Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the worst thing that could happen to the fandom?

Black Licorice

Obviously, the worst thing that could happen is if the fandom just breaks up all together. We have issues, but at least they're not big ones. If something big arises, the entire fate of the fandom could be in danger.

• Brohoof 3

It's almost been a year since Fighting is Magic was shut down and Friendship is Witchcraft went off the air in the US. To memorialize both events, I figure I'd ask this question.

It already happened.

It got lame.

Too many 12 year old bronies, too many bronies trying to defend why ponies are good. Newfags shoving it in peoples faces and getting mad when they tell them their opinion.

Annoying bronies on TF2 and Minecraft. 

God.

The worst thing I could imagine is if the ponyfags on /mlp/ decided to leave their quarantine and started going to places like here and FimFiction. From what I've seen, most of the people here and on FimFiction are normal bronies, and most ponyfags just stick to /mlp/. But the moment they start to infest other areas of the fandom, I feel that would be the end of us.

Was that directed to me? I'm 15, don't shove MLP into people's faces, and don't even play TF2 OR Minecraft. If directed at general fandom, that's where all the stereotypes come from.

It's pretty obvious he wasn't trying to insult you.

• Brohoof 1

It already happened.

It got lame.

Too many 12 year old bronies, too many bronies trying to defend why ponies are good. Newfags shoving it in peoples faces and getting mad when they tell them their opinion.

Annoying bronies on TF2 and Minecraft. 

God.

Ah now this is why i try not to be the arrogant agressive an ignorant "newfag" as you say.

I'm 13 and when someone contradicts me i usually agree.

I've defended derpy somewhere along the line because anyone who likes a certain pony will stick up for them

I play minecraft playing hours on end in survival but have never met another brony on there or ever been annoying

I just wanted to say that because I'm slightly suprised someone would say that about other people in the fandom. I try to be mature and positive on these sites and there's still people out there who think young bronies are noobs. :huh:

Btw you should be happy! The brony and pegasister army is growing! B)

Anyway there are young bronies on here....so please watch what you say and if you want to rage (which personally i'm not stopping you from doing) maybe not in public? :)

Sorry this may send you into more of a rage I had to say something

The fandom will die but, not right now!

• Brohoof 2

One good thing in this fandom that you can have many fans/souls of

many ages come together in the name and love of a show!  Yet you

also can get those ones who are well haters going to hate which happens

or think a fandom just belongs to them for what ever reason.  (I'm in my 20's by

the way).

• Brohoof 2

worst thing to happen to the fandom?

Don't know Don't care.

Why focus on everything that could go wrong and instead focus on all the great possibilities, your just going to go nowhere if you moan about whats wrong instead of creating new great things or fixing whats broke.

say even if the show ends and the fandom dies, there will still be some bronies despite how small the number is and one day the fandom would rise back up, with the next generation of the show or a reboot of this series.

Just enjoy everything good while it lasts instead of regretting that fact that you was too busy being depressed by the fact that this could be over one day, don't waste your time like that!

Ponies will be in my heart for as long as I live and I am honored to be a part of this brilliant fandom.

• Brohoof 2

One good thing in this fandom that you can have many fans/souls of

many ages come together in the name and love of a show!  Yet you

also can get those ones who are well haters going to hate which happens

or think a fandom just belongs to them for what ever reason.  (I'm in my 20's by

the way).

Equality for all bronies!

oh btw haters gonna hate!

• Brohoof 1

Well,if something good has this fandom,is that,after all catastrophes and dramas that happened after the show's airing,we managed(for an unknown way)to survive all them :D:D

but about the thread,the.worst possoble.thing. that could happen to this fandom,is to simply end,withou apparent cause

Damn this thread became hyper aggresive fast.

Where did this contention that "their 13 that means their dumb" come from?  It's been part of forum culture for ever,

see things in youth i consider foolish, 

bright eyed, enthusism, hope, 

but their all amazingly asetically pleasing qualities that are a credit to any fan base.

On the other hand i like the balance of dowie eyed fan mixed in with a smidge of crotchied old fan.

if everyone was blissfully happy around here and loved everything I'm fairly certain I'd never make it.

Jim sterling made a point in his video on the jimquiston

"whats with video game fans hating on people for liking game?"

He called it exceedingly gross, and a detratment to gaming in general.

