Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Moving to a New Place in 2017

Jon the VGNerd

21 users have voted

1. 1. Which of the countries (or cities, such as the UK) should I reside in by 2017?

• Frankfurt (Germany)
    • Brussels (Belgium)
    • Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    • Vienna (Austria)
    • Helsinki (Finland)
    • London (UK)
    • Manchester (UK)
    • Toronto (Canada)

I lived in Vienna for a month last May, and I didn't regret it. It's only about an hour flight from Frankfurt so that wouldn't be a problem.

It's a beautiful city, there's plenty of music and arts to go around for (the Vienna Philharmonic, the Schonbrunn Palace, the Danube River, the Stephensdom Cathedral (and catacombs!), the Vienna woods (you can pretend it's the Everfree Forrest!)), not to mention transportation is very dependable and there's a pretty low crime rate there. Also the kepabs are great!

Unfortunately, Austria is very conservative about its languages (English and German). Even with just English, you might have a hard time communicating with somebody every once in a while (about 15-20% of the time, and yes I just made up that statistic!).

Here's the Schonbrunn Palace, with the Stephensdom Cathedral in the far right for your eyes to feast on:

img-2189990-1-vienna2010_0404be1.jpg

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

my mistake, what is it then? i could of swore i had read that the citizens were issued riffles. now im sure that they do have a crime rate i was exaggerating with that a bit.  

Im tired so I just copy and pasted this for you 

''The gun license is obtained from the Police, and one must be in good standing and at least 18 years old, but exceptions regarding age can be made. To apply one must either be a member in an approved shooting club for at least six months or pass a hunting examination''

The US is overrated.

Cant wait to move out and find a place that doesn't have a bipolar weather disorder.

Same. The US is good, but they vary quite a lot, which is why I chose either Canada or Europe. :P

• Brohoof 1

Poll's now closed (only wish a mod could do so :P), so now it's official; Toronto, Canada will become my future home for 2017 (now slated back between 2015 and 2016), so... thank you all for voting, people! And yes, I'll visit European countries when I do have enough money to visit there. :wub: