Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Favorite Pixar and Dreamworks movie?

Fireworks

Pixar: My favorite from them would be Cars, and that is largely because I see the movie as a case-study in geography. Yeah, the racing action is fun & all and the characters are awesome, but the beauty of this movie lies in its message, IMO. While it isn't saying that the interstate system is bad, it showcases a legitimate issues in regards to how they can affect communities that would normally benefit from traffic. Add in the visuals that showcase the beauty of the land, and you have one spectacular and underrated Pixar film, IMO.

Dreamworks: My favorite here would the be vastly underrated Sinbad: Legend of the Seven Seas. There isn't much that I can say except that it is a pure adventure movie with some fun action here and there. The characters are actually pretty interesting and the hand-drawn animation is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I like the fact that the female character isn't just some princess but an ambassador with actual responsibilities. Overall, the movie is great, and it is a crime that it didn't do well, IMO.

For Pixar, it's Toy Story 3. Concluded the trilogy in the best possible way and also made me cry a little.

For Dreamworks, Prince of Egypt. In a lot of ways it didn't shy away from the things it was portraying and ended up with some incredible storytelling and incredible scenes.

• 4 months later...

Pixar: Finding Nemo: Great plot and characters. The setting also makes the viewing experience relaxing.

Dreamworks: Shrek: Good combination of fairy tales, comedy, and adventure. The soundtrack is good too.

Pixar - Toy Story 2 and the Incredibles

Dreamworks - Shrek 2 and Kung Fu Panda

Adding UP, Road to El Dorado and Kung Fu Panda 2 to these

Edited by Megas75

Pixar- The Incredibles.

The characters were extraordinarily well-written, and it managed to be dark, edgy, lighthearted, and heartwarming, all at the same time.

Dreamworks- How Train Your Dragon.

Vikings. Dragons. Vikings riding dragons. Explosions.

That's some Oscar-worthy shit.

• Brohoof 1

Pixar: Toy Story 3 is my favorite and Up is my second fav :) Both of these movies make me cry everytime I see them ^_^ Plus the animation in each is truly amazing :D

Dreamworks: Shrek! Going with a classic here, it's just a movie that's stayed with me for so long, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it no matter how old I get :)

Also, How To Train Your Dragon 2 is pretty much Dreamworks' Magnum Opus at this point ^_^ That animation is beyond superb :o

Edited by Pink Mist