Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Bucky McGillyCuddy

How are you doing guys,

So recently I've been bitten (pretty badly) by the fandoms creativity bug and I've been thinking about starting a comic / manga series. I wanted to do a quick-ish sketch that would kind of capture the tone I want the series to run with. I've got some basic stuff down for the story etc but at the moment I'm just experimenting with the character art style. I'm trying to keep it as close to the show as possible but also make it a little my own. It is a drawing on paper that I took a photo of and traced over in Autodesk Sketchbook (which was the first time I've used it and it's such a refined piece of software). Anyway, here it is...

post-8423-0-58389900-1387370311_thumb.png

Any sort form of constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. Even a comment on whether you like it or not would be awesome.

A couple of extra questions I have.

1. Do you enjoy reading MLP related comics in general?
  2. What is a good reading length, for example a certain amount of pages or time it takes to finish reading?

post-8423-0-69094300-1387370650_thumb.png

Thanks for reading  :)

Edited by Bucky_McGillycuddy
  • Brohoof 1

I love reading comics, especially mlp ones. I'm guessing you just didn't color this cause it's a sketch. Overall I think it sounds like a great idea. As of length...I feel as if it should keep me busy for a little bit. Creating one giant story then splitting it up similar to the idw comics is just about right. Just don't forget to make the pictures have awesome colors, that's what really draws me in. :P

• Brohoof 1

That's an awesome drawing - it would fit right in with my idea of MLP Manga.

I enjoy the IDW comics, they're humorous and capture the viewing of the show perfectly.

Personally, 20 pages is enough for a chapter Manga-wise.

• Brohoof 1

i would love reading this!

i'm following numerous MLP fan comics at the moment, and yours looks like it would be an amazing read.

for a manga, i would say around 20-30 pages for a chapter, and i dunno how much chapters. but alot would be awesome!

• Brohoof 1