Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

@,@@Charcoal Embers, @, @@Frosty V,

When Solar mentioned the Everfree Forest, a shiver went down Sunny's spine as she giggled eagerly, "Oooh....that's one heck of a scary place." The mare then looked to others, eyeing up their appearances and approximate capabilities and nodding enthusiastically. "I'd say everypony here'll be able to handle whatever it throws at 'em because we're..." Sunny then paused, taking in a large breath of air as though she was going to strike up the band again, "seeeensational! Ow!" she cheered musically.

@@Charcoal Embers

@

Lee turned to Charcoal. "Well, what I'd really like to do now is find out where Moon Crypt's gotten off to. We should be ready to leave any time now and we're probably going to have some kind of final briefing. Or, at least, I hope we will. I feel like we're going down there blind." He paused for a second to think before smiling. "We don't have to be blind though. I'm sure I could go on a recon and see what's what. And I'd bet that Moon Crypt wouldn't miss something like that." He smiled and nodded at Charcoal. "I'm sorry, but I need to talk to Moon Crypt alone right now. I'll come find you later and we can catch up then, ok?" Lee trotted off in the direction of the pilots house, hoping to find Moon Crypt there.

Edited by Dave Pyro

@@Frosty V,

Solar Sentinel

"....I don't think I even have a response to that one." he said in a depressed and almost grumpy tone as he sighs. "I still can't figure this out though. I'm excited to go on this mission, but yet for some reason I feel like an observer. All I could think of was making battle plan after battle plan, and backups for those battle plans.....I think that desk of mine is making me soft Jaeger...You don't see me as one of those Celestia's way or the moon stereotypes...Do you? Caring more about the logistics of the mission than the actual mission...trying to micromanage everything..." as he took a pause before continuing.

"Perhaps when Moon Crypt is ready for us to leave, I'll feel a little better about this..."

Jaeger tilted his head down hearing the depression on the stallions voice. His ear perked up when Solar began to speak his mind about wether he was soft in the face of war. What really got Jaeger was when Solar asked if he saw him Celestia's way or no way type ponies he just let out a heavy sigh. "I think if you sit behind that desk to long you will be, but if there is one thing I learned...you can plan all you want...it doesn't tell you what the enemies going to do...I never plan, I decide on sight. You need to start getting into battle, don't turn into one of those commanders who sits behind a play table, thinking about what the enemy will do. I want to see you turn into the pony who can fight and fight and not stop until the battle is won or....your dead....depressing you again arn't I?" he asked patting Solar on the shoulder.

@

Charcoal was sad that Lee left her to go by himself. She didn't really know anypony else here except maybe Sunny, and she seemed busy with other ponies. She decided to go back to the room her and Lee had gone to before and take a nap in there. If there was a briefing somepony would come and get her.

@,

"Prepare for takeoff, captian."

"Aye!"

As the door opened, revealing Lee, Moon Crypt smiled ever-so-slightly. "Hello, Inquisitor. If you could hold on just a sec." He reached over and grabbed the intercom from the pilot. With a flash of green light at his throat, he spoke into the intercom, sounding uncannily like the captain.

@@Frosty V@@@@Aerodynas@@Charcoal Embers@@@GameytheGeemer,

"We will be taking off momentarily. If you are not familiar with airship travel, I suggest that you find yourself a seat until we clear the dock. Thank you."

Another flash of green light, and he handed the microphone back to the captain, who looked at the Lord Inquisitor funnily before going back to it. "Whenever you are ready, Mr. Inquisitor, sir."

Moon Crypt sat down, Lee sitting next to him. "Very well, then. Let's get this started."

THe entire ship lurched, knocking everyone who wasn't seated around, and, slowly at first, it rose out of the dock and started forward, gaining in speed.

As the ship leveled out, Moon Crypt stood up, smiling. "Well, that's that. Now, what is it that you wanted to talk to me about, my friend?"

Edited by Magos Amphrose

As the ship jerked forward, Sunny lost her footing but countered it with a barrel roll, looking around for a seat. Spotting a few not far away, she quickly bolted to them and hopped into one as the vessel continued to gain speed. The silly mare cheered as the g-forces pounded within the cabin, giving the thrilling feeling of a rollarcoaster.   

Charcoal was a very heavy sleeper so the ship taking off didn't bother her and she stayed asleep. She was acually begining to have nightmares as she slept and moved around a lot in her sleep. She also mumbled a lot about what was going on inside of her dream.

Guardian stood and addressed the group. "I have talk to some of you about medical blood samples, is there anyone Imissed." He wanted to make sure he got absolutely everyone, it would be his fault if he messed up. He has been on an airship before so the rocking didn't bother him much.

@Lask

Jaeger stopped his conversation at the mentions of blood samples. He turned to see one pony addressing the group asking around to make sure he had gotten everyone. Jaeger raised his hoof. "I don't remember taking one...I guess I might as well." he grumbled the last part of his statement. Normally he wouldn't partake in this, but he figured it was better safe than sorry.

@

Lee turned to Moon Crypt. "Well, I was thinking it might be good to get some more intel on the targeted area before we officially move out. I was wondering if it would be possible for me to wander around the village a bit before we all make our move? Also, I was wondering if you could join me? We're both changelings so blending in won't be a problem. Also, since we can both sense others emotions, we would be able to tell if something was wrong." 

Edited by Dave Pyro
  • Brohoof 1

@,

Sunny looked over to Guardian as he all called the group, shivering with his question. She knew it was for the best but the mare couldn't stand the idea of needles or doctoring. It was too painful and nasty. As her body quickly adjusted to the flight, Sunny unbuckled from her seat and trotted forward towards the cockpit with a hearty smile. 

