Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Use of 'Destiny' in MMC?

limit

Alright, I know this is a pretty old discussion, but I recently found something interesting.

I've heard a lot of arguments saying that the use of 'destiny' in MMC is poor, as it's not directly related to their cutie marks, etc. However, in Ponyville Confidential, Rarity uses the same word in regards to Sweetie Belle begging for a cutie mark:

Sweetie Belle: I do understand, and we've all been feeling guilty, but we just want our cutie marks so badly!

Rarity: Do you really think that writing nasty things and making everypony feel horrible is your destiny?

Do you think this could be used to justify MMC's use, or would this be considered another mistake?

There was also the Cutie Mark Chronicles, ironically with Rarity again. When she is explaining how she got her Cutie Mark, she says 'I knew this had to be, my destiny!' (Followed by 'A ROCK!?') So this is not the first time it has been brought up. Plus, there is the whole 'they were destined to meet' kind of thing. It doesn't feel like anything new, just MMC used it most.

I don't see that as a problem but that is my opinion.

I noticed the same thing, and have a blog post about this very issue. I have some points about this, but it would be redundant for me to make all of my points again, and potentially mess them up. So, here is the link.

Read, if you want to hear what I think, and respond as well, if you have other ideas:

http://balancebrony.tumblr.com/post/65849126033/on-mlp-and-destiny

I noticed the same thing, and have a blog post about this very issue. I have some points about this, but it would be redundant for me to make all of my points again, and potentially mess them up. So, here is the link.

Read, if you want to hear what I think, and respond as well, if you have other ideas:

http://balancebrony.tumblr.com/post/65849126033/on-mlp-and-destiny

Haha, I actually did follow you before! I'm the same Limit from Youtube, the comment on Digibrony's video!

I was even thinking of that post when making this, but I wanted to see some more opinions on it.

Haha, I actually did follow you before! I'm the same Limit from Youtube, the comment on Digibrony's video!

I was even thinking of that post when making this, but I wanted to see some more opinions on it.

Ahhh. Well, I'm going to hang here and see other opinions as well!