Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are there more American bronies than foreign ones?

Horsy

I would think that MLP is more popular in the US because of, well, lots of the population are internet people.

Things on the internet spread like wildfire

It's like, whether you like mlp or not, if you almost are always on the internet, how could you not know about mlp? xD

the italians dub for mlp sucks... well not the show in particular, it's actually dubbed quit well.. but the songs! omg.. they are awfull...

btw yes.. there are also some italian bronies like me out there XD.. we just enjoy the show in english

It started in America so naturally it'd, be the place where most bronies would be.

Not to mention fads are very easily picked up here due to internet and media influence while it's much slower over in foreign countries.

Mostly because of hub, the show isn't shown on many channels and there aren't really many that go around looking for the show unless they've heard of it. So, usually I think people at least in America get introduced to it through the hub while others have to discover it either through the internet or some other channel. Boomerang sometimes airs My little pony season 1 and I got introduced to the show by my brother so that's how it goes. It is thanks to hub that we have more American bronies if the show would air on cartoon network as well then there might be more people that get introduced to it.

Because most Americans have it well enough to fantasize over television shows and video games, while most of the world is just trying to survive... not being mean, just being honest.

• Brohoof 1

• 7 years later...

I'm an American citizen so I think I can answer this question adequately. The main reason is because MLP was made in the U.S. for the most part. In America, most people speak English and MLP was originally voiced in English so naturally MLP gained a huge fanbase here. Also, America is a huge country, which means that it is more popular here than anywhere else also because this country is more populated than most.