Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

National Novel Writing Month 2013

Standard User

Well, I'm entering. Though, honestly, I haven't been writing my NOVEL yet. I've been writing fanfics and soon my novels/will/ be written. A lot will be drawn out later though.

So far, I've started 3 stories all fanfiction. Tomorrow I'm writing the novels. 4 In total. Its because I have an abundance of ideas, and focusing on one is stupid for me. I lose all interest quickly or the idea dafes if I did one. So far, I'm expanding my one story which is PRATICALLY based on an old assignment for class. Four page horror stories. That is easy to expand and make 50,000 words. However my graphic novel ideas are harder. So, in essence, I do/to much to not do too little.

@@Scootadress,

In my personal case, the novel I'm writing is a fanfic. Don't get me wrong, I have concepts and ideas for about the next three years of NaNo lined up. Simply that I've had this fanfic idea in my head ever since issue 11 of the comics, so I wanted to get that on to words.

For those of you not my writing buddy on the website, I'm happy about the fact that I have two thousand words written for it so far. Still no title, however. 

• Brohoof 1

@@Scootadress,

In my personal case, the novel I'm writing is a fanfic. Don't get me wrong, I have concepts and ideas for about the next three years of NaNo lined up. Simply that I've had this fanfic idea in my head ever since issue 11 of the comics, so I wanted to get that on to words.

For those of you not my writing buddy on the website, I'm happy about the fact that I have two thousand words written for it so far. Still no title, however.

I agree totally. I don't know if I should count a few fanfics for nano though. If I had, then I would TOTALLY have 1,533 for one story alone. Though, it kind of sucks. The drawing portion is fun, I can't do the writing as good. Most ideas are made for drawing. In fact, the story I posted here, The Puppet Maker, was originally my own story, but adapted to ponies. It was supposed to be drawn.

Then there are a few others. One based on the Rainbow Factory story (A WHOLE story dedicated to the victims that are enslaved even in death) and the other was a zombie based story. That's a huge problem. The zombie story is in the POV of a character who's pretending.

Meanwhile I have story ideas from school projects.

@@Scootadress,

Color me intrigued.

We are something of opposites there. While, as you said, you are more of the visual artist in story telling, I am a solely literary artist. Stories I can tell in words simply enough.

My personal story for this delves a bit into the history of Twilight Velvet, the mother of our dear Princess Twilight Sparkle, and one of her closest friends from the time that she was her daughter's age. I am personally really excited to get this written and onto the web for others opinions on it. I can only hope that I will reach the deadline in time. Though even if I do not, I will still finish and post it.

Well, if we're talking about story ideas...

For NaNo, I'm basically going to speed-write On the Tales of Solar Winds. If I don't finish it in time but find a convenient stopping spot, I'll just cut it off early. Otherwise, I'm just going to do sections of the story (kind of a "highlights" series of episodes) to finish it up quicker.

What is everyone at for word counts? I'm at just under 1,000, though I haven't had a whole bunch of time to work today.

• Brohoof 1

I'll let you all know what my story is about when I figure it out. 

Word count wise, the site says I'm at 639, and all of those were written early (between 1 and 2 am). I wrote other stuff in my notebook during the afternoon but I've yet to to type it on the word document because I've come down with a crippling case of the lazy. 

I'll do it now. I can feel your judgment upon me.

• Brohoof 1

Well, it says my word count is at 966. Which is surprising because I didn't expect it to go that well first off. I also had a good nap since I was tired from doing my exam and stuff, so lateness and laziness is a bit of a factor.

The story idea I have is about a guy with imaginary friends that soon makes real friends. AND THEN CHARACTERS AND PLOT AND CHANGE AND STUFF.

I can already feel my amateurish skills coming off.

• Brohoof 2

@@Scootadress,

Color me intrigued.

We are something of opposites there. While, as you said, you are more of the visual artist in story telling, I am a solely literary artist. Stories I can tell in words simply enough.

My personal story for this delves a bit into the history of Twilight Velvet, the mother of our dear Princess Twilight Sparkle, and one of her closest friends from the time that she was her daughter's age. I am personally really excited to get this written and onto the web for others opinions on it. I can only hope that I will reach the deadline in time. Though even if I do not, I will still finish and post it.

I'm interested in that story. Honestly I am. You will pass the deadline. Much better then me.

I was honestly intrigued in the story.

The zombie story shows more of Scootaloo''s history and how Equestria came to be. Cassiopeia was just a normal teenage girl. She was the head of a sports team, she had a few trustworthy friends and a loving family.Seemingly of course. She was feared. People assumed she was a jerk. She was bullied, called names, and mocked. All because of her stupid name.She had a competive family, her older sister the head of her class. Her parents were head of theirs. All in all, other then the bullying and less than happy household, her life was normal. That is, until a zombie apocalypse destroys her chances of anything normal. One day after constant begging, she and her sister (little sister) scout and wind up in trouble. She ends up running with a baby, sister and scooter in tow. That's all she remembers after she winds up in Equestria. Oh, and the horde, no biggy right? Discovered by Sweetie, she has to learn to adapt to Equestrian life while piecing together her past and stop the zombies from worsening. How do you find a purpose and save your world when you know nothing about where you are anymore? Under the guise of the name Scootaloo, she gets into trouble and has experiences that she never thought she'd have. Oh, and see overly familiar faces.