I mean it's one thing for someone to be up set about something you like, that's part of what shapes and possibly defines you,

but why should it be so important to hate what brings someone else happiness?

I know answer to this of course, being who i am,

but the only devils advocate i'm permitted at this point will be the hyper sugary vareity.

It's almost been a year since Fighting is Magic was shut down and Friendship is Witchcraft went off the air in the US. To memorialize both events, I figure I'd ask this question.

There is always MLP: Fighting is magic Project rebuild to look forward to.

http://fim-rebuild.eu.pn/

Edited by Hakureimiko

Obviously, the worst thing that could happen is if the fandom just breaks up all together. We have issues, but at least they're not big ones. If something big arises, the entire fate of the fandom could be in danger.

So, what do you think could happen to the fandom? possibly cancel MLP and have an Equestria Girls show instead? That IMO would be a pretty big issue and could easily break up the fandom.....maybe..

• Brohoof 1

We may have had some argument inside of the fandom, you could say that the fandom splitting away completely and not being able to rebuild would be the... WORST POSSIBLE THING!

• Brohoof 1

We may have had some argument inside of the fandom, you could say that the fandom splitting away completely and not being able to rebuild would be the... WORST POSSIBLE THING!

I find the idea that fans can make other fans rage quit watching the show to be highly dubious.

Maybe a forum.

maybe a web sight?  But the show?  No matter how super awesome as post has ever been,

I or u tube video i don't think i've ever quit a show because of something said.

something might plant a seed in my mind and if what i saw as a result of it i might eventaully go "yeah this isn't worth doing."

I don't think that'll happen to mlp though.

• Brohoof 1

The only real way the fandom is splitting up is if the show ends.

With the community that we have and all of the parodies, fanart, and fanfiction that I've seen, I wouldn't be surprised if a group of folks got together and started making their own episodes either to pick up where the last season leaves off (if the show does end that is) or just for the heck of it. It seems to me that our fellow bronies are too passionate about ponies to just disband if the show were to end. As I stated in an earlier post, I can't see anything this bad happening for a good while.

What if it became illegal to be a brony? That might really be a terrible thing. I guess

Also, if the pony music scene completely disappeared. I would be sad because I enjoy listening to brony and pony songs.

Or of the fanfics all disappeared. I would be sad. I have read some really amazon ones. (Past Sins?)

The fandom dying out is the worst thing that could happen. However, I have several friends who theorize that most bronies will turn into furries once the brony fandom begins to die. They're pretty similar, so I guess I could see this happening.

• Brohoof 1

Ah now this is why i try not to be the arrogant agressive an ignorant "newfag" as you say.

I'm 13 and when someone contradicts me i usually agree.

I've defended derpy somewhere along the line because anyone who likes a certain pony will stick up for them

I play minecraft playing hours on end in survival but have never met another brony on there or ever been annoying

I just wanted to say that because I'm slightly suprised someone would say that about other people in the fandom. I try to be mature and positive on these sites and there's still people out there who think young bronies are noobs. :huh:

Btw you should be happy! The brony and pegasister army is growing! B)

Anyway there are young bronies on here....so please watch what you say and if you want to rage (which personally i'm not stopping you from doing) maybe not in public? :)

Sorry this may send you into more of a rage I had to say something

The fandom will die but, not right now!

Not in a rage, just pointing out I'm done with the fandom tbh.

Minecraft fucking sucks now and so does TF2 I moved to Counter Strike right after I was done with the bronies that kept following me to diff servers, and spamming the MLP theme song.

And even on Counter Strike there are huge brony clans with most of the members being like 5 years old.

I find the idea that fans can make other fans rage quit watching the show to be highly dubious.

Maybe a forum.

maybe a web sight?  But the show?  No matter how super awesome as post has ever been,

I or u tube video i don't think i've ever quit a show because of something said.

something might plant a seed in my mind and if what i saw as a result of it i might eventaully go "yeah this isn't worth doing."

I don't think that'll happen to mlp though.

Trust me there are a lot of people who would quit a show and leave the community. If you don't think so, you give the fandom too much credit. It takes time for a community to decentralize, just saying.

If everyone died.

But seriously, I think the worst thing that could happen is if the show started being bad, the cast and crew stopped caring, and the show becomes the toy commercial that everyone thought it was going to be. Hopefully, that won't happen for a long while.