Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cutie Mark tatoo?

risingpulsar

I put about a years thought into it before i got my apple jack/apple bloom tattoo. For me it means a lot more then my little pony. It is a symbol of an awesome bonding moment with my daughter. I will have a blast telling her children, when she has them, all about my little pony. I will be keeping the figures and comics to pass down to them. It was also a fun way to subtly sneak a tribute to my wife in tattoo form. We both agreed to never get our names in ink, we feel it can be a bit of bad luck. Apple jack reminds me a lot of her. They are both green eyed blond hard working honest country girls in cowboy hats. Lol.

No, just no. Why? Just why? Tell me one reason except that you like the show.

Lol, i think i just listed about three or four reasons up there. I am surprised some people on a brony forum would try to be so strict about what other people are allowed to like on their own bodies.

Lol, i think i just listed about three or four reasons up there. I am surprised some people on a brony forum would try to be so strict about what other people are allowed to like on their own bodies.

Meh, okay but i think tatoos overall is stupid because it's weird. I mean like, you put color things inside your skin and i think it's just stupid. Why not pen tatoos? They are much more cuter :3

Its a deeply personal thing. I am not sure anyone could give you a perfect reason. Tattoos have been used by many cultures as right of passage for a long time. I think calling it stupid is pretty strong language. There are many people out there that have tattoos. I doubt they would agree with you on them being stupid. I am sure many people have gotten tattoos that they regret, but that is for them to decide. Think about how many people think watching pony cartoons is "stupid." How would you explain to them that it is something you enjoy, and place value in. Would it make you sad that they would be so thoughtlessly dismissive of something you enjoy?

i think they are so cute! im a pussy so i probably never will have one but id love a Rarity cutie mark on my shoulder blade maybe :) not my butt because i don't want a tatoo artist to see my ugly butt ^^" But im also scared that when i get older i probably wont be such a fan of the show and than ill have Raritys cutie mark on me for my whole life D:

:chuckles:

I have 3, (4 mlp based ones).

To start from the top, I have "Rarity" across and the right side of my neck, with her Tri-diamond cutie mark firmly on the left side.

MY personal Cutie Mark is on either shoulder blade facing out. A tri slash of animal claws at an angel (i hate using this example but it helps many to picture it, turn the "Monster" slash symbol kitty corner instead of up and down, and replace the black with grey and green with black and you have my mark).

Then again I have a body of ink, the back of my neck says "USA BORN", "Gemini" runs over my shoulder blades and "Mom" down my spine.

I have plans for another MLP to go around either Elbow, one being Celestia's Cutie mark, the other Luna's. And I would Kill for a Stenson laying flat, facing out, with a Trio of Diamonds scatterd on its cut brim.

You know I thought that as well, but honestly it feels "good". Unlike my shoulder or back work there as an odd sensative nature to the neck, you know like when the wife gets cuddly and breaths on it, that sort of feeling, not really sexual by nature just..nice. I recommend it, start with behind your ears or the back of your neck.

I should honor the misses and mention she has a pair of her cutie mark on either shoulder as well, a beautifuly designed Pyramid with a heart in the center. She also has Twilights Cutie mark on her tramp stamp (her words not mine) and again over her left bossom. She is playing with the similar idea that i have for the Stenson and Diamonds, wanting us to get it in the similar place. (she has become a big AJ fan this season)

I plan on getting a couple of Rarity tats when I'm legal to, one of them being her cutie mark.

I want to get her Cutie Mark on the backside of my left shoulder (whatever you call that muscle :D) . and one of her regular appearance on my upper right bicep, since the left is reserved for a replica of my dad's tattoo. I also want to get one on my left pectoral of the Pepsi logo, but that's a whole different story ;)

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I would never do this. :P  I don't really like the idea of getting tattoos in the first place (for myself, at least) because once you get one, it's there forever.  If you get a cutie mark, who's to say you won't like it or be as big of a fan of MLP in a few years?  I just would never get a tattoo, even if I have liked something for years, I wouldn't get a tattoo of it because I'd regret it if I didn't like the thing anymore or not as much.  Plus, once you're old, the tattoo will get wrinkly. :P

• 2 months later...

I think this is a really fun idea.  I'd never actually get a tattoo because I'm afraid of doing something so permanent and knowing my luck I would be allergic to the ink and end up with scar tissue or maybe hepatitis.  I always wanted a L'Cie brand from FFXIII on my upper arm, but I'd just be way too scared.  I'd also be afraid that too many people would misunderstand it and think it's some gang related thing or something.  But ideally speaking, if I could be 100% sure there would be no negative side effects, and if it could be easily removed if I changed my mind, I'd do it.  Like, say if we lived in Star Trek times and you could just, like, wave a little triquater type device over your skin and make the tattoo appear instantly, and if you change your mind, you just wave it over again and it's gone, then I'd definitely get a L'Cie brand and a cutie mark.  I think I'd want to try to design my own cutie mark, though.  But then it would probably just end up being a green triangle, a red square, an orange circle, and a blue X...

Would never tat my own ass, but...well, I won't lie, a chick with a trifecta of apples on her bum would be quite cute. ;)

Hmmm. Could have swore I already posted on this thread. Ah well!

I think I'll get Twilight's cutie mark on my right shoulder blade when I come of age and stop being so chicken. It's elegant, and such a pretty design. It was between her's or Rarity's, but Rarity's won't look good on my skin. :lol:

I already have some tattoos, but I wouldn't ever get anything MLP-related.

Getting a Pony tattoo is a bad idea.

What happens if the fandom dies and you have it. Your Stuck with it now.

So many things that could go wrong with it

I've considered getting minimalist pony tattoos. Or cutie marks. But then I'm always like, "Oh yeah, I don't want to go broke." Also, as much as I think it'd be neat to get a pony tattoo, I don't think I could ever talk myself into it. Mainly because no one would understand and I'm afraid to somehow ostracise myself from my friends by being "That guy with pony tattoos".

Getting a Pony tattoo is a bad idea.

What happens if the fandom dies and you have it. Your Stuck with it now.

So many things that could go wrong with it

What happens if the fandom dies? WHO CARES?! Listen i love you all, i do, but if you age and "grow out" of MLP, good for you. I have been a "Brony" since 89 at the age of 6 i knew it spoke to me, i am 30 year old man that enjoys candy colored ponies who rant about friendship. Its pure, its good, and i love it. If i was going to grow out of it i would have done so as a emo-teen. I havent, i am a man and i am proud of my Cutie marks, my Rarity titles and my pony tats. Hate, cry, and rant all you want, some things, good things, never change.

• Brohoof 3

I plan to get some kind of pony tattoo, I just haven't given the requisite thought to how to do so without it looking silly.

I'm fine with the permanence. IMO tattoos don't have to be something you'll "never regret". What does that even mean? Am I one day going to look back on my enjoyment of the show as a waste of time? Maybe I won't be as dedicated a fan in ten years as I am now, but almost everything in life, especially in my life, is ephemeral. I welcome the permanence of something every once in a while. And a tattoo can be commemorative of something.

All I need to figure out is where and what.