Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Kingdom Hearts: The Stars of Fantasy (OOC)

Grace Braid

(edited)

RP Thread

The bonds of the worlds... have shattered.

Several years ago, a group of people with great Darkness in their hearts all attempted to ruin the balances of their worlds simultaneously. They called this day the "Final Fantasy." For it was the day when all fantasies vanished. The final day before Darkness overran these interconnected worlds. For you see, each world part of the Final Fantasy had a special bond. A bond said to be so powerful that it held half of the entire Realm of Light intact. Enshrouded in Darkness by the efforts of these villains, the Final Fantasy worlds vanished and their denizens with them. Some survived and were transported across various random worlds, such as to Traverse Town. Others? Who knows...

Observing the stars vanish, King Mickey left Disney Castle and sought to take action. The King traveled far and wide across the remaining worlds... only to find them swarming with these odd beings made of Darkness. He soon discovered that they had been made of the Darkness in people's hearts that had consumed them. Knowing this, he dubbed them Heartless, and sought to find out more about them.

As he fought them off, he found that his Keyblade, an odd and mysterious powerful weapon, was the most efficient means of combating them. But it wasn't enough. He needed more Keyblade wielders... he couldn't vanquish the worlds of all the Heartless by himself.

Reaching a world called Radiant Garden that had been almost oddly devoid of Heartless, he found another Keyblade Master. This Master had been training several apprentices by effectively allowing them to vanquish the Heartless. Hearing that their services were needed elsewhere, the other Master assembled a team of apprentices and trained them for the oncoming journey... the journey to rid the worlds of this plague of Darkness.
_____

Welcome to Kingdom Hearts: The Stars of Fantasy!

This roleplay is going to be quite different from what you might know of the KH universe. In creating it, we have sought to focus on the increasingly neglected (in favor of original characters) Final Fantasy and Disney elements. In other words, it takes place in an alternate KH universe which has several distinctions from the canonical universe.

You will be playing a Keyblade apprentice (or other weapon-wielding character; see below for more information on this) of the Master. Your goal is to find out just what is going on, and to restore balance to the Realm of Light.

_____

With that said, here are the Rules of the RP:
  • Both myself and Arylett Dawnsborough are managing this Roleplay.
  • You don't have to know that much about Kingdom Hearts to join as it differs significantly from the canon universe, but some basic knowledge would be appreciated. For those who need more information, we direct you to the KH Wiki.
  • Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. Minor typos won’t be punished, since that’s just flat-out draconian, but if you make consistent and moderate to major mistakes, even after we have warned you about your grammar/spelling, then we WILL kick you out of the RP. You have been warned.
  • Posts must be at the minimum two sentences, with a paragraph or two being preferred. However, so long as the post is descriptive/detailed and a good quality, it doesn’t matter how long the post is so long that it meets the minimum requirement.
  • Due to the slower pace of this RP, rapid posting is going to be limited. This will be enforced by you not being able to post again until at least two other people have posted.
  • If it has been one day, however, and only one other person has posted, you may post again.
  • Those two rules above may vary depending on the amount of people active in the RP, and so we’ll keep you notified if we decide to change it.
  • Speaking of activity, you must post at least once every two weeks. If you have not posted in that time, then your character will be kicked out of the RP and your spot will be vacated for new players. However, if you post that you’ll be gone for a while, then we’ll automatically double the activity check timer to four weeks, or longer if you specifically designate how long you’ll be gone (although we won’t go above six weeks, since that’s just reaching the point of ridiculousness).
  • We will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post, it does NOT mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, one of us will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until we say so. If you are not accepted, one of us will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.
_____

There are obviously some noticeable Deviations From Canon in this RP. The major ones are as followed:
  • For the most part, all of the events for each of the Final Fantasy games have occurred, instead of them not really occurring in canon.
  • No, the Final Fantasy worlds don’t literally make up half of the Realm of Light. They just had a strong enough bond that they held up half of the Realm of Light. There are still many other worlds, so you don’t have to worry about us running out.
  • While the events of Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep did in fact happen, from there nothing else did really (for obvious reasons). So, as a result Sora/Riku/Kairi will NOT be making appearances in this RP. Ditto obviously then for Roxas, Xion, and Namine.
  • Speaking of original characters not appearing, Organization XIII doesn’t exist. The reason for this is that the original six members never became Nobodies, and so as a result it was never formed.
_____

