Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pinkie Pie's grandmother headcannon

Forlong

Okay, before I blow your mind with my headcannon, let's go over what we know about Pinkie's nana:

• She taught Pinkie to banish her fears with laughter
  • She told Pinkie about the magic mirror pond.
  • She might have been the one to tell Pinkie about Parasprites.

So who is Pinkie's grandmother?  I believe she is none other than:

DARING DO

daring_do_by_boneswolbach-d4ok56h.png

Now, before anyone says the obvious, we were never told if Daring was a real pony or not.  She fits well with what we know about Nana Pie.  She would have wanted to know about the magic mirror pool out of curiosity and thirst for adventure.  It would also make sense for her to go to Zebra country, where parasprites are probably from.  She could have also been the one to tell Pinkie about the legend of the sonic rainboom.

Also, Pinkie's dad has a similarly colored coat and patterned mane. Coincidence?  I think not!

clyde_pie__pinkie__s_dad__by_fooblued-d5

Another more interesting fact is that this would explain Pinkie's admiration for Rainbow Dash.  Twilight said Rainbow Dash and Daring Do were a lot alike.  Pinkie loves Rainbow Dash.  A lot.  Like restraining order a lot.  Rainbow Dash reminding her of her grandmother could be a factor there.

What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

A very imaginative headcanon, since Pinkie Pie could look at her inspiration from Rainbow Dash and Daring Do. So I think that headcanon, makes some sense from your point of view.

• Brohoof 1

It's a pretty good idea, but there seems to still be a few problems with it before I believe this idea. Besides the fact we don't know if Daring Do is real or not, why would Daring Do have the Pie as her last name. The last name aspect has always been the confusing thing in this world.

The parasprite thing I believe is more of a thing Pinkie dealt with in the past. It just seems hard to believe she would know what they look seeing as she never has seen one and may not know what they look like just from 1 story. We also don't know if Zecora just know about Parasprites because she live in the forest or if they are in her country.

The sonic rainboom could be more what she heard from RD and Pinkie just knowing about it from her past. To what we saw, Pinkie does not know who did that SRB when she was a kids.

Now this is a pretty interesting idea, but I would need a little more to believe this idea. 

Also, Pinkie's dad has a similarly colored coat and patterned mane. Coincidence? I think not!

Another more interesting fact is that this would explain Pinkie's admiration for Rainbow Dash.

These are good arguments.

Everything else is kinda vague. Especially thing with parasprites. The fact, that Zecora knows about them, doesn't necerssery mean they come from Rodezebria/Zebrabve. Besides, Zecora doesn't know how to handle this treat. Pinkie does.

that would be rather interesting if it was real. although a flaw i find in this is similar to the cake family: pegasus followed by bunches of earth ponies. maybe if they had used Surprise, this would be solved. i like the idea though.

that would be rather interesting if it was real. although a flaw i find in this is similar to the cake family: pegasus followed by bunches of earth ponies. maybe if they had used Surprise, this would be solved. i like the idea though.

Pegasi genes were confirmed to be recessive.  Mrs. Cake is distantly related to a Pegasus.

Another interesting note is that Pinkie Pie was originally going to be a Pegasus.

Tee_hee_by_fyre_flye-d4axf6c.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Pegasi genes were confirmed to be recessive.  Mrs. Cake is distantly related to a Pegasus.

Another interesting note is that Pinkie Pie was originally going to be a Pegasus.

img-1816500-1-Tee_hee_by_fyre_flye-d4axf

i know she was intended to. i just mentioned it. her original name was to be surprise. white body and yellow mane. information good!