Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Drew this a while back

Dddrgn

who_cares_about_elections__halo_4__by_li

It's old, back from when halo 4 came out, (so technically not that old). What do you guys think? I draw quite a bit, but most of my stuff gets scrapped for one reason or another.

• Brohoof 4

I think is a nice start! I like the pose and theme, perhaps it needs a bit of work on the eyes and ears.

Did you draw directly on the computer? I never manage to do that, my pencils would get mad at me :<

• Brohoof 1

I think is a nice start! I like the pose and theme, perhaps it needs a bit of work on the eyes and ears.

Did you draw directly on the computer? I never manage to do that, my pencils would get mad at me :<

Yeah, I use a drawing tablet that I bought. My biggest issue is lining, it continues to be a problem no matter what I do, so it gets all the shapes and such messed up.

• Brohoof 1

It's pretty good, much better than I could do, although that's not saying very much. The snout looks a bit strange, which makes the mouth seems a bit out of place. The line of the snout should be a bit more horizontal than it is currently. I'm no artist, but that jumps out at me a bit.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I use a drawing tablet that I bought. My biggest issue is lining, it continues to be a problem no matter what I do, so it gets all the shapes and such messed up.

I had quite a problem with lining as well, specially because on ponies lines are usually really straight. I draw by hand and make the lines with the pen tool, you need to learn a bit about anchor points but once you do it's rather easy. It still takes some time so patience is, let's say, a must. 

This is if you use photoshop.

http://www.melissaevans.com/tutorials/how-to-use-photoshops-pen-tool

I hope it helps :) and keep up the good work!

• Brohoof 1

I had quite a problem with lining as well, specially because on ponies lines are usually really straight. I draw by hand and make the lines with the pen tool, you need to learn a bit about anchor points but once you do it's rather easy. It still takes some time so patience is, let's say, a must. 

This is if you use photoshop.

http://www.melissaevans.com/tutorials/how-to-use-photoshops-pen-tool

I hope it helps smile.png and keep up the good work!

I know what you mean, I use Sai, which has a version of the tool you are speaking about. Most artists I see don't bother with it for lining, but I might considering the issues I have with it. The only problem with the tool is that you can't necessarily get different thicknesses on the lining like I want to sometimes.

• Brohoof 1

I know what you mean, I use Sai, which has a version of the tool you are speaking about. Most artists I see don't bother with it for lining, but I might considering the issues I have with it. The only problem with the tool is that you can't necessarily get different thicknesses on the lining like I want to sometimes.

Yeah :/ I see what you mean, I personally never used SAI but on PS you can choose the thickness of the line and check the pressure effect when making the line with the brush, after that I erase the line to my liking. I don't really know if it's the "faster" or more effective way to draw a pony to be honest, I guess I am simply developing my own way xD

• Brohoof 2

Yeah :/ I see what you mean, I personally never used SAI but on PS you can choose the thickness of the line and check the pressure effect when making the line with the brush, after that I erase the line to my liking. I don't really know if it's the "faster" or more effective way to draw a pony to be honest, I guess I am simply developing my own way xD

That seems to be the best way to do it, it would b eboring to always just copy someone else's style of doing it, you wouldnt' learn anything!

• Brohoof 2

Oh hell yes! biggrin.png I'm right there with you Luna! That's all I could think about during the time....Halo 4 baby! yay.png  And also the fact that I can't vote so I didn't really have a care for the election, silly me I know. But still....HALO 4! wub.png Oh ya and also that's a really neat drawing...I'm a personal fan of that style! 

Edited by Surreal Darkness
  • Brohoof 2