Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

DAT COMMUNITY!

Warbalist

Hello, everypony,

Wow, it still seems weird typing that...but I'm sure to get used to it.

Here's a semi-familiar story:

At the request of one of my students (and his explanation of who worked on it), I started watching the show, not too long ago. The theme song was difficult to get through for a long time due to childhood brain programming, but you know the drill by now. Everything about the show=awesome.

Anyway, this liking of the show turned into something more. I tend to blame it on the hopeful tone of the show in general (everypony wants to better themselves and the world around them), and, as if I need to tell you, this feeling inspires something in all artists. That feeling when you cannot believe what information your eyes are sending you?

You know the one.

The one that tells you to never stop. The one that keeps you up at night, creating. The one that asks you, "if your fellow humans were able to accomplish this, what are you able to contribute?"

So I started composing music based off of the characters' likes and dislikes, using a LOT of hypothesizing.

Then I found the community...

Good lord.

I have never seen a fanbase grow so quickly and attract such huge amounts of immensely talented individuals! This is what truly blew me away. And raising money for charity? As soon as I saw the fanmade artwork, music, animation, etc., I was like: "Sign me up." Still took me a while but I'm here, now.

Hope to meet all of you really soon, and hopefully, maybe even collaborate with some of you awesome people!

As part of my introduction, here's the first pony music I uploaded into my new YouTube account (though it was the second written...derp...). There are some great pieces of music out there; here's hoping this brightens somepony's day.

• Brohoof 1

Late-Welcome to the herd!

It is great to know that another person has actually been tolerant enough to TRY watching My Little Pony. Assuming that I am reading correctly.... you are a teacher? Sometimes knowing the values available in this show help people in their jobs, it is truly a good experience. I will be seeing you on the forums!

• Brohoof 1

Thank you all for such a warm welcome.

DaringDo: Yes, I'm a music teacher, guitar player and when my persuasion skills are good enough, a composer.

This forum is already a billion times nicer than any guitar forum I've ever been on! Way more super-nice, like-minded people.