Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Fluttershy and Shutterfly.

Pinkamena Dianne Pie

Ok, we all know of the scrapbooking site, Shutterfly. My over analytical mind has always wondered if they got their name based off of Fluttershy. My reasoning is that the site came up a little while after mlp came out and the brony wave was happening. With the name itself, I get the shutter part 'cuz that is part of a camera, but fly seems irrelevant to me.

I wanna know your thoughts. Do you think it is somehow relevant to eachother? Do you think it is just a coincidence? Please share.

I've wondered this for a while. I heard about it like a year ago, and I thought: ...Fluttershy... Maybe it was intentional, but I'm not 100%. It's interesting though.

Yep, probably just a coinkidink. I mean, there's no doubt that the names are very similar to each other, but since Shutterfly came first perhaps it was indeed an inspiration for Fluttershy's name? The world may never know. :o

Shutterfly was founded in 1999, according to Wikipedia, so it's just a coincidence. Who knows, maybe that name actually provided the inspiration for Fluttershy's name.

I think you hit the nail right on the head here. But wait, wasn't there an earlier generation pony named Fluttershy? Let me go do a quick Google...(Time passed, trust me!)...Nope, there was a G3 Fluttershy that was released in 2003. She was named "Posey" in G1. Shutterfly did come first.

Shutterfly - camera shutter - Camera Shy - Fluttershy. I would bet this was the thought process for the pony name!

Edited by cuteycindyhoney