National Novel Writing Month 2013

Standard User

Word count: 19,872

First week I was doing a lot better at staying on my self imposed schedule, but second week I procrastinated once... Then twice... And so on until now, where I have 8000 to catch up on my usual schedule. Should be easy enough, if I write 4000 tonight, tomorrow, and Saturday - since tomorrow adds another 2000. I can do this...

Being optimistic, but hey

I'm seriously pissed at myself for this, since I haven't gotten time to work on my story. I've written down drafts and ideas for the next three chapters, but my school work has seriously cut down on any time I had for Nano. Worst of all, my exams are the first week of December; immediately after everyone finishes.

I just saw this a few days back, and when I read 'two months', I missed the fact that this thread was created at September!

I might try to make a story, but don't add me to the list. :lol:

I'm just gonna toy around with this story topic I have, and I probably won't finish.

• 2 weeks later...

And then Handsome Jack got incredibly sick and everything was terrible for everyone involved, including you. Yeah, I'm not even close to finishing. Oh well! It's gotten me back into writing, and that is what I really wanted.

IMPORTANT NEWS:

As of today, November 25th, you can "win" NaNoWriMo! Go to the official site and follow the magical instructions on how to verify your 50,000 words. Hopefully someone here managed to complete this, 'cause I sure didn't. laugh.png

OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS:

This is my 1,000th post on the site. Yay me. vsTALhM.png

Edited by Handsome Jack

And then Handsome Jack got incredibly sick and everything was terrible for everyone involved, including you. Yeah, I'm not even close to finishing. Oh well! It's gotten me back into writing, and that is what I really wanted.

IMPORTANT NEWS:

As of today, November 25th, you can "win" NaNoWriMo! Go to the official site and follow the magical instructions on how to verify your 50,000 words. Hopefully someone here managed to complete this, 'cause I sure didn't. img-2035534-1-laugh.png

OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS:

This is my 1,000th post on the site. Yay me. img-2035534-2-vsTALhM.png

There's still five days left if you want to make one last, big push. My friend and I are both racing the last 15k.

There's still five days left if you want to make one last, big push. My friend and I are both racing the last 15k.

I would, but I have about 95% of the story left to write, and I have homework and other obligations in the way. I never expected to win anyway; this was just a way to get me writing again (and it totally worked, so yay me). Good luck in your final assault!

Well, a little late on the return, but it is over. 30 days of panicked, fast-paced writing and coffee-induced comas are over!

So did anyone meet their goal? Did anyone hit that glorious 50,000 mark? Even if you didn't feel free to share what you do have thus far so we can scrutinize your every sentence celebrate your success!

Ha! I wasn't even close. I wasn't even close to being close. I wasn't even on the same planet as close. 

Still, this was not a total waste. I learned something. I learned that next time I need to plan ahead and y'know, put some effort into it. Always look on the bright side.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...