Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fan fiction Highschool Equestrians

Finesthour

Trotting slowly, as to not bring attention to herself, a large white equine trotted through the halls of her massive home, enjoying the alone time that her small walks brought. They gave her time to think, which was a rarity in her hectic life at the princess. Even with the absence of wind within the hallway, her hair bustled around her head. Surprisingly enough the princess’s mane never seemed to get in her way, which even surprised her. Continuously wandering through the halls of her castle, the image of the young student she had taken on months ago appeared into her mind to the point that it was all she could think about. One side of her mind worried over the fact that she was a social outcast at such a young age, while the other enjoyed such a diligent worker. A short chuckle escaped her lips as she thought of the student as they first met, her magical ability greater than any pony she had seen at such a young age. The aspect of such a pony interested the princess to the point that she took on the young pony as her own apprentice.

But since that day, the young apprentice who was named Twilight Sparkle began to leave her room at the castle less frequently until the point to where she never left at all. The princess could not help but worry about Twilight, seeing her social life slowly sink into the lowest pits. Possibilities of what the princess could do for her student popped into her mind as she turned a corner into a seemingly endless hallway with glass paintings hanging over her head. A single idea rose above all of the others, telling her brain that this was the one idea that could work to save her young students life as a young filly. Send her to the public school of Ponyville.

Turning yet another page of the massive spell book, Twilight established a slow chant, closing her eyes to concentrate. Once the chant shifted into a loud yell, a light began to form around the base of the purple unicorn’s horn. Screaming once again, Twilight managed to yell,

“Lux!” As if by magic, the room swiftly turned bright, a small orb of light came into view at the center of Twilight’s room. A quiet,

“Twi-Twilight... turn the lights off...” Opening her eyes, Twilight’s concentration now broke, the orb of light disappearing into thin air. With a grin she turned around to look at the small pet bed that her baby dragon slept. She noticed that his purple scales were sticking up, and his face was squished together in annoyance. Giggling softly she said to him,

“Sorry about that Spike. Got a little carried away with my studying...” His heavy eyes slowly opened to reveal how exhausted he really was. Red blotches blanketed sections of his pupils, not able to sleep with his friends constant studying. Stretching his small body on the bed he called out,

“Twi... it is so late... can you stop studying for like... five minutes?” Spikes question was returned with giggling and was answered with,

“Spike, I have been awake for a while. It is morning you know! Early bird catches the-”

“Yeah, early bird catches the worm, I know..” Yawning loudly, Spike stepped out of his bed and planted his feet on the ground, walking towards Twilight. She sat at the center of the room with her spell book still laying on the ground, which made Spike smile softly. Picking up the massive book with his small hands, he carried the book away from the purple pony, much to her displeasure.

“Spike! I need to study!” She frantically shuffled off of the ground and trotted over to Spike, trying to grab at the book again. Spike wrapped his arms around the book that was bigger than his own body, and looked as if he was hugging the book. He tried to continue walking, but Twilight’s horn began to glow once more, and a purple mist surrounded the book around Spike’s arms. Suddenly, Spike began to rise off of the ground with the book in hand, refusing to let go. Twilight stomped her hoof when she saw that he would not let go and said,

“Spike! I need to study now! The princess is counting on me!” Spike kept his head planted on the cover of the book and shook it, still refusing to let go. Twilight cried out in frustration and brought the book down with Spike around it, her annoyance hitting the maximum she an handle. She put her hoof on the book and said with desperation,

“Give it to me Spike! Now!” Once again Spike shook his head and answered with a,

“Nuh uh!” Twilight began to struggle with the baby dragon, trying to pry away the book from his small arms. In the tussle that they were having, neither noticed that a small letter appeared under the door frame, sealed with the royal stamp. With Spikes acute hearing however, he heard the letter softly hit the floor, scuffling across the floor as if it was moving with great speed. Spike let go of the book and pointed at the letter, which Twilight’s gaze soon followed. The letter now rested on the floor, causing Spike to slowly walk towards it, picking it up in his hands. Curiosity glowed in both of the individuals eyes as they followed the letter towards the counter at the side of the room. Placing the letter on the wooden counter, Spike turned to Twilight and asked,

“Can I open it now Twilight, or later?” Twilight looked down at the letter again, and noticed the royal stamp that was placed at the base. Her smile spreading across her face, Twilight said,

“Yes Spike, that would be appropriate.” Joy now apparent on Spike’s face, he picked up the letter and opened it, being ever so careful not to shred it with his small claws. Once he folded the paper open, he began to read the contents slowly.

To my faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.

I request your audience in the chamber of my study at Nine in the morning sharp on important matters.

I have some subjects that I wish to speak about with you, and I will be very disappointed if you do not make an appearance.

Do not let me down.

From,

Princess Celestia

Cocking her head slightly, Twilight’s smile was soon replaced with confusion. What could the Princess want to talk about... was she in trouble? Had she done something wrong? Was she a bad student... Or worse, has she disappointed her teacher!? Or... could it be that the Princess wanted to congratulate her on her good work? Or maybe a prize of some sort?

The look of confusion that she had moments ago was once again replaced, this time with joy. The thought of her mentor praising her sent ripples of joy throughout her entire purple body, her excitement now through the roof. Spike lowered the letter down to where he could see Twilight and said,

“Would you like to send a letter back, or wait until it is time to go?” Twilight pondered his question in her mind much shorter than she usually did and trotted past him toward the door. Opening it with her right hoof, she stepped outside. Turning her head to face Spike she said,

“I have decided to go now. No point in making her wait, and no point in not going early! And while you’re at it Spike, clean up the mess in here please!” After she said this, she closed the door as Spike called back in disgust, being forced to clean up the mess that she had made. Within a few seconds however, he smiled up at the door and said within his mind,

“Twilight sure is weird...”

SO MUCH FOR "PRE-READ IT FIZZY"

</3

0/10 for not letting me pre-read it. Also haven't read it yet, brb to read.

SO MUCH FOR "PRE-READ IT FIZZY"

</3

0/10 for not letting me pre-read it. Also haven't read it yet, brb to read.

Alex wanted me to put it up .-.

And everyone gets to be a pre-reader <3

Alex wanted me to put it up .-.

And everyone gets to be a pre-reader <3

You lied to me hoe, thanks a lot. </3

So far its looking pretty good. This is the beginning of the story so the length is acceptable.

However, I would make it longer for future chapters. :)

So far its looking pretty good. This is the beginning of the story so the length is acceptable.

However, I would make it longer for future chapters. :)

This isn't even the first chapter...

My girlfriend just wanted me to upload it.