Also, you need to add the following parts to your character form in your Character Database entry:
  • Weapon Type: (A Keyblade is very heavily recommended; otherwise you have to have a fairly good reason for why you are training with the Keyblade Master.)
  • Weapon Design:
  • Combat Specialization: (Magic, Physical Combat, Defense, Healing, etc.)
______

Player List Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

May I play even if I don't know a ton about Kingdom Hearts Lore? I played through 1 and most of 2, and I really liked them! (I just am too lazy to finish them, I do this often with games).

I have a character idea in mind if I can join! :)

P.S. Just wondering, but do we still make a character databas page first then post here or do you want to approve us first?

May I play even if I don't know a ton about Kingdom Hearts Lore? I played through 1 and most of 2, and I really liked them! (I just am too lazy to finish them, I do this often with games).

I have a character idea in mind if I can join! :)

P.S. Just wondering, but do we still make a character databas page first then post here or do you want to approve us first?

Yes! You can join even if you don't know a thing about KH. Since we're having an alternative universe that has a different story and premise from the original KH, it's really condusive to newcomers.

Oh and you just make your Character Database thread as normal, link it, and then we take a look over it.

(edited)

Not Accepted. The reason for this is because your backstory is too short. Just make it a tad bit longer/more descriptive(like, 1-2 sentences or so), and you'll be fine.

I edited the backstory. :)

Edited by Guest

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

here we go if you want me to change anything just say

http://mlpforums.com/topic/8932-jason/

Not Accepted.

Here's why: First off, your grammar/spelling is a kind of shaky in some spots. For instance, you randomly captalize words in mid-sentence. Also, I'd recommend a bit more detail on your backstory and personality.

Not Accepted.

Here's why: This isn't a pony/KH crossover. It's just KH.

EVERYONE WHO IS PLANNING TO JOIN OR ALREADY HAS: If you have created something in the old Database, please update it to the new one. That includes you, Twister.

Yes, we're planning on starting this very soon. I apologize for all of the delays. We just need a few more members to join.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough

http://mlpforums.com...ers/_/jason-r59

Umm yeah sorry about that it was a habbit i had anyway here you go

Not Accepted. You still have plenty of random capitalization(specifically, after commas rather often), along with some run-on sentences

Okay I changed it.

Is it accepted?

Not Accepted It still has elements that implies Equestria exists in this universe, when it very much so doesn't.

Hey! I was wondering if you could reserve two spots! One for me and one for my roommate who's got to make an account. I told him about this and he's already made a character in Word!

One question so it can be answered for him already. He's planning to have 2 keyblades. The drawback is that one uses his life force to give the blade power, but only receives half the healing effects of Cure, Cura, and Curaga. Is this allowed, or would he need to just use only one keyblade or change certain aspects of his keyblade usage and power?

Hey! I was wondering if you could reserve two spots! One for me and one for my roommate who's got to make an account. I told him about this and he's already made a character in Word!

One question so it can be answered for him already. He's planning to have 2 keyblades. The drawback is that one uses his life force to give the blade power, but only receives half the healing effects of Cure, Cura, and Curaga. Is this allowed, or would he need to just use only one keyblade or change certain aspects of his keyblade usage and power?

Yes, you may reserve two spots!

For your second question, I'll have to confer with my partner and see what he thinks of it. He's not here at the moment. My opinion on it though: if he wanted a second Keyblade, he'd probably have to include more drawbacks and a huge explanation as to how he could use two Keyblades. I'd say most likely though that he should stick to one Keyblade.

