Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MrPandaa

As far as I know, my dad's side is mostly from around Austria/Germany area (though there may be some Portuguese from what I've heard recently) and my mom's side is mostly from around the British Isles (I believe mostly Scottish, but I don't entirely know. It's a bit more vague). 

• 3 years later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm half Lao and Korean.

If you want a quick storytime then.... peep here: 

Spoiler

I don't know much about my Korean side, long story short my birth father left my mom suddenly when I was born. So i've grown up in a Laotian home my whole life basically.

What I know about my mom's Lao side (stitching together various stories told by my mom and grandparents here as best as I can), my grandparents met each other during some civil war stuff happening in Laos and other events involving (northern) Vietnam. I think France and U.S. too.

My grandma came from somewhere in northern Laos from nobility status and had to flee to Luang Prabang. And my grandpa came from southern Laos as a rice farmer but he fled because he didn't want to get captured or forced to enlist. Idk if his destination was Luang Prabang but he ended up there and met my grandma. Then they did some odd jobs, had my mom there, and then used all the money they had in the mid 70's to take a boat and land in Cali.

Hop around the country for a bit, land here in NC and boom somehow I ended up here :P :sealed:

I don't know any history before that, it would be nice to know but Asian ancestry can be a bit difficult to get specifics of. Well, other than my great grandpa (grandma's dad) being kinda similar to a knight which is why they were considered nobility.

There ya go that's all I got to share :toldya: