Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Trying out my new tablet

BananaSplit

So after finally getting internet back, I spent the night fighting with my new tablet and SAI. This was the end result:

Posted Image

My intent was to get everything set up to emulate a pencil sketch as closely as possible. I think I may have have been a little to successful, as it's a little messier than I would like, but eh, whatever...

• Brohoof 8

I'd say that's a fine testrun. ;)

I have a Bamboo tablet myself, but i still need some reasonable software for it.

I'd recommend Photoshop or Paint tool SAI. Those are the commonly used softwares :)
  • Brohoof 1

looking very good since you are new to tablets ^^

I'd say that's a fine testrun. ;)

I have a Bamboo tablet myself, but i still need some reasonable software for it.

i would also reccromend that you get paint tool sai and its very cheap compared to photoshop..... as if anyone buys photoshop anyways ...

i would also reccromend that you get paint tool sai and its very cheap compared to photoshop..... as if anyone buys photoshop anyways ...

Or you could pay nothing and get GIMP or Paint.NET. They're very, very close to their paid counterparts. Edited by Pony Joe

I know a couple of people who use SAI and Photoshop in conjuction. Personally I prefer PS because I've learned some of the tricks, but really the best bet is whatever you're most comfortable with.

I know a couple of people who use SAI and Photoshop in conjuction. Personally I prefer PS because I've learned some of the tricks, but really the best bet is whatever you're most comfortable with.

looking very good since you are new to tablets ^^

Ahem!

And what comes to Drawing ponies, Photoshop is the better tool but for really enjoyable drawing experience also OpenCanvas is really good and has many functions SAI lacks.

http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/oc/download/

Great test run! I always thought that Tablets made a big difference...

You also have a more unique style of pony art, compared to other people: that's good! How much does the tablet cost though? I was looking into prices at some point, and it seemed way too steep.

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Great test run! I always thought that Tablets made a big difference...

You also have a more unique style of pony art, compared to other people: that's good! How much does the tablet cost though? I was looking into prices at some point, and it seemed way too steep.

Thanks! This one cost me about $90, its a Genius G-pen m712.

I am in LOVE with that style <3 Especially the eyes, they look so big and shiny

Thanks. :D

It's good, but what is up with her body being smaller than her legs ._. for a tablet test this is awesome, though :D

Due to the perspective, most of her body is hidden behind her hindquarters.

So my pen died almost immediately after that first picture, had to order a new one, etc etc. So, have some kinda creepy humanoid Pinkie.

Posted Image

Edited by BananaSplit

(edited)

I need to get a tablet. They apparently make a massive difference. Nice drawings. The pinkie one scares me. XD

Yeah, it is a little scary. I think her torso is a big part of that, too much definition compared to everything else. Edited by BananaSplit