Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Game Idea I came up with today... (long read) (One S4 E2 Spoiler)

Heatwave

It's based heavily off of the Legend of Zelda. Doesn't have a name, but it doesn't really matter because I can't do anything about it other than enjoy visions of it in my head, and listen to the boss music for it on my iPod (bunch of fan made themes, etc. None of them are mine). I thought of this after finding some fan "boss music" of Nightmare Rarity.

Here's everything I've got:

The basic idea is, it takes place after the mane 6 lose their Elements of Harmony. A Dark Force comes to equestria, and starts taking over the minds of all of the shows antagonists.

You pick one of the Mane 6 to be, and the rest follow you around and help you as you go through dungeons, fighting enemies and Bosses (the antagonists) in a Legend of Zelda Style.

Each playable character of the mane 6 would have very different attacks, abilities, strenghts, and weaknesses. You will need to switch between them to accomplish certain tasks in a Sonic Heros style, but not that often.

Bosses in order as they are encountered:

-Nightmare Moon (travel into everfree forest to Luna/Celestia's old castle (the dungeon)

-Nightmare Rarity (Rarity in team gets taken by nightmare,,,"gas?" after defeat of Nightmare moon. If main character is rarity, opportunity will be given to switch) (IDK where her dungeon would be)

-Discord (dungeon is Ponyville, the Chaos Capital of the world)

-Queen Chrysalis (Changling Hive Dungeon)

-King Sombra (Crystal Empire "Spire" dungeon)

-Sunset Shimmer (Crystal Empire "Spire" dungeon)

-Trixie (IDK dungeon)

Notes:

-The Nightmare rarity dungeon would be filled with 4 traps. Each trap would take the character the player chose as his mane character and force you to choose another. Of course, the player doesn't know this, so his best or favorite would be the first taken (or second best fav is rarity is first) and would be left with one character to fight nightmare rarity with that they only sort of like or are average with (assuming they figured it out mid way through), and the cutscene before the battle would change based on which character it was. Once Nightmare Rarity was defeated, the "Nightmare Gas" would be destroyed by rarity and the character left, and the remaining 4 would appear.

-They would return to ponyville to find that Discord has taken it over again, but this time left plenty to prevent them from getting to him (you'd still have his fight with all 6 ponies)

-Sombra and Sunset Shimmer dungeons would be one right after the other, you beat sombra just in time for Sunset to come through the mirror and take it over herself. You would have left the spire by this point, so you would need to go through it again, but with different obstacles. Same rooms, different challenges.

-Yes, Trixie is final boss. IDK why, just accept it.

-Trixie's castle would be in the same style as ganon's castle, where you have to go down 6 different paths to open a door. The paths of Honesty, Loyalty, Kindness, Generosity, Laughter, and Magic. These paths will test their respective characters development of their element. The Mane 6 are forced to split and go down their respective paths. At the end of each is a mini boss that represents the opposite of the element that the character must fight alone.

Fluttershy Vs Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon (kind vs rude/bully)

AppleJack Vs The Flim Flam Brothers (Honesty vs Dishonesty/taking advantage of others)

Pinkie Pie Vs Gilda (Laughter vs Spite)

Rainbow Dash Vs Lightning Dust (Loyalty vs I'll do anything to get ahead, even at the cost of others/friends)

Rarity Vs Hoity Toity (Best I could come up with) (Generosity vs Greed/I want it my way)

Twilight Sparkle vs An Ursa Major (not one of those lame minors, the real macoy)

For Twilight Sparkle, there wasn't really an opposite of Magic, so I just tried to choose one that would really test her mastery of it.

The player would play through all 6 paths one at a time in any order they choose.

-Trixies battle would consist of her being more powerful and using advanced magic. She would split herself into 6 ponies, and divide the arena between the 6 friends, and fight each one on one at the same time (one at a time for the player) Each Trixie would have different attacks and abilities that exploit the main character that she's fighting's weakness. This match would be fought in the specified order of: Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, AppleJack, Twilight Sparkle (Mainly due to music flow, and the real match of Trixie v Twilight would need to be last For the twilight sparkle match, it would be purely magic v magic in a duel of epic proportions to prove who has mastered it better.

If any one of these characters loses, the player loses and must start over from Fluttershy.

-Each character has 2 helps they can call upon at any time if they are the lead. One is a "big brute," and the other is their respective pet. The "Big brute" would help them fight, while the pet would bring items, potions, etc to aid them. They can call upon either of these at any time except in the battle with Trixie. (at the cost of something, like magic-in-LoZ idea)

Helpers:

Apple Jack: Big Mac and Winona

Twilight Sparkle: Spike (grown up) and Owliscious

Fluttershy: That bear in MMC and S4E1, and Angel

Rarity: The Bigger Diamond Dog and Opal

Haven't come up with a big brute for the other 2 yet...

I have all the music picked out for every boss fight, every mini boss fight, and each trixie battle (yes they'd all be different...one theme would get really old). That'd be a lot of work to post though...

One question I can't decide on though...Is the dark force Trixie's fault, or is Trixie (being evil) the Dark forces fault?

Well, that's all I got. Yes, that's a lot of thought put into a game that will never see the light. I just think like that.

Thoughts? Epic? Epic fail? Would you like to see this happen? Ideas to add? etc?

Edited by Heatwave