Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

Lee felt himself be nudged looked up at Sunny and Charcoal. He tried to smile at them, but his face wasn't used to making any expression other then a grim smirk. He hoped that wasn't how he came across. "Lee, Luna branch. Nice to meet you two." He held his hoof out to shake Sunny's first, then Charcoals. "You two are?"

(((Sorry for the lack of format. I'm not on my computer at the moment.)))

@@Aerodynas

@@Charcoal Embers

Edited by Dave Pyro

@@Charcoal Embers,@,

"Thank ya kindly ma'am...er, Charcoal," Sunny said appreciatively before turning to the pony who shook her hoof. "The name's Sunny Caramel of the Cider-Sugar Caramel Orchards, pleasure to meet ya Lee...oh and uh I'm from the Cadence branch," she stated proudly. Sunny was overjoyed to have already found some friends...or at least the were friends to her. The mare accepted almost anypony willingly and tried to find the best in them; such was her happy-go-lucky nature. "Lead the way Charcoal!" she announced excitedly.

@@Aerodynas @

Charcoal smiled. "Of course. I believe it is right this way." Charcoal said as she started walking in the direction she was pretty sure was a place to get stocked up for the trip. And after a bit of searching Charcoal finally did find a room with all sorts of things they could use.

Sunny was ecstatic to find the room with so many adventuring items...The mare grabbed the more simpler things such as cooking utensils and an elongated rope...after testing almost all of them expertly. After a little bit of digging though, she managed to find a blanket, folding it up tightly and tying it with twine. In the end, Sunny had a light load, ignoring almost all the combat related items without even a second glance.

Charcoal walked in with Sunny. It looked like Sunny got a lot of the cooking items out of the way. And she had her tools with her anyway. So she looked around for some sort of weapon. She couldn't really make a decision for what kind of weapon she wanted. A spear would be too big and obvious, and she wasn't really fond of using a sword with her mouth. She decided to go for a sword and knife.

Chain Mail went to his personal storage cabinet that he hid on his first visit here ever during initiation. He grabbed from it a sword, some canned foods, and a prototype Pegasus wingpack. "That should be everything I need." He said, still keeping to himself. He didn't like being part of a group, but he knew it would be necessary.

@@Aerodynas

@@Charcoal Embers

Lee looked around. "Wow. That is alot of supplies." He walked over to a rack of swords and hefted one, giving it a few experimental swings and shook his head. "Too heavy." Next he inspected a wall covered in daggers. He picked one up and spun it around a few times. Nodding, satisfied with the feel of it, he put it in one of the assorted pockets on his jacket and walked over to the door, waiting for Sunny and Charcoal to finish up. "So...we all know Sunny is a singer in her off time, and a pretty good one to if I might add," He said this and nodded in Sunny's direction before turning his attention back to Charcoal, "but what do you do, Charcoal?"

@

"I build things. Whether it be weapons or houses." She moved her back and showed Lee her cutie mark, whick was a roller up blueprint. "I even built the house I am living in now." Charcoal explained. "Built it when I was just a filly. I was always good with using my hooves."

@@Charcoal Embers

Lee smiled. "That's quite a skill you got there." He was impressed. "And you're pretty humble to, aren't you? I can tell your not bragging by the emotions you're feeling right now. I'm a...well, I'm a changeling. I was banished from my hive a while ago. They cut my wings off and left me here to die." He looked down. He'd never actually admitted to any pony what he truly was. They either already knew or never found out because he didn't like to shape change to much. Lee stared out the window, thinking about what his old life used to be like, and how much had changed over the past few years.

@

"So you a changeling? Well... alright. Doesn't really matter to me. You are no different in my eyes with me knowing that. So long as you don't try and kill me you are okay in my book." Charcoal said with a smile. "And the whole reading emotion thing is kind of cool."

@@Charcoal Embers

@@Aerodynas

Lee nodded, thankful that she hadn't rejected him out right. "Thanks! and yes, it is kinda...cool. It's actually something I have to do to live. Changelings don't eat like most ponies. I wish I could survive like you could, a few apples here and there, but the thing is I actually live off of other people's emotions. Love is the strongest emotion, it is very good and is the most filling of all other emotions, but I've learned not to rely just on love. Once you get used to them, hope and happiness aren't so bad. It's the negative emotions that have a strange taste. Hate, anger, lust. Those have a...I guess you would best relate it to a bitter taste." He looked up and realized he had been talking a lot. Wow, I never talk this much, what's gotten in to me. He pondered this for a moment then shrugged. "I'm ready when you and Sunny are. I already packed up."

Guardian soon slipped back into the room that had been aranged meeting spot. He double check all his supplies, then began to wait for the others. While he waited, he meditated. He had brought his full medical pack for this journey and hoped he wouldn't have to need it, when people arrived he would need to take blood samples.

Edited by Lask

@

Charcoal giggled. "Sure, I'm ready to head out. And I'm pretty sure Sunny is too. But please, tell me more about changelings. I have always been fascinated by them. Like, what gender is each changeling? And if they are different genders, can a female changeling change into a male pony and vise versa?"

