Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Golden Corruption

That One Techpriest You Used To Know

Chain Mail walked into the room, silently as always. He had an excuse ready for if he was asked about it, but he stood in the back of the hall, unassuming. He had been been transferred from a lower branch, namely the Luna branch, into the Black Legion for 'exemplary performance' and his diligent training since he was young. And so, he stood at the door, listening in on what was going on.

@

Jaeger stared at the others, carefully listening to what Shadowblade was telling him. He took it in, but remained puzzled as he had been before. "I will sir.....but, why do you think they arn't working towards a better Equestria....I know you've brought up you concerns before, but I'm still not fully understanding them......perhaps we should speak in private once this meeting is over with?" he asked at the end of his statement. He paused before trying to change the subject. "Another time then."

• Brohoof 1

Guardian joined the discussion a bit late. He had recivied his letter, but had to finish up a batch of cures he had been purcuring. He joined the group and waited for a good moment. "Guardian, Commander, in Cures, and Posins, Luna Branch" he said. He wasn't very good with introductions. "I take it you all got the letter also". 

((Sorry for just bursting in))

Charcoal had been working on one of her late night projects when she received the letter and hadn't opened it until the next morning. When she read it she quickly packed and got on the earliest train to Canterlot. Once she had arrived she got to the castle as quickly as possible. Now she was simple waiting while the other talked. She was never really one for social interaction so she just sat in her corner.

• Brohoof 1

@,

Chain Mail, breaking his silence finally spoke up to the sudden outburst. "If you're a member of the Luna Branch than it's a wonder you aren't dead yet." He said. It was 2 things, it drew attention to him, as he was late himself, and herself, which in her line of business could get you killed. 

"So, care to explain why you're so late?" He asked, making sure to shift any blame onto her before someone could point out he was late himself.

@,

Sunny had a difficult time paying attention, often times giggling to herself as she imagined all the ponies talking with Moon Crypt's voice. It wasn't that the mare didn't take the situation seriously but rather that the scene appeared to grim for her liking. Sunny found it best not to get involved with the conversations until her contribution was actually needed. Thusly, she simply plopped to a sit and smiled as she watched the ponies around her. 

"well it was be a little late, or posin most of the town, i chose the safer option.  Making posins is difficult you know. Secondly, i didn't realize these were enemies, unlike you i know when to be quiet." Guardian snapped. "And who are you" he asked. Generally he liked other members of the Luna Branch, but this one...

Edited by Lask

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny's eyes remained fixed on observing the ponies around her as she chuckled lightly, speaking strangely quiet for a pony of her...traits, "I suppose I am...look at them though...all the frowns and fear. You can see it all over them." She surprising frowned lightly with her ears drooping sullenly. Quickly she brightened her mood back up and smiled kindly to Charcoal. "Name's Sunny ma'am. Can I ask what your's is?" she softly asked.

@,

Chain Mail sighed. "Chain Mail, Black Legion." He answered giving his name and position. "That said, in what sense is making poison hard. And how would you end up poisoning the town if you were working in a safe area with no unmonitored channels to the outside world." He added, questioning the validity of the excuse provided. "Also, I never said why I didn't like that you busted in the door. I only thought it. How would you know it was because it draws attention to yourself, and that can get you killed unless you had telepathy..." He said, further questioning the other late pony. He wanted an accurate response since he knew that telepathy could be a REALLY bad thing in this meeting.

Guardian thought to him 'Dont test me'. "Making posion is hard, you have to monitor and add ingredients, its really a pain. Dont test me, and beliveve me it can be hard. Imagine cutting a peice of paper into 1000 identical bits, then re aranging them, all the while you know that if you mess up you die" Guardian said. "also not just posion. Cures, which in fact i have with me." He produced several bottles of golden liquid. "happy?".

"Oh yes. I never said it's a tedious task, or an enjoyable one. It's just not hard. I've had to do it myself. In fact, I still do to keep in practice." He said, producing several bottles of his own. These were labled in a cryptic language, all different colors, the most clearly poisonous one was a bright red color. "I was in the Luna Branch before I was transferred up." He said, placing them back in his saddle back. "But, based on your description I'd say your still wet behind the ears.@,

@@Charcoal Embers,

Sunny brightened up a little at Charcoal's words, not doubting the truth behind them in any way. The poor mare was just itching to strike up a song like she always did but had to control her urges as she responded to Charcoal, almost singing the words out, "Pleasure to meet ya Charcoal. Sorry about the ma'am part." Sunny then shrugged apologetically before changing the subject. "So you got a letter too huh? What branch are you from?" she piped.

@@GameytheGeemer

Guardian took a carful look at the bottles, easily transfering the language. He began to laugh "That is the best you can come up with. HAHA. Now little potion brewer put the bottles back before you hurt someone. Anyway enough pointless argument, why are we here, my letter simply told me to come here." he said. He chuckled again at  Chainmails tiny little potions. He looked carfully at chianmail, dominace would be in order.

Lee had taken a few steps back when the door opened, and was about to shift back when he noticed his superiors walk in to the room. He took a few steps back and almost backed in to the real solar sentinel. He felt Solar's confusion and stopped just before bumping in to him and turned around to face him. He was thinking about how to explain himself, but was relived from doing it when Moon Crypt and the other Inquisitors started talking. After being asked to shift back, he was about to, when he heard Moon Crypt comment that he wouldn't make him do any such thing. He nodded his thanks to him, but decided to make things a little easier for everyone and shifted back to his normal form (((when I say normal, I mean his unicorn form. He considers that his normal form now, seeing as he doesn't like being associated with his brothers and sisters that abandoned him))). In a flash of green flame, He shifted back and walked up to the line of Inquisitors. "Lee, Luna Branch. Reporting sir." He then took a few steps back and decided to watch and see how the rest of the meeting would unfold.

