Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Queen Chrysalis Fan Club

ShadowFoxz

• 2 weeks later...

Up until recently, Chrysalis had been my favorite FiM villain. I mean aside from her thinking she had won it all in "A Canterlot Wedding," she was fairly clever, had the entire city in her hoof, and just had a great personality IMO.

I still lover her a lot, though Sombra is my #1 villain these days. However, thanks to comics, the level of brutality and, again, her personality have allowed her to rise in my ranks again. She is, for what she is, an awesome villain and solidly my #2.

Dang it, now I need a Chrysalis/Sombra signature...

Up until recently, Chrysalis had been my favorite FiM villain. I mean aside from her thinking she had won it all in "A Canterlot Wedding," she was fairly clever, had the entire city in her hoof, and just had a great personality IMO.

I still lover her a lot, though Sombra is my #1 villain these days. However, thanks to comics, the level of brutality and, again, her personality have allowed her to rise in my ranks again. She is, for what she is, an awesome villain and solidly my #2.

Dang it, now I need a Chrysalis/Sombra signature...

How is Sombra a better villain?

How is Sombra a better villain?

It's subjective, but for me:

1. Sombra is patient and bides his time.

2. His traps were downright effective.

3. The mere mention of his name sent the crystal ponies into full on PTSD.

4. He was neither boastful or arrogant. And even is he was arrogant, he was able to keep in in check.

5. His presence had the most weight (well, aside from maybe Tirek now) as you knew he was there, and that he was a serious threat. The end of "Crystal Empire pt. 1" really sent shivers up my spine.

6. Aside from Tirek, he seemed to be the closest to just being pure evil.

Again, these are my personal reasons. I still love Chrysalis as my #2, but there you go.

• Brohoof 1

It's subjective, but for me:

1. Sombra is patient and bides his time.

2. His traps were downright effective.

3. The mere mention of his name sent the crystal ponies into full on PTSD.

4. He was neither boastful or arrogant. And even is he was arrogant, he was able to keep in in check.

5. His presence had the most weight (well, aside from maybe Tirek now) as you knew he was there, and that he was a serious threat. The end of "Crystal Empire pt. 1" really sent shivers up my spine.

6. Aside from Tirek, he seemed to be the closest to just being pure evil.

Again, these are my personal reasons. I still love Chrysalis as my #2, but there you go.

Is the reason people love villains because they are threatening or evil?

Is the reason people love villains because they are threatening or evil?

It's subjective. Not everyone will share my opinions on Sombra as they will have different preferences.

That's often the reason, yes.

A very cheap one it is then... Imho of there is good design and character development a villain will be liked. You must be able to understand a villain for him to be good ptherwise you just like him her for the way the design or the effectiveness and potential. Never simply because they are evil.

A very cheap one it is then... Imho of there is good design and character development a villain will be liked. You must be able to understand a villain for him to be good ptherwise you just like him her for the way the design or the effectiveness and potential. Never simply because they are evil.

I have to disagree with that personally. For me, one of Sombra's most attractive features is his ambiguity. You don't always need details to be effective, IMO.

I hope she appears again in the show.  I really want them to try to find a way to make peace with the changelings, because I'd love to know more about them.

queen_chrysalis_by_fantazyme-d5ajrdf.jpg

• Brohoof 4

I love this picture regardless.

chrysalis_sombra_glare_by_mickeymonster-

• Brohoof 2

Queen Chrysalis is a strangely cute to me, for some reason. I think it's the hair. Sure, she's no Rarity in terms of looks, but that'd be shooting for the moon on a pogo stick :D

In any case, she's also best villain :D I've been considering ordering a shirt or something of her for quite some time now, because she's my third favorite character in the entire show, behind only Rarity and Applejack, but I don't know.

cute_queen_chrysalis_by_warriordreampoolQueen-Chrysalis-my-little-pony-friendshi

I love this picture regardless.

chrysalis_sombra_glare_by_mickeymonster-

I ship it like FedEx on Weekdays :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Queen Chrysalis is most fabulous villain :D

chrysalis___queen_of_the_crystal_empire_

She may be a villain and evil, but not gonna lie, I think she's an ally of fabulosity :D

queen_chrysalis_t_shirt_design_by_saturd

Am I right in saying that the changlings are the descendants of the flutter ponies?

I don't even know what Flutter ponies are, but no, I'm pretty sure the changelings are their own race, and always have been :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Queen Chrysalis is most fabulous villain :D

chrysalis___queen_of_the_crystal_empire_

She may be a villain and evil, but not gonna lie, I think she's an ally of fabulosity :D

queen_chrysalis_t_shirt_design_by_saturd

I don't even know what Flutter ponies are, but no, I'm pretty sure the changelings are their own race, and always have bee

n :D

It's just a head canon. Flutter ponies are from G1 and in the head canons they became jealous of the other three races and became corrupt. Also flutter ponies had those insect like wings.