Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Quetzalcóatl Empire

Forlong

Is there seriously no discussion about this?  I was interested in the passing mention of the Quetzalcóatl Empire in Daring Don't.  I even made a video of it, released just in time for my first YouTube copyright strike (and it isn't even Hasbro doing it).

Basically, I think the Empire was populated by Draconequi and that Discord is the last of them.  They were all wiped out by the ponies.  Maybe lead by Star Swirl the Bearded?

Thoughts on the matter?

Maybe we could get another mention of the Quetzalcoatl Empire, where the inhabitants are mostly Draconequi and other species that live in said empire. Hasbro, take advantage of it!

Is there seriously no discussion about this?  I was interested in the passing mention of the Quetzalcóatl Empire in Daring Don't.  I even made a video of it, released just in time for my first YouTube copyright strike (and it isn't even Hasbro doing it).

Basically, I think the Empire was populated by Draconequi and that Discord is the last of them.  They were all wiped out by the ponies.  Maybe lead by Star Swirl the Bearded?

Thoughts on the matter?

Wait I'm not understanding something your saying. Your saying Discord was sealed away by the, Quetzalocatl Empress. So Discord was sealed by her, some how got free, and then was sealed a second time by Celestia and Luna, even thou we saw Discord getting sealed by the elements. Your just leaving a few details.

So do you think the Quezaloctl are ponies or Draconequi?

As for me, I'm not buying this. Discord could have been referned as being more then 1. But, at that times ponies could have just forgotten about him and just assumed he and the other Dracones could have just been a myth. Also if Discord was so powerful to do anything, wouldn't the other have the same power and wouldn't the be able to stop the invading ponies. They could easily make The great Star Swirl think he is a baby.

So I need more prof then some name.

Wait I'm not understanding something your saying. Your saying Discord was sealed away by the, Quetzalocatl Empress. So Discord was sealed by her, some how got free, and then was sealed a second time by Celestia and Luna, even thou we saw Discord getting sealed by the elements. Your just leaving a few details.

So do you think the Quezaloctl are ponies or Draconequi?

As for me, I'm not buying this. Discord could have been referned as being more then 1. But, at that times ponies could have just forgotten about him and just assumed he and the other Dracones could have just been a myth. Also if Discord was so powerful to do anything, wouldn't the other have the same power and wouldn't the be able to stop the invading ponies. They could easily make The great Star Swirl think he is a baby.

So I need more prof then some name.

Good question.  I'm just assuming he was sealed away, because that's the show's standby trope.  There could be other possibilities, but I wanted to talk about my personal head-canon, not all possible head-canons.  Maybe this was because I wasn't clear enough.  I'll have to review my video.  I did run into a couple editing problems, so I might have bumbled somewhere.

As for Discord's magic, you're assuming all of it is natural.  He could have learned magic long ago, but there is no evidence one way or the other.  You are, of course, free to disregard my head-canon.  The nature of a head-canon is having no real evidence supporting it, but no evidence against it.

And yes, I do believe the Quetzacoatl Empire was populated by Draconiqui, possibly with ponies subservient to them.  I thought I made that clear.  Like I said, I might have messed up somewhere, so I'll double check my video when I have time.

Well, I'm curious what you think.  You don't agree with me?  Well that's fine.  Do you have a head-canon for the Quetzacoatl Empire?  I'm open to other schools of thought.

Side note: now I know exactly how to spell Quetzacoatl.  That will be useful never.

Good question.  I'm just assuming he was sealed away, because that's the show's standby trope.  There could be other possibilities, but I wanted to talk about my personal head-canon, not all possible head-canons.  Maybe this was because I wasn't clear enough.  I'll have to review my video.  I did run into a couple editing problems, so I might have bumbled somewhere.

Well we all know he was sealed away. But you were kinda saying it was by this queen. When we know it was Celestia and Luna. Still maybe a little more detail would help for the next version or a remake of the video to make it more clear.

As for Discord's magic, you're assuming all of it is natural.  He could have learned magic long ago, but there is no evidence one way or the other.  You are, of course, free to disregard my head-canon.  The nature of a head-canon is having no real evidence supporting it, but no evidence against it.  

Well it's just hard to believe that Discord some how learned how to manipulate time, ponies minds, and weather. When it looks like he is not wasting any kinda of magic like Twilight does. And it's even harder to believe that he is the only one of his kind who could do all of this. So that's why I think he is the only one.

And yes, I do believe the Quetzacoatl Empire was populated by Draconiqui, possibly with ponies subservient to them.  I thought I made that clear.  Like I said, I might have messed up somewhere, so I'll double check my video when I have time.   Well, I'm curious what you think.  You don't agree with me?  Well that's fine.  Do you have a head-canon for the Quetzacoatl Empire?  I'm open to other schools of thought.  

Well I'm don't have a huge idea on the Quezacoal Empire because I don't think they will talk about it again, even with a Discord episode coming up. Still I did think about it and here is my idea.

The Quezacoal was a race of ponies and Draconiqui. Mostly because there are the crystal ponies and everyone forgot about them. So it's possible that there were other races. They could have been apart of the 3 tribes before, but left because of the fighting and the snowstorm. With maybe all 3 working together they found way's to control weather and make items of magic, using unicorn magic, pegasus weather, and earth pony power. Maybe they worshiped Discord like a god of some kind because of his power. But when the 3 tribes united and they found out, they left Discord and reunited with the others.

I'm not a huge believer in cannon stuff of what fans come up with. I like to go on what the show tell's us. Still I believe this idea a little more.