a few times. Now, this week, it's gonna be hot. They're calling for something like 37 on Saturday. I originally had aspirations to mow the lawn and pull weeds.....but we're in a drought so I don't think the lawn will grow much between this weekend and next weekend when it's only supposed to be about 25 degrees.............so I'm not doing it now! I'm hiding from the heat and playing games too! 

I know Europe has been getting hammered by heat this summer. I browse r/CasualUK from time to time and someone posted a satellite image of the UK from mid-August. Devastating. I know France and Spain have been dealing with heat waves too. It's horrible to see it happening and to see our leadership doing so little about climate change. :/ 

But hey, onto lighter topics - Have you played any interesting/cool/fun games lately? I finally got around to beating Breath of the Wild a couple weeks ago so now I'm playing Stellaris. Have you played A Short Hike?

Edited by lomk
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, Deae Rising Shine~ said:

Hi

510831 (yeah, yeah - I'm not here often enough to remember it doesn't merge replies anymore lmao)

Heya, Rising. How are things?

Edited by lomk