Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Roleplaying Section?

PrincessLuna

I for one would support just more catagories in general. I can honestly see the SC Courner getting clogged with thousands of topics, and the rest only having a few hundred.

And RPs do not deserve to be grouped with regular forum games. If more people who love RPs come here, that could just lead to a mess. Thats the biggest problem I see with the current grouping.

Totally called this.

But yeah, I support.

If we have a role-playing section, would we have to be (if we have ponies for our names/avatars) the ponies in our usernames/avatars? Like I'd be BerryPunch. Because, if I were to say: "i'm lyra" and have a berrypunch UN/Av, Ithink things could get annoying...

Also I support this idea a lot.

Er, no, Berry. We would not be limited by our usernames, nor should we be judged by them. Pinkie Pie the user might set up a tread where she plays as Celestia and assign Mane cast members to whoever signs up, including Pinkie Pie. Or someone could just say "We're not having the mane cast!" or "No ponies from the show!" in their RP and Pinkie would sign up as, oh, some OC she makes.

I

AM IN SUPPORT OF ROLE PLAY IT WILL ASSIST FORUM INTEGRITY.

I'd say that whoever gets the name of the pony first gets to RP them unless said otherwise, for example I'm Luna and shall RP Luna and no one else, if someone else was to join as 'Luna' they would not be able to RP as Luna however, if I was to say that I no longer wanted to RP Luna and step down, someone could take my place, the fact that you can change your display name easily on this website makes it so much easier as well!

Although their is also the option of OC character to roleplay

I'd say that whoever gets the name of the pony first gets to RP them unless said otherwise, for example I'm Luna and shall RP Luna and no one else, if someone else was to join as 'Luna' they would not be able to RP as Luna however, if I was to say that I no longer wanted to RP Luna and step down, someone could take my place, the fact that you can change your display name easily on this website makes it so much easier as well!

Although their is also the option of OC character to roleplay

No, that wouldn't work. You are PrincessLuna. Someone could be Luna. Someone else could be Princess of the Night. Someone else could be Nightmare Moon. Someone else could be Lulu. My point being, you cannot associate usernames with characters, as a multitude of usernames on this forum are based off characters and most likely the same characters.
  • Brohoof 1

No, that wouldn't work. You are PrincessLuna. Someone could be Luna. Someone else could be Princess of the Night. Someone else could be Nightmare Moon. Someone else could be Lulu. My point being, you cannot associate usernames with characters, as a multitude of usernames on this forum are based off characters and most likely the same characters.

Well we can't have multiple people roleplaying the same person, and either way this is a small forum.

This is a pony forum. People WILL base their names off of the characters. And if their name is already taken, they WILL alter it so that the system doesn't realize it's taken. Luna47, Lun4, and those are only the ones involving numbers. You have to take a long-term view here.

I'm not an RP'er, but I don't understand why you would need to have a pony's name to RP as him or her. What if my username was Feld0? Would I then not be allowed to take part in any RP's?

At the beginning of an RP, couldn't you all have a signup thread where each user chooses a character to take on the role of, then post those all in the first post of the actual RP thread? Afterwards, every player could write their posts as "[character name]: Blahblahblah..." to make it clear who's speaking. I always thought that's the way that RP's were done...

Back on the topic of an RP section, get a few good, active RP's going first to show us that there will actually be enough activity in an RP section to justify its existence. Combining RP with forum games was done because posts will not be counted for either of those sections, and they're both games in a way (the RP most definitely is not a discussion, in any case). Threads can always be moved to new sections. In the meantime, use the tagging system to separate RP threads from the forum games (Kurt or I will come in and make the tag into a prefix then).

• Brohoof 3

I'm not an RP'er, but I don't understand why you would need to have a pony's name to RP as him or her. What if my username was Feld0? Would I then not be allowed to take part in any RP's?

At the beginning of an RP, couldn't you all have a signup thread where each user chooses a character to take on the role of, then post those all in the first post of the actual RP thread? Afterwards, every player could write their posts as "[character name]: Blahblahblah..." to make it clear who's speaking. I always thought that's the way that RP's were done...

Back on the topic of an RP section, get a few good, active RP's going first to show us that there will actually be enough activity in an RP section to justify its existence. Combining RP with forum games was done because posts will not be counted for either of those sections, and they're both games in a way (the RP most definitely is not a discussion, in any case). Threads can always be moved to new sections. In the meantime, use the tagging system to separate RP threads from the forum games (Kurt or I will come in and make the tag into a prefix then).

I agree with the Admin. There are certainly quite a few easy solutions to make sure that everypony can have a good time. I am a huge fan of RPing, and I really hope that it can be arranged.

we have an RP starting in the colleseum. not many have signed up, but it should be fun if we can get more people.

and to address the name issue, when you join an RP, you fill out a little character sheet thingy. username has nothing to do with who you actually play unless you want it to. in the one over in the CC, i play evilshy, fluttershys evil twin sister.