Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, Yeah. Took Me a While

CurtisWildcat

Would you believe I'd never heard of this place before? Like, at all? ()^_^

Anyway, good to meet all y'all. Name's Curtis Wildcat. I discovered MLP proper back in late 2014, early 2015 or so. I've been at FimFiction since 2015, and I've been a member of the now-almost-completely-empty Everypony forums since 2016.

Far as the Mane 6 goes, the closest to a favorite character I have is Applejack. Reason I phrased it like that is because each of the six have traits that I've had to recognize in myself to varying degrees. If you want to talk about my favorite character in the show period, that particular discussion begins and ends with DJ Pon-3. :mlp_grin:

If you're wondering how I found this place, today I was running a Google search for artists who handled MLP commissions, and this was one of the first sites that was listed.

As for how I became interested in MLP, well, that's a bit of a story. ()^_^ I'd been a fan of Touhou for some years, and in the time frame mentioned above I found out about ScrewAttack's One Minute Melee featuring Dio Brando and Sakuya Izayoi. I watched a few reaction videos of the fight, and I found out that several of the reactors had also done reactions to the Starscream Vs. Rainbow Dash Death Battle, so I watched those, too. Before getting into the actual show, I decided to watch the Turnabout Storm series first so I could get a basic idea of the characters' personalities. From there I browsed the series' TV Tropes pages for episodes that were particularly cool or funny, then watched reactions to those. The whole process took me some months, so the first (and so far only) episode of the show that I've actually sat down and watched from start to finish was the 100th episode, "Slice of Life".

(And that's just the ABRIDGED explanation. :-P )

I'm currently writing "Manehattan's Lone Guardian", a crossover between MLP and Mega Man Zero, over at FimFiction. For non-pony content, I also run "Curtis Wildcat - Casual Failure", a gaming series on YouTube where I play old games and grade myself afterward based on how poorly I did.

Can't think of anything else to say and it's getting close to dinnertime anyway, so I'm going to take off. I'll check out this place a little more later. Ciao mein, everyone!

• Brohoof 8

:laugh:  I've been writing fanfiction for much of my life (not necessarily "good" fanfiction, mind you), and there's something I've always liked about seeing secondary characters get developed. There was no way I was going to miss that one when it aired.

Thanks for the welcome, all of you.

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

2 hours ago, StrawberryMilk Simp said:

I suggest you join some role playings. And i too started at fimfiction! But ended up hanging around mlp forums and made everyones day here miserable:muffins:

I appreciate the offer, but I'd rather stay out of the role-playing section if I can help it. I don't really have as much time to devote to that sort of thing like I used to, and my characters aren't really the type to be constrained by the rules anyway. ()^_^ Thanks anyway, though.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-11-16 at 2:20 AM, CurtisWildcat said:

Would you believe I'd never heard of this place before? Like, at all? ()^_^

Anyway, good to meet all y'all. Name's Curtis Wildcat. I discovered MLP proper back in late 2014, early 2015 or so. I've been at FimFiction since 2015, and I've been a member of the now-almost-completely-empty Everypony forums since 2016.

Far as the Mane 6 goes, the closest to a favorite character I have is Applejack. Reason I phrased it like that is because each of the six have traits that I've had to recognize in myself to varying degrees. If you want to talk about my favorite character in the show period, that particular discussion begins and ends with DJ Pon-3. :mlp_grin:

If you're wondering how I found this place, today I was running a Google search for artists who handled MLP commissions, and this was one of the first sites that was listed.

As for how I became interested in MLP, well, that's a bit of a story. ()^_^ I'd been a fan of Touhou for some years, and in the time frame mentioned above I found out about ScrewAttack's One Minute Melee featuring Dio Brando and Sakuya Izayoi. I watched a few reaction videos of the fight, and I found out that several of the reactors had also done reactions to the Starscream Vs. Rainbow Dash Death Battle, so I watched those, too. Before getting into the actual show, I decided to watch the Turnabout Storm series first so I could get a basic idea of the characters' personalities. From there I browsed the series' TV Tropes pages for episodes that were particularly cool or funny, then watched reactions to those. The whole process took me some months, so the first (and so far only) episode of the show that I've actually sat down and watched from start to finish was the 100th episode, "Slice of Life".

(And that's just the ABRIDGED explanation. :-P )

I'm currently writing "Manehattan's Lone Guardian", a crossover between MLP and Mega Man Zero, over at FimFiction. For non-pony content, I also run "Curtis Wildcat - Casual Failure", a gaming series on YouTube where I play old games and grade myself afterward based on how poorly I did.

Can't think of anything else to say and it's getting close to dinnertime anyway, so I'm going to take off. I'll check out this place a little more later. Ciao mein, everyone!

Hello and welcome^^ /)

• Brohoof 1