@,

Moon Crypt smiled. "Well,, of course! Did you really think I would go in without knowing what was going on with the town?" He chuckled to himself. "And of course you can come along. I trained you myself, didn't I? I know you can be reliable, and that you blend in a crowd." He smiled. "Anything else you were concerned about? Any questions? Personal? Conversation kickstarters, perhaps?"

Lee thought for a moment before answering, "Yeah, have you ever tried lemon juice in cider? It's surprisingly good. Charcoal showed it to me." As he said this, he pulled a bottle of cider out of one of his pockets and a few lemons, holding them out to Moon Crypt.

Solar Sentinel

As the airship began moving, Solar braced himself, only rocking a little as the massive ship began it's trip.

@@Frosty V,@,

Solar looked back to Jaeger as he was talking with Guardian and smiles. "I'm glad your on you hooves with these healing potions. It's reassuring that somepony with your skill and dedication is on this mission...and Jaeger too..." he said with a slight laugh. "Jaeger is one pony I would not want to mess with. If you'll excuse me, I've got some exploring to do."

Solar wondered the halls of the great airship before finding an open door. Inside where two voices, one of which belonged to the changeling he was looking for.

@, @,

"Excuse me Sir," Solar said to Moon Crypt, saluting "I was wondering what your plan was for all of us when we arrived? I'd like to know what I need to do to prepare before we get to Golden Pines."

@@,

He smiled. "Indeed I haven't, Lee." He took some of the cider, squeezed the lemons, and was in the middle of taking a gulp when Solar came through the door. He gulped. "Oh, yes. When we arrive at the city, Lee and I, seeing how we are changelings, will take to the town and conduct a thourough recon of the place before we make any further judgement. We won't be far from the airship, though- only a few miles away- so if we are lacking in any equipment considering the recon report, we can retrieve it from here." He nodded. "By the way, Lee, this is good. And... Solar?" He took another gulp of the cider before giving the bottle to the others. "Don't tell the others I said this, but I'm making you ground leader when I'm not around. You seem the best for that position. I'll let the others know later on." 

@~SadisticSkycoaster~

@Magos Amphrose

Lee smiled as Moon Crypt complimented the cider. In his head, he thought, "I should get Charcoal to write a recommendation to Apple Acres. I bet this would become a big hit fast." When he heard Moon Crypt mention making Solar the ground forces leader, he smiled in Solar's direction. "Couldn't have picked a better soldier for the job. You got the military know how and the training to compliment that quite well." He felt a bit more relaxed knowing some pony as capable as Solar would be keeping an eye on things. He stood up and walked towards the door, looking over at Moon Crypt and Solar as he went. "I'll be on deck. When we're getting ready to land, should I meet you back up here?" His question he directed at Moon Crypt, making sure he would know where to find him before they started the recon.

Charcoal woke up from her nap with a start and a gasp. Her breathing was heavy and she was sweating buckets. She crawled out of bed. She needed some fresh air. She walked her way through the ship until she found the deck. She breathed in the air and she tried to calm down.

@@Charcoal Embers,

As Sunny trotted around the ship she quickly caught sight of Charcoal who looked sorta sleepy to her. With a chippery smile, the caramel mare galloped over to her happily. "Howdy Charcoal! Sorry, kinda lost ya before the take off heheh," she mentioned, cheerful to meet the mare's aquaintance again. Then, noticing the look painted upon Charcoal's face, Sunny cocked her head sidways and held a hoof gingerly, "Are you alright Charcoal?"

@@Aerodynas

Charcoal was so deep in thought that she didn't notice Sunny right away. After several seconds Sunny finally registered into Charcoal's brain and she looked up in surprise. "Oh, Sunny. I didn't see you there." She put on a fake smile in hope to convince Sunny she was alright. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just a little tired."

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Happy I could put a smile on that frowny face," Sunny joked as she continued close to Charcoal before patting her on the back with her hoof softly and beaming a true smile back to her. "You know, if ya want to talk about somethin' you might as well. It's just us mares here missy. Ain't got to worry about no stallion makin' a hoofball comment heheh," She giggled, hoping if she couldn't find out what was troubling Charcoal, she could at least cheer her up a little. 

@@Aerodynas

Charcoal opened her mouth to decline again, but she couldn't seem to do so. "Well... I... I just had another nightmare. It isn't anything too important, I have them all the time. Ever since-" Charcoal cut herself off before she could continue. "Anyway I just came here to calm down a bit."

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny's face softened as she plopped down to a sit, looking out like Charcoal. She didn't want to press any harder on the mare, not wanting to step past her boundaries. With a weak smile, Sunny patted her once more. "Well...I suppose if your gonna be out here...I'll keep ya company. I have a feelin' we'll be havin' too much fun when we get to where we're goin' to have much more time like this here," the mare almost singed. In the mare's heart, she knew she needed to stay and be there for Charcoal. That's what you do with friends and she wasn't going to leave.

@@Charcoal Embers,

"Well why not there Charcoal? You're a friend of mine and there ain't no friend of mine stayin' out here alone," she commented stubbornly, putting her hoof down. "Besides, I've been needin' it myself," Sunny laughed, "Ain't much fun not havin' nopony to chatter or kick sugar stalks with heheh." Sunny then engaged her leg muscles to a lock, making it obvious that she wasn't goin anywhere as her smile remained on her face, looking over to Charcoal.