@

Guardian looked over and held out his hoof. "Am Guardian, i don't believe we've met. Am also Luna Branch. Ah, i know you, your that changleing. I've seen you before, good to finally meet you." he said. She thought to chainmail 'see i told you'. She would have to replenish her potion stock, mental translation potions were hard to make, it would be worth it in the long run.

Edited by Lask

@

Guardian looked over and held out his hoof. "Am Guardian, i don't believe we've met. Am also Luna Branch." she said. She thought to chainmail 'see i told you'. She would have to replenish her potion stock, mental translation potions were hard to make, it would be worth it in the long run.

Upon hearing the words Luna Branch, Lee turned around and was hit with a wave of competitiveness coming off the pony who had just revealed their name to be Guardian. Lee smiled back and replied "Charmed." He studied guardian for a moment, then looked at Chainmail. "Is there something wrong with you two? I'm sensing quite the competitive feelings going on between you two right now." 

@

@@GameytheGeemer

"Why no. There's nothing wrong with me. He just thinks that brewing poisons is hard. I rather disagree with him, as it becomes only tedious until you've memorized the properties of many of the things. Then even making a custom brew becomes much easier." He told to Lee before returning to his 'competition'. 

"Well, if it weren't for this." He said, pulling out a small vial. It was a perfectly clear liquid with no label. "Enough specialty made neurotoxin to kill a full grown Hydra. Besides, if you actually thought that I wouldn't use even further coding than standard on my personal recipes than you should reevaluate you're beliefs." He added, the fact that all of his labels had much weaker potions names on them was a part of his much more complicated coding. "If you decided to take samples, you'd find I've got toxins you've only ever read about on me." He said, still boasting his own skill. "Including the infamous Dragon's Water." He said, pulling a very small vial out. It would be unlike anything a normal alchemist would have seen. It was after all one of the hardest things to brew. It almost certainly what Guardian would be brewing because it won't kill mass amounts, only people with the targeted DNA that's brewed in with it. This was his last resort pills.

Lee just shook his head as most of the alchemical talk flew over his head. He just nodded seriously and said, "I see" Which was basically a lie because he did anything but see. He nonchalantly walked away and took up a position in a corner where he could watch what was happening, and sense every pony's emotions, without drawing to much attention to himself.

Guardian continued to laugh. "you are clearly the one behind on potion brewing." He also pulled out a small vial of teal liquid. "This is very efficent. Like Dragon's Water more more effective, it can transfer from person to person to person. it could infect a whole city, an donly kill the one its intended to kill. As for memorising, you can never memorise all the ingridients, there are always new ones, that can be combined in different ways, you are a fool to think that ingredents have only one one use. Now enough bickering, there are more important things to be done"

Edited by Lask

@,

Solar Sentinel

Solar looked at Flare Blitz. "To be honest, Today is the first time I've been down here sir. The princess just said for me to continue my regular duties until called for. Once I got the letter, I knew it was time." Solar took a deep breath before continuing. "If I may ask a question sir, which unit where you in when you were recruited to be an Inquisitioner? I am from the 743 Sky Guard."

By this time, Solar noticed that a few more ponies had filed into the room

"Permission to mingle with my fellow Inquistioners Sir? In the Sky Guard, we trust each other with each others lives. I feel it is important to at least know something about the ponies that you go into battle with, however not too close as you become attached. In the 473rd we are like brothers sir, but know when duty calls and know that sometimes a pony must make the ultimate sacrifice for Equestria's safety."

@@Aerodynas

"It's alright, I just hate formal titles. Reminds me of, well... everypony that lives in Canterlot." Charcoal said, expressing her dislike for the ponies in Canterlot. "And I'm in the Lunar branch. And I assume you are a singer? It isn't hard to tell that you are just itching to sing right now."

@@, @@GameytheGeemer,@@@Charcoal Embers@,

With the arguing having broken out, Flare Blitz sighed. "Personally, I've been recruited through the 31st Blackbirds. I was their captain. Ten years later, I was elected to the position of Lord Inquisitor, and, later, a Councilpony, and I had to let them go, much to the soldier's dismay. I still visit them when I can." He sighed. "And, yes, go ahead and socialize if you wish."

A few of the Lord Inquisitors slid back away from Chain Mail and Lask. When it reached a cresendo with potions, Grand Inquisitor Karma growled, "Enough. Next thing I know, I'll have to deal with you two trying to poison each other. How about we both put the poisons away and try to socialize like friends, yes?"

He sighed and stood up. "Well, let us get ready. Come on, councilponies. We'll call you when ready." He added to the others. "Try not to kill each other, yes?" Shaking his head, he led the others out into a larger pair of double doors on the other side. The only one that stayed behind was Moon Crypt.

Moon Crypt nodded silently to Lee. "Hello, friend." He looked at the others. "If it's any concern to you, Chain Mail, you came in late, too, so I don't know why you are trying to poison the entire Inquisition with some of the most potent poisons in the world." He said with a jovial tone, yet with a warning behind his voice, his blue eyes glinting in the light. He sat down on one of the seats around the room, observing each of them silently.

Jaeger went to take a seat, keeping his gaze on Shadowblade. He looked around at the other ponies who had recently joined into the meeting room. He decided it would be best to at least find one ally.

@@Skycoaster

Jaeger walked around the room until he found Solar. "Hey..." he muttered as he stood next to him. "So...any more questions or are you out?" he said giving a slight chuckle.