• Brohoof 1

Simply put, I want to read all of these when they are finished, should the necessary links be provided for such a thing. 

My current word count is at 2,470, with more to be added before this day is up. That's one advantage I have in being a homeschooler, and currently unemployed, is that I can write at just about any time in the day that strikes my fancy. I have made it a goal of mine to write at least 2,000 per day. Writing: The one thing that I can overachieve in.

• Brohoof 2

I would like to join. Can I still join? I'll just stick with 50000 words and see where I get to. So, er... yeah. Whatever. So anyway, reply, please.

It's never too late to join! Well, it CAN be. I mean, if someone joined November 29th...that would just be terrible for everyone involved.

Anyway, consider yourself entered! Next time I hop on a computer I'll add your name to the list.

It's never too late to join! Well, it CAN be. I mean, if someone joined November 29th...that would just be terrible for everyone involved.

Anyway, consider yourself entered! Next time I hop on a computer I'll add your name to the list.

I'm sorry, but why would that be terrible for everyone? :P Wouldn't it just be problematic for the writer him or herself? (just confused)

I believe he meant for everyone involved in writing that person's particular story. If the person was writing it alone, or with someone else, and they joined on the 29th, they'd have to fill the 50,000 quota in a single 24 hours. And that would be terrible for everyone involved with they writing.

That, and it's just a figure of speech. tongue.png

EDIT: 

I am happy to say, that at the end of my writing period for this day, my current word count tallies up to 4103 words! 
I am incredibly excited right now. Also, I find myself really liking my main characters.

Edited by 00Pony

Ah, I've started on my work myself. I've posted an excerpt from my new novel and I've added it to my profile as well. I'm sure I am well on my way towards achieving this special and unique goal. If I wasn't a University student with all the work it entails, I could write two books in this same time. If I really wanted to. But I will have to settle for one which is good. I can really focus on one story. Despite my lame abilities, I am sure that the premise is solid. I predict that before I rest for today, I will have around 2,800 words for two days. Yesterday, I wrote 1,500.

• Brohoof 1

Re-updated the word count, now at 4263 words. It feels a bit like the book is writing itself now, which I assume is the effect of having a story you like.

I believe he meant for everyone involved in writing that person's particular story. If the person was writing it alone, or with someone else, and they joined on the 29th, they'd have to fill the 50,000 quota in a single 24 hours. And that would be terrible for everyone involved with they writing.

That, and it's just a figure of speech. img-1974549-1-tongue.png

On a more literal note, did you know there's an unofficial challenge where people try to write 50k in 24 hours?

• Brohoof 2

I don't have time this year, with all of the projects I'm working on, but I have made advance plans for next year, haha!

If it weren't for the time frame I would be all over this :P

After many hours of writing, I can now happily say that, not only have I come up with a title for my story, my word count now clocks out at 6,559. 

• Brohoof 2

@@00Pony I saw that when I logged onto the site. You got this in the bag, man. img-1978826-1-happy.png

As for me, I have yet to hit 3000. Partly because I've been busy this weekend, and partly because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. My lack of significant planning is showing and my inspiration is failing me. 

Edited by Rudes
  • Brohoof 2

As for me, I have yet to hit 3000. Partly because I've been busy this weekend, and partly because I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. My lack of significant planning is showing and my inspiration is failing me. Getting the words onto the page feels kinda like pushing out a very hard lump of excrement which consequently leaves my anus swollen and bleeding. If only I could see your face as you read that.

On one hand, I'm sure you can figure out an idea soon. Let your mind wander or something. On the other, where do you find time to come up with such a simile. Jesus. ._.

• Brohoof 2

How is everyone doing? Keeping up with those daily word count pars? If you need a little boost or some advice, check out the @NaNoWriMo Twitter account. If you use the hashtag #NaNoCoach , you'll get in touch with NaNo's author of the week. That's pretty rad, bro.

This is my first NaNoWriMo, and I'm aiming for the full 50,000. A few of my friends are regular participants, so I decided to join, cheer them on, and see what all the fuss was about.

How is everyone doing? Keeping up with those daily word count pars? If you need a little boost or some advice, check out the @NaNoWriMo Twitter account. If you use the hashtag #NaNoCoach , you'll get in touch with NaNo's author of the week. That's pretty rad, bro.

I've fallen behind a few times, but I'm all caught up at around 13,000 words on the 8th day. Slow and steady at least gets me to the finish line.

On another note, does anyone read the pep talks on the main site? Are they helpful? I've been recieving a lot of them, but haven't stopped to read any.

So, we're nearly halfway through the month. How's everyone doing thus far?

Most of my first week was spent dealing with a relapse into depression and the second week I've been dealing with a ton of stressful shit. The result of all this is that I'm way way behind on my word count. I'm hoping to pick up the slack this weekend. It's becoming increasingly clear to me that I'm not going to meet the goal. but dammit, I can try! angry.png

I hope nobody's doing as badly as I am.

Welp, back to the grind. 

Edited by Rudy Redlin