@@Charcoal Embers

David laughed. "Well, most drones are male. Sometimes there is a female drone, but that is rare, also, yes a male can shift in to a female or vice versa, but it's usually not permanent. The only time it usually is a permanent shift is if something is wrong with the population and the queen can't do anything to bring the population back up to it's normal size. Other then that, males stay males and females stay females. Also, most females are born in to the royal family, though there are on extremely rare, and I mean very very rare occasions, a male born in to the royal family. When this happens, it's usually a sign that the hive is strong enough to go to war. Changelings fight other hives, or other species. I believe Equestria actually had an encounter with changelings? If I recall correctly, the hive was headed by a queen though, is that right?" Lee asked, looking at Charcoal for confirmation.

@

Charcoal nodded. "There was an invasion in Canterlot at one point. But you would have to ask somepony who was there for more information. I personally was there, so I couldn't tell you the details." Charcoal said. Now she was really getting interested in changelings.

He heard two people entering the room. It was Charcol and Lee, he rose and walked over. "On this journey, we might have to fight, yes, and someone could get hurt. So am going to have to ask both of you for blood samples, its completley volentary, but i need it in case i have to preform a  transfusion."

@Dave Pyro

@Charcoal Embers,

Edited by Lask

@@Charcoal Embers@, @,

"I would, gladly, but it would require shattering a part of my carapace, and I would prefer not to do that, considering it would take several months to heal. Let me assure you as soon as it happens, you may have your sample, Guardian."

Moon Crypt entered the room, smiling slightly. "Oh, yes. The Canterlot Wedding. Let me tell you, after that, I was hauled in for questioning for months. My relations with a few of the Lord Inquisitors haven't been the same since." He sighed. "One year after Hive Chrysalis achieved combat strength, they assaulted Canterlot. Queen Chrysalis was able to sneak in, disguised as Cadence, and almost destroyed Canterlot. The only reason she didn't is because Cadence and Shining Armor used the power of love- however sappy that sounds at first- to send all the changelings in Canterlot packing, disabling the Hive and reducing them to a smaller, less powerful version of their former glory."

He shook his head. "At least we weren't attacked by Grey Monarch... that would have been disastrous. Celestia took this as a precaution and began trying to negotiate with some of the more powerful hives, to ensure it doesn't happen again."

He sighed, grabbing a medpack. "I would like to hear more about this hive you came from when we get back, Lee... It will prove quite educational for me." Shaking his head, he stripped five daggers off the wall, a small crossbow, rations, and other material before walking out. "I'll be on the airship when you are all ready." He stalked out of the room silently.

Charcoal hadn't noticed the crossbow or anything else there. She also grabbed a cross bow and a few grappling hooks for when she would need them. She also saw some wing blades, but ignored them considering she hardly ever used her wings for anything.

Guardian left for the airship, a waited for people to arrive, he would have to get the blood samples soon before his potions were ruined. He mentally kicked himself, but... they should be alright. He began to meditate again, and his horn glowed, he hover an inch off the ground.

@@Charcoal Embers,

((Still waiting on the response to Guardian)) 

@

((Woops, sorry. I didn't notice your post.))

Once Charcoal was reasonably prepared she went to the airship as well. She saw the pony from before who asked for her blood. She also saw him concentrating and decided not to bother him and instead just sat down and waited for him to finish.

[twitter][/twitter]@@Charcoal Embers,

((Its fine. thanks :)))

Guardian heard the pony enter. "Ah, Charcol was it, for this journey many things might happen, including injury. So i am requesting blood samples, completely optional, but i would advise you take it, i need the sample for potions and blood transfusions. Once again, yuor choice." He had a small syeringe in his left hoof.

((Sorry i cant spell))

@@Charcoal Embers,@, @, @,

Sunny had distractedly been humming to herself and became so enthralled with her thoughts that she practically blurted out the other ponies and changeling. When she turned around, she cocked her head sideways in wonder of how all of them had arrived so quickly together. Seeing that it was better not to intervene, she had slipped past them towards the airship where she smiled welcomingly as Charcoal arrived.

@

Charcoal looked at the pony. "So I'm going to let some random pony I don't even know stick a needle into me? Seems legit. Go ahead and stick me." Charcoal walked over and sat down by the pony and waited for him to extract blood. She, unlike a lot of ponies, wasn't afraid of needles.

@@Charcoal Embers

Lee nodded. He would have to ask some pony about it when he had the chance. "Well, that would explain why they failed. If a king had been leading the invasion, things would definitely be different. In fact, we might not even be here today." He looked out the window again thoughtfully. "I've lived long enough that when I was born, we were under the rule of a king. He was on the war path and had slowly been taking land over in Sadle Arabia. He was assassinated by another changeling hired by a young jealous princess who was to impatient to wait for the throne. Then, she became queen. I lived under that queen for a while when I was banished." He looked down thoughtfully. "Guess I'm lucky that the king was assassinated when he was. If he hadn't been, I would've definitely been killed instead of banished."

@

Lee looked at Gaurdian thoughtfully. "Sure, I guess, just don't be surprised if my blood is...eh, a different color. I'm completely healthy right now so not to worry, green is my usual blood color." As he said this he extended his foreleg and waited his turn for the transfusion.

@

Lee nodded as he heard Moon Crypt mention talking about his own hive. "Sure, sounds fine to me. I'm surprised I haven't been questioned about it yet anyways." He looked around and watched as all the different ponies from their group began to file back in to the room. "Almost ready to go?" He wondered aloud.

Edited by Dave Pyro