Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning A deeper Romance RP. (SoL, Romance, character building, slow paced)

The Elusive Cinder

So, there are a lot of Romance roleplays out and about, but most suffer from something that I call 'LAFSSAKR Syndrome' - or 'Love at first sight sucks and kills roleplaying' syndrome. I wanted to create a roleplay specifically to go against this.

It's just a concept at the moment, but I'd like to see what kind of interest there might be.

The roleplay will have a generic setting that puts a bunch of characters together: however, what will separate it from others is that we will specifically avoiding the following things:

- 'True love' on day one.

- First pony you meet is magically your soulmate.

- Splitting into pairs and not interacting with others outside your coupling.

Put simply - SoL aspects will take priority early on - with romance being something that should become more evident as everyone gets to know each other. Friendships and rivalries should form, folks should face conflict and drama - even change their minds and so on. Something more natural feeling than 'three guys and three gals walk into a room, divide into pairs and walk out - never to see each other again'.

I'd like folks to be able to leave this RP when its over with more developed characters - maybe friends, enemies or even love interests that might even cross over to other roleplays should they meet again.

So! Is anyone interested, or is it just me?

• Brohoof 1

OH SCREW YOU! I literally had this idea yesterday evening and was about to open an RP myself :c Oh well, I guess I'll might as well join. Dunno as who, how or any of that, but I'll join nevertheless.

LAFSSAKR=lovesucker

I have to say it... Great minds think alike :3

Heh, glad to see I'm not alone then! :P I've got a few ideas brewing for themes and so on - If anyone has any ideas though, by all means let me know!

can moonlight have a mare waifu? she's bi but prefers mares more

anyways no one has a mare that would pair up with moonlight :(

@@@Gloomfury,

I think this is exactly what cinderscribe is trying to avoid with this RP. Does real romance involve making agreements on who will fall in love with who? Have faith moonlight, surely there'll be a mare that will fall for yours. Whatevs, in an RP I don't mind what sexuality my OC assumes, as long as the one he/she falls in love with is someone who he/she is truly in love with. We can discuss which OC's will be in this RP, but I think it's much more fun to let fate decide who falls in love with who. To the both of you, keep in mind that this is what this RP will look like (I think). You cannot go around and ask for Bisexual OC's to join specifically for your OC. Wouldn't it be much more fun for an OC to find out about her bisexuality in the RP itself? For me it would.

@@@Gloomfury,

I think this is exactly what cinderscribe is trying to avoid with this RP. Does real romance involve making agreements on who will fall in love with who? Have faith moonlight, surely there'll be a mare that will fall for yours. Whatevs, in an RP I don't mind what sexuality my OC assumes, as long as the one he/she falls in love with is someone who he/she is truly in love with. We can discuss which OC's will be in this RP, but I think it's much more fun to let fate decide who falls in love with who. To the both of you, keep in mind that this is what this RP will look like (I think). You cannot go around and ask for Bisexual OC's to join specifically for your OC. Wouldn't it be much more fun for an OC to find out about her bisexuality in the RP itself? For me it would.

@@@Gloomfury,

ah you got a point i guess i'l just rp and see what mare who will fall in love with moonlight

Alright! I think that clarifies enough interest for me to go ahead with this: I'll write up some specifics and get the OOC tonight sometime. :)

I don't plan to make it an advanced RP but I will be asking that posts are not consistently 'bare minimum' length ones. Sometimes less is more and a minimum 600 characters is too much, but as a general rule I'll want more than 200 characters per post.

I'm looking for more depth than just something like "Yes, I also like cookies." Said Pony Joe...

Edited by Cinderscribe
  • Brohoof 1

Alright! I think that clarifies enough interest for me to go ahead with this: I'll write up some specifics and get the OOC tonight sometime. :)

I don't plan to make it an advanced RP but I will be asking that posts are not consistently 'bare minimum' length ones. Sometimes less is more and a minimum 600 characters is too much, but as a general rule I'll want more than 200 characters per post.

I'm looking for more depth than just something like "Yes, I also like cookies." Said Pony Joe...

i'k try my best to do that :3

Id love to join, if you'll still accept new people. I made a new OC just today, and I think this could be a great roleplay to test him out in! He's a Zebra, which could make things interesting.I haven't seen anyone roleplay as a Zebra before, personally. So, may I? I have a few ideas swirling around in my head for this already! 

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/nassir-r5858