(edited)

YOU KNOW WHAT!? I'm going to go ahead and give this a shot. While I may not have ever done a roleplay before (Not to say that I didn't try once or twice, but they ended up not being all that well made >.>) I have been interested in giving it a proper go. And this seems like one I could probably fit in with well enough, as I am familiar with Kingdom Hearts, and find it to be quite awesome. Not to mention I think I can manage at least a post every two weeks ;)

Let me just go ahead and make myself a character thingy... This may take a while, I like to put lots of thought into these kinds of things...

im jst A LITL but woreed boit GRAMMAH scilz.

And here you have it, my own little Keyblade Wielder :3

Backstory is ridiculously long, I know >.>

PS: The amount of awkward acquired, as I step into a world where my mod abilities are rendered useless, is beyond measure.

Edited by Klopp
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Kingdom hearts huh ? Heck yea.

I will make a character and apply him here.

Yes, you may reserve two spots!

. My opinion on it though: if he wanted a second Keyblade, he'd probably have to include more drawbacks and a huge explanation as to how he could use two Keyblades.

Huge explanation and Drawback Hmmm

Posted Image

Cause duel wielding is pure epicness :P

Boom

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/satoshi-r82

Hope he get approved and wow this backstory came out longer than I expected :P

Edited by Trixie's Apprentice Leona

(edited)

How exactly will magic and abilities work out? Are all canon magic allowed? Some not allowed, such as Stop? What about abilities gained throughout the games, such as Combo Plus or MP Haste? Will it be worked into the RP, or is it an irrelevant mechanic for this RP?

Another thing is will there be some mechanic from the KH games that will be used in the RP?

Edited by Wolfe

How exactly will magic and abilities work out? Are all canon magic allowed? Some not allowed, such as Stop? What about abilities gained throughout the games, such as Combo Plus or MP Haste? Will it be worked into the RP, or is it an irrelevant mechanic for this RP?

Another thing is will there be some mechanic from the KH games that will be used in the RP?

I'm not exactly an awesome manager of this thing here (or even been approved >.>) like Arylett and Skyman, but I might as well throw out how I expect stop to work, since I believe all magic should be allowed.

EXAMPLE RP:

The heartless leader scurried around the field, moving far to quickly for any one of us to approach. Not even I could match it's great speed! The swarms of shadows and soldiers only making it even more difficult to strike a blow against our main target. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted the dark creature making his way towards our master, with it's blade prepared for a powerful strike! There was no time to think of my own safety and I ignored the dozen or so heartless surrounded me. Focusing my mind on the one creature we came here to kill, I forcefully raised by keyblade high into the air and let out an ear-shattering scream... "STOP!!!"

At that instant the creature became frozen in time, his dark, menacing blade merely inches away from the masters face, who himself had frozen as well. But not from a misdirected spell, but from a blend of fear, and shock from what his apprentice had just done. He quickly regained his stature, and struck the creature with a powerful piercing blow. At least a dozen more strikes were made, as the creature remain motionless, floating a few feet above the ground, while I continued to dispose of the countless heartless surrounding me, until the dark monster returned back to our own time. The heartless fell to the ground, and let out a terrible scream, so loud and horrifying that I could not help but grasp the sides of my head to prevent as much of the shrieking scream from entering my ears as possible! It seemed like forever, but when the noise was over it was clear the leader of these heartless was not yet dead, only injured by the many blows he had received. Fortunately the damage was severe enough to bring him to a pace we could all manage, and the battle continued on with us having taken control of the advantage.

As for the AP abilities, they seem a bit irrelevent for an RP like this, but I suppose if someone kept a grid of sorts, to keep track of the points and abilities, it could be done.

PS: I have a secondary reason for posting that long RP Example, and that is because I have never actually Roleplayed before. :D I wanted too see if I could write something that you consider good enough quality for this RP ;) ( If not, don't think that saying "OMG THAT SUCKS" would offend me, cause it wouldn't :P )

(edited)

I was also wondering if you could reserve one more spot. I got another one of my friends from college wanting to join, Dayzgone, as posted above. My roommate who wanted to join is Mr. Giggles

Edited by Wolfe