Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

(Planning) The Continuum

GameytheGeemer

I came up with an idea while walking my dog (most of my ideas come during that) for an animated special production.

(Remember, for the most part the specifics aren't set in stone, if you can work out better bits I would LOVE to hear them. I am rather new to this, so I'll always have an ear open)

Basically, it will focus on the other members of the natural continuum (based off of the Q Continuum from Star Trek for reference) coming to Ponyville to have a reunion with Discord and everything ending in a Chaos Off. Since there is no one FUN enough in the continuum that would go along with a Chaos Off as the judge, they get Celestia as the judge with the threat of chaos that even Discord alone couldn't bring on his own as incentive. And so, the continuum sets up a special stadium to keep the chaos localized in the Everfree forest, and teleport all of Ponyville into the stands where they could safely observe the show in relative safety.

(If you're wondering why the spirits of things other than Chaos would go up against Discord at his own game, they all have the potential for chaos, they just aren't the manifestation of it. It's a sort of catch all art show where they demonstrate their power and let off some steam)

The games start up with the inventive mutations on animals, going in the order of Origin (Spirit of Creation) Lawful (Spirit of the law) Balance (Spirit of Harmony, planter of the tree of harmony), Void (Spirit of Destruction), Discord (Do I need to tell you that he's the spirit of Chaos), and finish off with Trouble (Spirit of Lawlessness/Rule Breaking). Rather predictably, Discord wipes the floor with them. That is, until Trouble shows up. Trouble is able to come up with several mutations just as chaotic and random as his brothers.

And so, it goes on like that, Brother vs Brother, neck and neck until the final event.

That's all I have so far, so I need the help of writers to help me finish the plot and write the script, Voice Actors for all the parts, Musicians for the BGM-Opening-and Ending Theme, Animators and Editors to make it look good, and that's about all I can think of.

The timeline I have is when the script is done, we'll have about 1 month to practice and final auditions will take place 1 month after that. Then 1 month after final casting will be the final recording.

Opinions and Sign ups below.

(no parts are final yet. They'll be cemented about a month before final recording.)

Origin:

Void: 

Balance:

Discord: 

Lawful:

Trouble:@

Celestia:

Luna:

Twilight:

Rainbow:

Fluttershy:

Rarity:

Applejack:@

Extras (OCs that will be in the crowd W/ BG ponies)

Musicians

@

Writers

@

@,

@@Pat.Rio.T.

Concept Artists

Animators

Those are just all the parts I can think of right off the top of my head.

Character designs (for the continuum)

Lawful: It will be more humanoid and be based on Lady Justice (though more androgynous than the fair lady) with iconic symbols like the blindfold, sword, and scale. Will be one of the few Draconequuis of the continuum.

Void: It will have 6 arms and swords, will be pitch black with some white shading lines. Visual ques can be taken from Shiva in all of her forms

------------------

For the writers, I figure that this will be one of the details we discus in PM but it never hurts, but the general personality of each of the continuum, that I've worked out so far will be as following.

Origin & Void: Unlike the others, these 2 are both very philosophical . They are locked in perpetual debate, and keep each others powers in check. Void is much rather quick to anger, but his rage is often quickly depleted. Origin is much more calm and allows things to happen with out intervention. He often only invokes his power to the fullest to keep beings safe from Void and during the Chaos Games.

Discord & Order: Who needs an example of Discord's Personality. Order is often less fun, but is honestly a surprising amount like Celestia. He is however a substantial amount more tolerant to Discord's antics than the Princess of the Sun.

Lawful & Trouble: Lawful is, for lack of a better term, not fun. He focuses strictly on preserving the will of the laws, and always comes in dead last in the Chaos Games as to brew up chaos would be to go against the natural law of things. Trouble on the other hand goes out of his way to break the rules. He usually ranks first or second in the Chaos Games, either by cheating or his own wild imagination that is required to break rules in all the ways he does. 

Edited by GameytheGeemer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sign me up as a musician. Perfect timing, 'cause my schedule just got free from the holidays. I'll try my best, for I've got a lot of OC themes I need to work on. 

Just a quick question, would you need BGM all throughout the episodes, or just the opening and closing themes?

This sounds pretty amazing, I'll be happy to be on board as a writer and maybe a voice actor. 

Brother vs Brother,

I guess voicing Trouble would be out of my league, and I had some really good auditioning lines too. :(

But I'm happy to be onboard as a writer. 

@,

The opening song will be about 1:30 and the closing will probably be about 2 minutes.

@,

I'll need to hear an audition first. Then I'll be able to say yes or no. Also, I'll need a name for your OC. 

Nevermind about the Fluttershy auditioning...

My OC's name is Star Burst. And I could be a writer if you want.

(edited)

@,

That's more of a saying. In all honesty. Since all of the members of the continuum are immortal gods they don't have set genders. You can audition for any character.

And thank you. I'll put you under the writers as soon as I'm done. 

@,

The opening would be more rocking, but I figure that we'll get that worked out when we start the scripting process. 

@,

Added you in the Writer staff. Adding Star Burst under the Extra's list now

Edited by GameytheGeemer

For the time being, I am announcing that we need more Writers. I'll still be approving other positions, but we need the writers over everything else because everything rides on having a completed script.

In the words of somebody (If this isn't a thing than myself)

"You can have the best script and poor actors and have a fairly average movie, but if you have a poor script and good actors than you will have a poor movie."

@,

Well all of the continuum are rather androgynous. Literally anyone can get the part if they sound about right for the part. But like I put up there, Voice Acting won't be for a good while to come, It will likely go on about when the animation gets started.

Also, you can register your OCs as Extras and do the voice for them in the crowd scenes. Granted, those will take the most work. 

I could try my hand at writing, (did you look at my work?) and as for voice acting, I would love to do it, except my computer is not set up for it. I don't have any good recording equipment, and I won't be able to get any for a long time(like after I graduate at the very least).