Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chrysalis and the changelings. archtype the false or corrupted goddess.

Reiki Knight 13

Alright, it's a bit late but I promised I would discuss the changelings and more to the point their leader Queen Chrysalis. 

Now,  Chrysalis herself is basically a corrupted or infected individual. 

Notice the horn, wings etc are incomplete and almost but not quite like an alicorn?

Basically if you think of Cadence as the figure head of love and light for the spirit Chrysalis is the darker version of her but further corrupted from dark to evil. 

That is unlike Luna as Nightmare Moon it isn't just an issue of the darkness becoming too strong it's something far more dangerous and that of pure evil. 

With dark and light  they are part of the quote "grand design" for duality and learning where too much of one or the other can certainly have issues fixing such is just a case of rebalancing things. 

Not the case with evil because if left unchecked it will end life period and when I say end life I DO NOT MEAN PHYSICAL DEATH I specifically mean that it will wipe out the entire system of existence as in no reincarnation, no  moving on etc. The literal end in every sense of the word. 

Now, you might argue that they are simply vampiric in nature and that while certainly dark vampires are not that bad. 

That is somewhat true but vampires know when to stop and how to feed without attacking the spirit. 

In the case of the changelings however Thorax mentioned that when they became uncorrupted or "purified" the plant life started to come back.  That is because  they were draining the energy so fast not even the land could grow back where as if they had just been draining it within what should be their normal amounts the land would still be able to grow. 

I should point out that in a surprising twist that may shock you Thorax and the other changelings that are reformed are NOT creatures of light but of darkness. Yes, they are STILL vampires and still draining energy it's just that the amount they need to drain is so much smaller that it  is not even noticed since they rejoined the "collective spirit" of equestria. 

See, that is the thing Chyrsalis isn't part of "the system" or whatever you want to call it shoot you can even refer to it by the Lion King's whole "circle of life" if you like. 

It is the result of unchecked "service to self" mentality to such an extreme that she can not longer understand what love is at all. To her it is simply an energy or food. Feelings or empathy are beyond her and the only reason she protects her hive or "children" has nothing to do with motherly instincts it is because it is needed evil for her own well being. 

She would either have to be purified  and brought into the the fold as the other changelings were brought back into balance or she would have to be wiped out to protect existence. 

Like I said do keep in mind that the "Reformed" changelings are dark fae not ones of light like the breezies. 

But yes that is what individuals like Queen Chyrsalis are sadly corrupted individuals or fallen angels/deities. 

I have actually heard of an interview on youtube where they were discussing both the nature of evil and a real life version of similar to what happened to Thorax and the other changelings where the souls in question were originally corrupted but given help by showing them their past and how they had gotten off path.   And believe me that actually is the cliff notes version but yeah more or less they went from evil to good from the help that these beings got. Now maybe if you saw it you would think the whole thing was BS and they were just making up stories to sound interesting but regardless I thought it interesting to bring up in here. 

If there are any questions or desire for me to explain any of this further feel free to ask.